• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Falsification of the Theory of Evolution (ToE) and

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Answer this. Do you believe Jesus existed as written in the Gospel accounts? How about the Israelites, do you believe they existed as a nation before and during the time Jesus was on the earth? Do you believe fornicators, murderers, adulterers and homosexuals will not inherit God's kingdom? Whatcha think, no lying...

What do you teach, did it happen?

What do you think (believe) about the following:
It is things like the above that all so often makes Christianity appear to be a religion based on judgementalism, arrogance, and ignorance, thus I have no longer even the smallest inclination to continue on with any conversation with you, especially since I have explained many times to your where I'm coming from theologically and why. You think you're defending the faith when in reality you're really hurting it.

Thus, I'd much rather spend time dialoging with those Christians who actually do their best to live out Jesus' Two Commandments: to love God and neighbor.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I think Mr.ID has scampered off to another forum...

Probably preparing slides for his upcoming debate on the non sequitur show. Also he might be researching a few new inventive ways of avoiding questions.

GardenLady

The way the post was worded, I took it to imply change not over a single generation, but speciation to the individual within its own lifespan. That would not be evolution in the sense of the theory. The way that you and @John53 see it is within a generation which is essentially an individual giving birth to a new species. A common creationist fallacy that is also not a claim of the theory of evolution.

Well that is clearly poor wording on my part. What I meant was the small incremental changes occur over time, and at some point science places a species name on a member of the line, based on evidence that change over time has become sufficient to designate a new species. No change proto-human giving birth to homo sapiens sapiens, and no person of genus homo not born sapiens becoming sapiens in his/her lifetime.

ppp

Well that is clearly poor wording on my part. What I meant was the small incremental changes occur over time, and at some point science places a species name on a member of the line, based on evidence that change over time has become sufficient to designate a new species. No change proto-human giving birth to homo sapiens sapiens, and no person of genus homo not born sapiens becoming sapiens in his/her lifetime.

Did you really mean "member"? As opposed to a population.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably preparing slides for his upcoming debate on the non sequitur show. Also he might be researching a few new inventive ways of avoiding questions.
Thanks for posting that video. It was...interesting. I think of a way to repay the "favor" sometime.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry. The poor wording was completely mine in my post you responded to. I had to go back and look to see the context. Your post was worded fine. I was critiquing @YoursTrue's faulty description of speciation in comparison to your rather well-described understanding. In reviewing, I can see how I confused you and wasn't clear on the distinction.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I've gone into witness protection
How fortunate for you. You shouldn't have made a slide of that though and posted that book on Amazon about how hiding where you are proves intelligence. That wasn't a very good solution, solution.

You know. If you stretch out a large piece of canvas 'wherever you are', I'll see if I can get some eggs into orbit. If they are dropped from low earth orbit, I wonder how many sheets of canvas we would need to demonstrate that we probably won't sell any books on Amazon either.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
How fortunate for you. You shouldn't have made a slide of that though and posted that book on Amazon about how hiding where you are proves intelligence. That wasn't a very good solution, solution.

You know. If you stretch out a large piece of canvas 'wherever you are', I'll see if I can get some eggs into orbit. If they are dropped from low earth orbit, I wonder how many sheets of canvas we would need to demonstrate that we probably won't sell any books on Amazon either.

I haven't got a son to catch the egg though, I'd have to get my daughter to do it, that might adversely affect the results.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It is things like the above that all so often makes Christianity appear to be a religion based on judgementalism, arrogance, and ignorance, thus I have no longer even the smallest inclination to continue on with any conversation with you, especially since I have explained many times to your where I'm coming from theologically and why. You think you're defending the faith when in reality you're really hurting it.

Thus, I'd much rather spend time dialoging with those Christians who actually do their best to live out Jesus' Two Commandments: to love God and neighbor.
So then -- another point posed by Jesus is encoimpassed in the "Lord's Prayer." Anyway, have a nice day.

MrIntelligentDesign

There is no change that will alter the line or label, since the biological cell will never permit it. Thus, there is no Evolution happening in biological world.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If a human says biology human is from small cells. Ignore the two human parent bodies as advice as you don't actually live their life.

So pretend just a little sperm and ovary grew your baby self.

As biology is taught as a human science who says don't argue my advice. Science gives you a human age as old as you are now. Then maybe to.100 years old then biological death decay back to small bodies.

Billions of years isn't really a sensible human thesis unless you think a power owns an equated number as billions by mass.

Then a machine would need to be that strong in mass also. If you wanted human access to it by you changing natural created creation.

So if science asks science if I do a reaction can I destroy planet earth by a counted number equating power in energy.

Is what he really keeps asking. As human life has nothing to do with the large numbers you bandy.

If a human says in your human body I name all types of human expressed body types that singularly existed as single self types my human body isn't their age.

So human consciousness virtually says to a human trying to give our biology millions of years as age virtually get told you lie.

As it is human behaviour that tries to coerce ideas when they decide they will try for a scientific machine destructive cosmos power thesis.

Let me try to convince you how old you bodily are so you won't think I'm trying to destroy life on earth.

As it is the way a science theist thinks.

Greedy humans think those kind of greedy thoughts.

Human behaviour has a need to answer human behaviour. Before human behaviour destroys life on earth it keeps saying. As we say it to ourselves.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no change that will alter the line or label, since the biological cell will never permit it. Thus, there is no Evolution happening in biological world.
That is what you believe, but that is not what the evidence indicates. The theory of evolution is the best explanation we have for the observed changes in population of living things over time. I have seen nothing in your speculation that would lead anyone to conclude differently.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't got a son to catch the egg though, I'd have to get my daughter to do it, that might adversely affect the results.
Well, it is science and we must have an experiment to keep talking on about. She will have to do. If she gives us that look that a woman often does when guys are doing something stupid, then that may be evidence for intelligence. At least hers. It could be the key missing from previous experimental designs.