• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sorry, but the “expert” leaves it to us to fulfill the criteria before the form is filled in. The criteria is the important thing, filling in the form is just recording what is already a fact.

What do you believe the criteria is? What makes one a “Christian”? What is Jesus looking for in us?

I believe Jesus wants a person to receive the forgiveness that was freely offered on the cross and for people to receive Him as Lord and Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
a rich man came to the Gate
he carried to bags of obvious weight

and Peter said.....Oh no
We don't allow baggage here

and the rich man said....
It's okay...I know your Boss
Go ask Him

Peter went asking and returned puzzled ...but with instruction
OKAY.....I should look in the bags
and then you get to go in

the rich man entered

an angel was nearby and overheard the talk at the Gate
saw the rich man enter...!!!!!
and then had to ask.......wtf?

and Peter said.....yeah .....I KNOW!!!!

and why would anyone bring their own paving bricks...!!!!

I believe that is a good question since the streets are paved with gold.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I believe Jesus wants a person to receive the forgiveness that was freely offered on the cross and for people to receive Him as Lord and Savior.

I believe you are correct.....but on what basis do we receive this forgiveness? What is the criteria? Can someone be disqualified?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
and you think you are saved?

how was that line drawn?
I don't really think about "saved." It's pretty much a Christian construct. I don't really think about the afterlife. I think about this life right here right now and whether I am living it for God. God deserves to be obeyed simply because He is God. I am a Jew, and I have a covenant with Him. Am I keeping it? Whatever happens in the afterlife will take care of itself if I am living the present life for God as best I can, obeying his commands, and repenting when I slip.

The Anointed

I don't really think about "saved." It's pretty much a Christian construct. I don't really think about the afterlife. I think about this life right here right now and whether I am living it for God. God deserves to be obeyed simply because He is God. I am a Jew, and I have a covenant with Him. Am I keeping it? Whatever happens in the afterlife will take care of itself if I am living the present life for God as best I can, obeying his commands, and repenting when I slip.

And what is the covenant that you have with God, which covenant, you say that you are keeping?

ppp

And what is the covenant that you have with God, which covenant, you say that you are keeping?
You know that Judaism is not just Christianity without Christ, right? They don't have the whole born corrupt and doomed to eternal damnation without salvation shtick that Christians do.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
sin .....means .....without
(Spanish)

and I lean to that
we ARE born without God

we might have a spirit breathed into the body as the body comes forth

the rest is up to us

and the consequence is dealt by Him

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe you are correct.....but on what basis do we receive this forgiveness? What is the criteria? Can someone be disqualified?

I believe there are two qualifications: 1. One must repent ones sins - After all you are not really asking for forgiveness if you think your sin is ok. 2. You must forgive others - God will not do what you are unwilling to do yourself.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe the after life for you could be Hell. There is still a little time left to change that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am working on it. Thankfully, in the LDS religion, there is a very small hell and three heavens in which one can reside. That is comforting.

I believe many fairy stories are comforting as in baptizing babies saves them for life. I have some fairy dust I could sell you if you are willing to believe anything anyone tells you.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I believe many fairy stories are comforting as in baptizing babies saves them for life. I have some fairy dust I could sell you if you are willing to believe anything anyone tells you.

Uh, coming from another Christian, your comments are surprising.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
and I have a story line about God's Favored
who lost his position at God's right hand

with that in mind......ANY position can be lost

Who was at God's right hand and lost his favor? Please tell....

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
shortly after God said......I AM!

Someone Else said......Me Two

Firstly, God never said “I AM” and the one at his right hand never said “Me Two”.

There is only one God who identified himself as YHWH (Yahweh, Jehovah) whose name never was “I AM”.....according to the Jewish Tanakh, his name means, “I Will Be What I Will Be”. (Exodus 3:13-15 chabad.org)
The meaning of God’s name was never a statement of his existence, but a name indicating his intention to “BE” whatever he needed to be in order to carry out his will and purpose.

His firstborn son never competed with his Father as an equal in any way. He remained subservient to his God and Father before, during, and after his earthly sojourn.

Where do you see otherwise?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Firstly, God never said “I AM” and the one at his right hand never said “Me Two”.

There is only one God who identified himself as YHWH (Yahweh, Jehovah) whose name never was “I AM”.....according to the Jewish Tanakh, his name means, “I Will Be What I Will Be”. (Exodus 3:13-15 chabad.org)
The meaning of God’s name was never a statement of his existence, but a name indicating his intention to “BE” whatever he needed to be in order to carry out his will and purpose.

His firstborn son never competed with his Father as an equal in any way. He remained subservient to his God and Father before, during, and after his earthly sojourn.

Where do you see otherwise?
God and the angelic preceded the form of Man

and Adam is a chosen son of God

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
God and the angelic preceded the form of Man

and Adam is a chosen son of God

Yes, God is the uncreated Eternal Being....the only one in existence who can claim that title.....but the angelic are all created, including the firstborn son. (Colossians 1:115-17; Revelation 3:14)

Adam is only a "son of God" because he too is a creation of God.....he was not produced through a mother, just a creation of the Father.