• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Role of Authoritarianism in Science

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Facts of 2022 AD are:
1. Universe is there,
2. Humans are there.
Hence, there cannot be Universe without humans.

No. Hence, humans and a universe are there.

You were complaining about not having authority in science like Darwin does. You might have more authority in science if you made sound arguments like Darwin did. I assure you that if his writing was as chaotic as yours, neither of us would ever have heard of him.

The Universe is fine-tuned to support human life. Because any slightest difference in fundamental constants is fatal.

You don't know this for a fact, nor that the universe could have been any other way, but we can grant you this for now anyway. You have made an argument for a god that is not omnipotent intelligently designing the universe. If there are narrow ranges for what the fundamental constants of physics must be for life and mind to exist, and that deity is constrained by them, then that deity is not the author of those constraints.

But that's another matter - the problem with God being the source of everything. Are we to believe that a conscious deity is the author of its own consciousness as well as ours? Or the author of whatever laws keep it and all that power and knowledge it has intact, without which a deity be expected to dissipate (disorganize, increase entropy).

Incidentally, I can't imagine how small the number is that represents what fraction of the universe could support human life naturally like earth does without technological support. How many zeroes would precede the first non-zero digit after the decimal point? Most of the universe is inhospitable to humanity - water and oxygen too sparse, too much radiation, too little or too much gravity, too hot or too cold, too close to a star or a black hole, etc..

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Lord Christ has opened my eyes and my mind.

To what, specifically? Many people feel like they have a personal relationship with Christ and very few of them would deny evolution and call science authoritarian, so this still doesn't answer my question.

You're just reiterating that you converted to Christianity, but you've yet to give any reason why that would lead you to these conclusions.

questfortruth

You're just reiterating that you converted to Christianity, but you've yet to give any reason why that would lead you to these conclusions.
I have completed school with Gold Medal - highest honor. I have completed Tartu University with Cum Laude - highest honor. Then I became Christian, and gain new nature.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Logic and logical reasoning is not the king of science at all.
Then how do you account for the advancement of scientific knowledge at an ever-accelerating rate?

And why are you surprised that Einstein's views took a while to be accepted?

I assume you know that Einstein was wrong about the steady-state (non-expanding, eternal) condition of the universe and argued with Lemaître, who had proposed what's now called the Big Bang? But when, belatedly, he was satisfied by the evidence, then "logic and logical reasoning" showed they were indeed the king and queen of science, no?

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There cannot be Universe without humans. I see no problem here.
That is ridiculous. The universe is 13,800,000,000 years old, while humans have been around for perhaps as many as 200,000 years. And therefore, for something like 13,799,800,000 years, the universe existed just dandy without any humans at all.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Light was invented on earth after God earth owned a cold clear heavens in space.

The sun did it. You brother are not the sun.

Man said Yeh begins light. No biology even existed yet. So men prove they claimed I owned the immaculate cold clear heavens himself.

Only god the earth did. It's immaculate clear space mass was sacrificed.

You scientific liars weren't even there.

Is how big a liar a man scientist is who then sacrificed his own life.

Is the natural mans reasoning first owner of human life versus satanisms burning life to death theists. Just humans also not any universe.

All information about science was human theories by a natural man first. His advice he said was communicated to him by sounds and images.

Yet sound and image is not physical it's caused.

Is his scientists advice. So electricity from coal was previous all nature's life destroyed a long time ago owning the human artefact as evidence inside of coal. What advice told him spirit of humans life body as burnt destroyed life began the moment of electricity invention in modern life. Coal.

So Stephen Hawking the modern life of the king life of man an innocent baby sacrificed advised him he was trying to burn us to death. Once again to act as Satan. Burning themes.

Of course laughter and snide comments are always involved about the man's life advising. Mockery truth.

As I saw Einstein in a vision he apologised and as a scientist said he was wrong. I believe him brothers. I don't believe you.

NDE says in a moment near death you realise just how wrong you were in the too late moment. Especially claiming being Mr know it all.

Advised means a teaching existing states told you it's natural advice. it never taught you its destroyed advice. You experience that wisdom for yourself

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Men of science imposing all conditions chosen by men in science say science as status machines correct is the machine reactions. Built architecture using designs by man are right.

Okay.

Yet most of science machines destroy created mass. Only you claim the destroyer is right as a man doing the destroying.

Is not logical man the spiritual natural man.

Man logical said Ogod planet earth is its owned creation created creator.

Science destroying God the planet body is not logical.

Reason. He says he puts it back.

Where in reality had he put it back as natural form?

His thesis began as thinking about natural form first. Then he destroys natural form. Is determined scientists circular thinking self possession.

Was studied and realised by natural men thinking observing your behaviours.

Bible about consciousness human.

Clara Tea

"The world is mad." (Voltaire)

Logic and logical reasoning is not the king of science
at all. The authority (of God's or satan's) is the king of science.

After all, the absolutely logical and technically flawless 1905 AD articles of Prof. Albert Einstein for five years and more did not have the slightest meaning for all the scientists of the world (except for Einstein's Editor and Friend - most famous Prof. Niels Bohr), from their impure and arrogant lips it sounded "he does not even work as a physicist", "he is just a patent clerk", "how dare he argue with Sir Newton?", "This is Jewish science."

We should all try to get along, and that's hard to do with your angry and mean attitude.

Nasty assault on science. What did science ever do to deserve that? Science gave us computers, smart phones, cars, vaccines (and other medical breakthroughs), etc.

Scientists are not attacking religion. Many scientists are religious.

Voltaire - Wikipedia

Voltaire was not a scientist, so he really didn't understand the logic and reasoning used by scientists. Voltaire wrote about the "strict censorship laws of the Catholic French monarchy (according to the Wikipedia article about Voltaire). Voltaire suggested that a woman scientist named Hypatia was stripped naked by a religious mob and massacred her.

Einstein, probably because he was Jewish in a bigoted world, never got a Nobel prize for special nor general relativity. In 1905 (before bigotry of Nazis was so powerful) Einstein won a nobel prize for his theory of the photoelectric effect, which showed that light is in discrete packets called photons. Prior to that, the generation of radio signals (a form of electromagnetic radiation of a lower frequency than light) was considered a continuous wave (not particles).

Bigotry against Jews was a result of religion. Nazis had been Christians.