• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Role of Authoritarianism in Science

questfortruth

"The world is mad." (Voltaire) Logic and logical reasoning is not the king of science at all. The authority (of God's or satan's) is the king of science. After all, the absolutely logical and technically flawless 1905 AD articles of Prof. Albert Einstein for five years and more did not have the slightest meaning for all the scientists of the world (except for Einstein's Editor and Friend - most famous Prof. Niels Bohr), from their impure and arrogant lips it sounded "he does not even work as a physicist", "he is just a patent clerk", "how dare he argue with Sir Newton?", "This is Jewish science."

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"The world is mad." (Voltaire) Logic and logical reasoning is not the king of science at all. The authority (of God's or satan's) is the king of science. After all, the absolutely logical and technically flawless 1905 AD articles of Prof. Albert Einstein for five years and more did not have the slightest meaning for all the scientists of the world (except for Einstein's Editor and Friend - most famous Prof. Niels Bohr), from their impure and arrogant lips it sounded "he does not even work as a physicist", "he is just a patent clerk", "how dare he argue with Sir Newton?", "This is Jewish science."

What does God or Satan has to do with the science by Einstein :confused:
Science is human invention.....

Altfish

Veteran Member

The fact that you have written a scientific paper does not immediately get you acceptance.
Anti-Semitism was rife at the time and scientists were no exception.
Alfred Wegener proposed a hypothesis of continental drift that was initially badly received, but now have evolved into the theory of plate techtonics.

When scientists propose radical new ideas, they need to gain inertia to become accepted.
BUT science, unlike religion, does change.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Facts of 2022 AD are:
1. Universe is there,
2. Humans are there.
Hence, there cannot be Universe without humans.
In the main I manage to refrain from responding to the, how shall I put it, bizarre comments that you have routinely made your stock in trade, but now and again the absurdity gets to me. And so…… :facepalm:

questfortruth

the absurdity gets to me.

Let me say another riddle:
What can one eat in a toilet? The answer is: ice-cream. Other answer is: soup.

I don't think God needed to create the universe because humans had to be here. Universe could be a stand alone

The Universe is fine-tuned to support human life. Because any slightest difference in fundamental constants is fatal.

150,000 years ago
The Universe is 4-dimensional. Hence, Albert Einstein is alive.

F1fan

Veteran Member
My understanding of God is that God is so far above humans in everything, but humans can purity to be similar to God
And you could be mistaken, God could be some crude force that has no similar characteristics that are commonly believed among believers.

Look up anthropomorphism. There is where your God is likely born.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And you could be mistaken, God could be some crude force that has no similar characteristics that are commonly believed among believers.

Look up anthropomorphism. There is where your God is likely born.
Yes, I could be wrong.
My original reply to OP has to do with mixing God in to science, something I believe is a flaw, science is human invention.

But its my belief, so others can of course believe differently