• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF's Favorite Bands: Nominations

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
I'm surprised some of mine haven't been mentioned yet:

Counting Crows-- (Murder of One) They were my first love.
Cranberries-- (Ode to My Family) Her voice is beautiful and the lyrics are meaningful. It was hard to choose just one song, because the music is pretty diverse.
The Shins-- (Young Pilgrims) This group epitomizes the Indie music I love; everything they do seems so fresh.
Bob Marley-- (No Woman No Cry) Powerful words to a laid back beat. Marley makes me feel complete. What's not to love?
Regina Spektor-- (That Time) Her music is some of the most original I've heard. That's not the best recording, but her edgier stuff is harder to find. Try "Fidelity" or "Samson" if you want a better recording.

Circle_One

Alright, I'm at work, so I can't youtube vids for you guys, since Youtube is restricted, but if someone wanted to be kind, they could do it for me.

Anyway, here goes.

The Germs
Social Distortion
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
The Stray Cats! (badum dum-ching!)

tomspug

Absorbant
I know not everyone on the forum has replied (there certainly are a lot of you), but it looks like we have a fair collection. I'm going to start creating a list and the beginning of next month we'll start the first voting. It'll probably be a weekly or bi-weekly thing. I'll try to put together some highlights of the nominees so that everyone can get to know each of them a little better before they vote! Hope you're all enjoying this so far!

(By the way, I'm REALLY surprised certain bands have yet to be mentioned, but just for fun, I won't tell you who they are! Mwahahaha!)

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Meteors:Rockabilly Psychosis
Greenday:good riddance time of your life or when September ends
Oasis:Supersonic
U2: Bad
Joy Division: Shadowplay

Well worth a listen is Greenday and U2 playing The Saints are comming.
Its really hard to choose just 5

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Alright, I'm at work, so I can't youtube vids for you guys, since Youtube is restricted, but if someone wanted to be kind, they could do it for me.

Anyway, here goes.

The Germs
Social Distortion
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan

Rock this town by the stray cats is a good track and Johnny Cash San Quentin and a boy named Sue was Pukka

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Well, tomspug, I know I wanted to mention a lot more bands but the limit was 5...it was hard to choose. That's probably why a lot of good ones aren't on here. But limiting it to 5 is good...otherwise, the list you would have to compile would be humongous. :p

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
TV on the radio.

Indie at its best. their album 'Dear science' was declared album of the year (2008) by Rolling Stone magazine.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

Anyway, here goes.

The Germs
Social Distortion
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Well, since you haven't posted YouTube links yet I think I'll choose the best songs on YouTube from your list (tell me if these are what you had in mind):
The Germs- Circle One
Social D'- Mommy's Little Monster
Johnny Cash- Ring of Fire
Bob Dylan- Subterranean Homesick Blues
The Stray Cats- Storm the Embassy

Those are all obvious song choices for the artists, except maybe for the Stray Cats. I just think Storm' is one of their best songs.

So there. Deal with it C1. :p