• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Falsification of the Theory of Evolution (ToE) and

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
But it still would happen, and probably by this time we easily would see massive worldwide starvation and not just with us humans.
You don't know that about continuing birth by consent. It's a sad almost joke perhaps that many many people pray what is called the "Lord's Prayer," but really don't know what it means -- "Let your kingdom come..."

ppp

You don't know that about continuing birth by consent. It's a sad almost joke perhaps that many many people pray what is called the "Lord's Prayer," but really don't know what it means -- "Let your kingdom come..."
I don't know that if I stick my arm in a tigers cage that it will get ripped off and eaten, either. But I am still not going to do it.

YoursTrue

Is the conditionally sterile product of a forced artificial reproduction a good basis to make the conclusion that you are making? They do not naturally reproduce due to a number of barriers to hybridization. Are you claiming uncited evidence that tigers and lions regularly interbreed? Are they only slightly different since they are normally incapable of breeding together? You make a lot of assumptions that you have not validated. I think the diversity between the two species is too great to break the species barrier and all you have found is situation where there is evidence to show that. It is not evidence to falsify evolution, but rather shows that given enough time, organisms with a shared ancestry can no longer effectively interbreed.

It is neither proof for or against evolution. It is simply evidence and evidence that you have misinterpreted.
The interbreeding of tigers and lions does not mean evolution. I didn't say the incapability of continuing effective reproduction of interbred tigers and lions prove that evolution isn't true. But it certainly is a fact. What that fact shows is up to how a person sees it. Meantime, the lack of genetic proof in the form of evidence about the possibility of common ancestor between apes, bonobos, chimpanzees, or whatever like that is not there.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
The interbreeding of tigers and lions does not mean evolution. I didn't say the incapability of continuing effective reproduction of interbred tigers and lions prove that evolution isn't true. But it certainly is a fact. What that fact shows is up to how a person sees it. Meantime, the lack of genetic proof in the form of evidence about the possibility of common ancestor between apes, bonobos, chimpanzees, or whatever like that is not there.
Then you are rejecting the evidence without bothering to learn it. There is substantial evidence detailing a relationship at the genetic and chromosomal level amont bonobos and chimpanzees which are both apes.

No. The interbreeding of two different species does not mean evolution. Was that your point? The fact that lions and tigers can be forced to mate doesn't falsify the theory of evolution no matter who sees it. An interpretation has to be supported. It isn't just accepted because you say so.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
He is showing that he really did not understand the question/point I was making. And at this point, it's ok. Because it did have some further discussion or elucidation. Perhaps further examination or questioning will 'give the answer,' which of course, there is no "proof" of. An answer being true. When I first got on these boards I believed there are certain proofs in science, such as: vaccines that work. (i.e., polio vaccine, smallpox vaccine, etc.) To me that was proof that the vaccines worked for their intended purpose. I have the greatest respect for those scientists that enabled that search and experimentation and application. Conversely, there is no proof to the theory of evolution. Scientifically speaking, of course. Unless you say there is? Fossils are not proof, but that's my opinion and obviously not everybody's opinion. It seems they're a sure sign in many people's minds of the veracity of the theory, that it's no longer a theory but fact. (I've read that some object to the term 'theory,' because it seems they think evolution is a "law." Not a theory. But anyway - so goes the world.)
Do you understand what proof is? Do you understand what evidence is. Didn't you say you studied science in school? Surely you remember being told that proof is not the standard of science.

Your state id is not proof of who you are, it is evidence supporting your claim of who you are. It could be fake. Maybe you are not who you say you are. How would I know. Can you prove to me who you are? Maybe there is a whole group of you that use one account on here.

The scientists making vaccines are well-versed in the theory of evolution relating to the organisms they are developing the vaccines against. You better be glad we understand evolution as we do or we wouldn't be making progress in that area.

YoursTrue

Do you understand what proof is? Do you understand what evidence is. Didn't you say you studied science in school? Surely you remember being told that proof is not the standard of science.

Your state id is not proof of who you are, it is evidence supporting your claim of who you are. It could be fake. Maybe you are not who you say you are. How would I know. Can you prove to me who you are? Maybe there is a whole group of you that use one account on here.

The scientists making vaccines are well-versed in the theory of evolution relating to the organisms they are developing the vaccines against. You better be glad we understand evolution as we do or we wouldn't be making progress in that area.
There are tests to evaluate the success of vaccines. There are no tests to evaluate that humans came from some unknown common ancestor.

YoursTrue

Dodge.
Your "explanation" does not explain anything. Why does your viewpoint get a pass?
I'm not asking you to accept my thought about the need that seems obvious to me to be able to explain how life got started.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Not necessarily. But I would say that many who experiment with vaccines and medicine have an education in evolution. That does not mean the ToE is true. It can mean that puttIng certain elements together and inject them in a person can help them ward off some illnesses. The theory of evolution does not impinge upon successful medical practice.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Not necessarily. But I would say that many who experiment with vaccines and medicine have an education in evolution. That does not mean the ToE is true. It can mean that puttIng certain elements together and inject them in a person can help them ward off some illnesses. The theory of evolution does not impinge upon successful medical practice.
What do you mean not necessarily? Do you think they just believe things about what they are doing and guess at it? Or do you think they have a sound theoretical basis and understanding of biology?

I find it so difficult to accept your claim of early education in the subject of science and the theory of evolution. Why I find it hard is the questions you have trouble formulating and the claims you make that are not in any way related to the discussion or the subject at hand.

The theory of evolution is in play with new strains of disease organisms. In the development of drug resistance. In toxicology applied to come up with chemistry to treat for bacterial, viral and fungal infections as well as cancer. Medical researchers are not just ignoring that science to please people that disagree on a doctrinal, belief basis.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There are tests to evaluate the success of vaccines. There are no tests to evaluate that humans came from some unknown common ancestor.
There are all kinds of tests and many have been reported to you here. Just because you claim nothing was presented, doesn't mean that is so and it is not so.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
RIght. The theory is all supposition. Some says it's law. But clearly it's not.
The theory is an explanation of the evidence. You keep saying that it is supposition, but you have never once shown how it is supposition or offered any alternative explanation that is better.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
RIght. The theory is all supposition. Some says it's law. But clearly it's not.
There is no proof in science. I cannot count how many times this has been explained to you and I know it came from multiple different posters.

If you have a better argument for all the evidence and there is a centuries-old accumulation of it, then you will have to do better than just claim it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
That has nothing to do with what I posted.

YoursTrue

It does because it is certainly possible that a group of people would...refrain from conduct such as adultery, homosexuality, murder, fornication. Think about that for a while as you keep saying what you don't believe about what the Bible says.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Think about that for a while as you keep saying what you don't believe about what the Bible says.
Why do you keep lying as you continue to say things like the above by putting words in my mouth that I have not stated nor implied? Have you no shame?

YoursTrue

Why do you keep lying as you continue to say things like the above by putting words in my mouth that I have not stated nor implied? Have you no shame?
It does because it is certainly possible that a group of people would...refrain from conduct such as adultery, homosexuality, murder, fornication. Think about that for a while as you keep saying what you don't believe about what the Bible says.
Answer this. Do you believe Jesus existed as written in the Gospel accounts? How about the Israelites, do you believe they existed as a nation before and during the time Jesus was on the earth? Do you believe fornicators, murderers, adulterers and homosexuals will not inherit God's kingdom? Whatcha think, no lying...

YoursTrue

Yes, it does. It sounds like when Jesus was on trial before the Sanhedrin and they determined he should be put to death, the high priest ripped apart his garments. See what you think: true or not true?
Mark 14:
"The high priest asked him another question, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the glorious God?”
62 “Yes, I am!” Jesus answered. So non you will see the Son of Mansitting at the right side of God All-Powerful, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”
63At once the high priest ripped his robe apart and shouted, “Why do we need more witnesses? 64 You heard him claim to be God! What is your decision?” They all agreed he should be put to death."
What do you teach, did it happen?

YoursTrue

What do you think (believe) about the following:
New Living Translation
"Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality"
What do you believe. True maybe or maybe not.