• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Method is useless in religion?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Just a note on chances. If something doesn't exist then it doesn't exist. It isn't about chances of one in a billion or one in 10^9999^9999. It either is or isn't. And such a thing isn't calculable in mathmatical probability.
if you're waiting for proof in this life....you'll bee waiting until the last hour

no photo, no fingerprint. no equation and no repeatable experiment

all you can do is think about it

I think the odds are good and favorable......a few will find their way out of this world

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
if you're waiting for proof in this life....you'll bee waiting until the last hour

no photo, no fingerprint. no equation and no repeatable experiment

all you can do is think about it

I think the odds are good and favorable......a few will find their way out of this world
Odds are incalculable in the sense you are trying to use. Its a baseless argument.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
in matters of spirit.....
Lets cut the bull **** and get straight to meat, shall we?

In matters of spirit...
You can make up whatever nonsense you want.
And that is exactly what everyone who goes on about spirit does.
Sure they honestly believe their made up nonsense, but that does not stop it from being made up nonsense.

It is much likened to all the claims about god...
Sure people disagree, but just like with "spirit" there is no proving any of it.

gnostic

The Lost One
i suspect.....strongly suspect....

there is an Almighty

Of course, there's an Almighty...

...his name is Mighty Mouse!!!

ea9e9b5571b25244ce1cdb2b271d7906.jpg

Gee...he has passing resemblance to YmirGF.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
so don't use math as a base.....
use your head
You say "use your head," but that really only means try to use your reason. But you have no "reason," you only have what you want.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, goes the old saying. And if wanting to live forever could make it happen, then we all would. Yet, so far as we've ever been able to tell so far, everybody born up until about 100 years ago has -- in very point of fact -- died. And we've heard nothing more from them since.

Using my head....

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You say "use your head," but that really only means try to use your reason. But you have no "reason," you only have what you want.

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride, goes the old saying. And if wanting to live forever could make it happen, then we all would. Yet, so far as we've ever been able to tell so far, everybody born up until about 100 years ago has -- in very point of fact -- died. And we've heard nothing more from them since.

Using my head....
i didn't make up the laws of motion.....
and it stands to reason...
an object at rest will remain at rest.....until...
Someone moves it
(that primordial singularity)

Milton Platt

As its name suggests it is useful in science only. It has not been designed for religion. Right? Please

Regards

It would depend upon the specific claims you wished to examine. If you are asserting that there is a god which interferes with reality, then you should be able to measure those actions. For instance, you can examine claims of faith healers, or of rates of prayer fulfillment, etc. measured against chance. It is interesting to note that faith healers never present actual medical documents before or after their "healing" to substantiate them...........