• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Role of Authoritarianism in Science

questfortruth

The fact that you have written a scientific paper does not immediately get you acceptance.
Authoritarianism in Science.
If author has zero of authority, he will not be even published.
Einstein was miraculously lucky with journal editor - Bohr.

Last edited:

questfortruth

Maybe I truly misunderstood your quest.
I have the degree of a Master of science. As such, I consider myself a
scientist. If so, I would like to be convinced of the mistakes I have done. Others
might become convinced of my mistakes, but I want to be convinced as well. I
listen to my colleagues, I consider their opinion. But their opinion has not
convinced me yet.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have the degree of a Master of science. As such, I consider myself a
scientist. If so, I would like to be convinced of the mistakes I have done. Others
might become convinced of my mistakes, but I want to be convinced as well. I
listen to my colleagues, I consider their opinion. But their opinion has not
convinced me yet.

How can you expect to be published if you do not take advice from those you already publish maybe monthly?

Why are your understanding better than those who publish all the time, and you dont?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Am I only one in humankind without brain? I need to see my mistakes.
How did you conclude this by what I asked you?

If a person/scientist tell you "you are wrong here and here in your papers", then the scientist show it with use of science,

Isnt that the proof/evidence you looking for?
Or

exchemist

Veteran Member
"The world is mad." (Voltaire) Logic and logical reasoning is not the king of science at all. The authority (of God's or satan's) is the king of science. After all, the absolutely logical and technically flawless 1905 AD articles of Prof. Albert Einstein for five years and more did not have the slightest meaning for all the scientists of the world (except for Einstein's Editor and Friend - most famous Prof. Niels Bohr), from their impure and arrogant lips it sounded "he does not even work as a physicist", "he is just a patent clerk", "how dare he argue with Sir Newton?", "This is Jewish science."
Totally untrue.

- Einstein's 1905 papers were received excitedly from the beginning. He was appointed Professor within 4 years of publishing. That is pretty damned fast acceptance, by anybody's standards.

- Einstein was not a patent "clerk". I get so fed up with this persistent falsehood. Einstein was a Patent Office Examiner, a job requiring considerable skill in understanding science and technology and considerable intellect, to identify novelty in what was presented in patent applications. You need a good science degree and skill with words to have any chance of doing it. (Full disclosure: I trained as a patent agent, the lawyer that negotiates with the Patent Office on behalf of inventors.;))

- "Jewish science" was a brief aberration in Nazi Germany alone. The rest of the scientific world thought it absurd and had nothing to do with the idea. (not least because so many of the world's leading physicists were at least part-Jewish: Einstein, Bohr, Pauli, Born, Bethe, Wigner....)

Where do you get this rubbish?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ella S.

*temp banned*
It's not authoritarianism for a reputable academic journal to refuse to publish you and they aren't required to give you a reason for rejecting your submission.

In fact, this happens to most scientists at least a few times. Often, the paper has to be reformatted to meet the journal's standards and then re-submitted. Sometimes you just have to find another journal with more interest in your work.

If every journal you go to is rejecting your submission, then it's not because there's some Archbishop of Science that has it out for you; each journal is independently managed. It's a sign that experienced and well-respected scientists don't see value in publishing your work. If you hold the degrees that you claim to, then you should know what the best practices for these papers are and you should be uniquely qualified to understand their grievances.

questfortruth

It's a sign that experienced and well-respected scientists don't see value in publishing your work.
Surely, it is because I have no authority in scientific community. After all, they have accepted the Charles Darwin with his "man from ape" theory.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Surely, it is because I have no authority in scientific community. After all, they have accepted the Charles Darwin with his "man from ape" theory.

Evolution is one of the most well-evidenced models in all of science. The amount of data supporting it is overwhelming, with unique support in just about every single field of the natural sciences.

If you deny evolution, then it isn't a lack of scientific "authority" that's the issue; it's your own ignorance of science.

Wherever you got your degree from should be sued. They clearly didn't teach you anything about the rigor of the scientific method or how to get published. You might very well need to start from scratch at another school. I'm very frustrated that they would let you graduate with such fundamental gaps in your understanding. Shame on them.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
According to scientific research "The ape" theory is the closest science has cone to answering how humans become humans.
Is it 100% correct theory? Probably not, because science does not yet have all the answers.

Does creation from religion has absolutely every answers, except for "God created it" no, if a religious person say "I have all the answers" that person is telling lies.

Religion and science are two different ways to seek answers to "How the heck did we end up on earth"

No need to discredit anyone for thinking one is right or the other is wrong.

Make what you believe the important to you, and become the best you, that you possible can be.

questfortruth

Does creation from religion has absolutely every answers, except for "God created it"

God did it is perfect answer. God is Miracle. It is like water is wet. Sky is blue. God does miracles.

I'm very frustrated that they would let you graduate with such fundamental gaps in your understanding. Shame on them.

The explanation is simple: I became a Christian after graduation.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God did it is perfect answer. God is Miracle. It is like water is wet. Sky is blue. God does miracles.

The explanation is simple: I became a Christian after graduation.
To you, and other believers in God, yes God created it, that is our belief but an atheist would say, science dont find God, no proof of Gods existence. That is an atheists "belief "

You can not deside what others should believe or not believe because you your self are holy convinced God exists.
Not everyone believe as you do.