• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salvation

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the focus of this thread is salvation

but I suspect.....even God and heaven cannot pull you back if the line drawn
was not upheld

any chance?.....you draw the line for yourself?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
AND.....if you are saved

can you do so again for someone else?
extend that line to include the next person

what if your loved one has failed?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
as an action performed by Someone Else.....

can you describe the line He drew?
and can you cross that line as He intends for you to do?

Well in my case, the line will probably end up being a straight line with a top and bottom side. The top side will be being reincarnated to a more enlightened life and to possibly grow more. The bottom will be having to pay a big karma debt and experience a lot of trauma, most likely, in the next life.

I do believe you briefly meet the powers-that-be, the gods, between reincarnations - well usually.

I really think the best things I can do is not be sinister, try my best, and try to be enlightened rather than trusting bad dogma, to go above the line.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well in my case, the line will probably end up being a straight line with a top and bottom side. The top side will be being reincarnated to a more enlightened life and to possibly grow more. The bottom will be having to pay a big karma debt and experience a lot of trauma, most likely, in the next life.

I do believe you briefly meet the powers-that-be, the gods, between reincarnations - well usually.

I really think the best things I can do is not be sinister, try my best, and try to be enlightened rather than trusting bad dogma, to go above the line.
I see this as a fence
you crossover
then return

any chance?....you will finally stay on the far side?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I see this as a fence
you crossover
then return

any chance?....you will finally stay on the far side?

I really need to study my religious literatures more, but I suspect you could eventually leave this Earth and go to some other better realm. Could take thousands of years of reincarnations and learning.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I for one have often posted.....

if my beloved is not found in heaven
I will ask the lend of a sword and go looking for her

as if I can do such things

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
and you think you are saved?
Saved from what? What is this saving that you are talking about? The real saving, if any, is to be saved from superstitious ignorance.
AND.....if you are saved
can you do so again for someone else?
extend that line to include the next person.
Yes, I can, provided the person abandons his/her superstitious prejudices. If someone wants to remain ignorant, nothing much can be done for him/her.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
anybody else?

We first have to define what it is that we are getting "saved" from?
Christians use this expression but not many can actually define it.

What say you Thief?

Using an analogy that I like to apply...if you were on board the Titanic which you believed was unsinkable because the builders told you that.....and someone had removed some of the lifeboats because of this mistaken notion, how would you feel if you saw that all the lifeboats were full, and you were still standing in a crowd on the deck with water swirling around your knees?

How would you feel if there was criteria for a place on those lifeboats and you didn't meet it? Would you still want a seat? When the Titanic was sinking, it was "women and children first". Some men stoically put their wives and children on the lifeboats knowing that they would never see them again. Other men tried to sneak on and who could blame them? But what if you were discovered and asked to give up your place, knowing that you would surely die if you did? No one would ever want to be in any of those positions. Not even the women and children who were pulling away from the sinking ship.

I see the world as the Titanic.....and it is sinking, but the lifeboats are not reserved for just women and children, they are reserved for everyone who wants to qualify for a place. Its a bit like applying for citizenship in another country....you must meet the criteria or your application will be rejected.
There is a list of qualifications that must be attained if you want a place, and you know that only those who fulfill all of them will get a onboard. What will you do?

What is the criteria for salvation?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I for one have often posted.....

if my beloved is not found in heaven
I will ask the lend of a sword and go looking for her

as if I can do such things
That sounds heroic....but what if she is just 'sleeping', waiting for Jesus to call her out of that sleep and you are waiting there for her as the first face she sees when she wakes up? No sword required....how would you feel?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, I can, provided the person abandons his/her superstitious prejudices. If someone wants to remain ignorant, nothing much can be done for him/her.
so you DO recognize at least one line drawn

AND.....you might.....maybe .....
can do something about it