• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restatement on decriminalizing marijuana

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
If you want to work at Google, don't take marijuana. If you want your mind to have the greatest versatility possible, don't take marijuana. If you don't want blood on your hands, don't take marijuana. If you are in extreme pain, consider your options at least...

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Me getting Fs in many math classes one semester and As in almost all the others is nothing to statistically scoff at, and just because we've lost the fight on tobacco and alcohol doesn't mean we have to give up here. Many people have died to fight marijuana spreading!
Well it kind of is.
A couple of puffs just doesn't logically have that much affect. It is expelled from the body afterwards it's not like it sits inside you like some parasite. For a one off it might take a week for the THC to completely leave your body. So maybe one F would be reasonable to place the blame on pot, but the rest is your problem. Instead of blaming marijuana like a child, perhaps try better in your classes. Some tutor sessions, extra study and asking your professor/teacher for help. Or stop chronic smoking, whichever it is.

And who the hell have died campaigning to criminalise or receiminalise marijuana?
Did they tick off drug lords or something?

Last edited:

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I took two puffs of a joint. Then I got straight Fs (and one A in a 0.5 credit tennis course) the next Semester. Many of the classes were math. Clearly a very bad drug for those who need judgment and critical thinking. Not trolling! Normally got As in math while I was an undergrad just not that semester I puffed.
I don't think you having two puffs and failing the next semester are related in anyway whatsoever.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You guys don't get it. This is clearly because of the pot!
How is that clear?
I know lots of people who excell in school, including maths, who have smoked a lot more than 2 puffs.

Yes, your anecdote can be dismissed, statistically. With a good deal of friendly derision and sarcasm. Along with your opinions about pot legalization.:D
Tom

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Well,

many people used bongs in front of me at that time.

When I was in the Utah State Hospital they said that weed from China sticks in your system for 20 years after minimal use and really affects judgment.

Are you calling the United States government a liar?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Well,

many people used bongs in front of me at that time.

When I was in the Utah State Hospital they said that weed from China sticks in your system for 20 years after minimal use and really affects judgment.

Are you calling the United States government a liar?
Yes, yes I am. The most I could find about your so called "20 years in the system" claim was that China has developed into a trade super power with weed cultivated with techniques as old as thousands of years. While the strains are more potent, I highly doubt your claim. Because no where did I find any proof or confirmation about this so called lengthy period of time. I suspect they were just trying to scare you.
Hell the first thing that came up was an article about FAKE Weed turning users into "zombies." So lol.
How about accepting some responsibility?
Interestingly enough this came up within the first 5 results.
20 Medical Benefits of Marijuana You Probably Never Knew
(If that article is true, then we need to be putting this into medical trials ASAP. If we can isolate beneficial things from opiates and even steroids, then why not mess with weed chemically, for medicine.)

People have been smoking for literally thousands of years, including scientists. If your claim were to have any truth to it, society would have come to a standstill at least a hundred years ago when recreational growing became a thing in the West.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
There are no recorded deaths from overdosing on cannabis...ever. It is one of the most harmless drugs in existence and its medicinal qualities have been recognized for thousands of years...why do you think that it was demonized right when pharmaceutical companies were starting up their drug dynasty?
indifferent0025.gif

Cannabis could probably replace 75% of pharma drugs with no side effects....and its cheap to produce. If it was legal, it would stop a lot of drug lords (including big pharma) from making huge profits. No one ever seems to have trouble accessing it, despite the fact that its illegal. People being jailed for possessing a harmless plant that causes way less problems socially than alcohol or tobacco is ridiculous.

I have lost relatives to alcohol abuse and smoking....both perfectly legal. Time to get real on this issue.

Cannabis is medicine.....and should be used as such....legally. Who is stopping it and why...? These questions have been answered and the answer is disgusting.
mad0210.gif
Actually there are recorded deaths of people taking their lives due to marijuana usage. Yes, it was an indirect death, but just as dead. NHS probe over 'skunk death' of peer's son
And to say it is harmless is a lie. Read this, Most UK cannabis 'super strength skunk'
Marijuana can and does produce psychosis and brain damage. That is far from “harmless”. A single bad dose can cause permanent psychosis requiring lifetime commitment to a psychiatric institution.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Actually there are recorded deaths of people taking their lives due to marijuana usage. Yes, it was an indirect death, but just as dead. NHS probe over 'skunk death' of peer's son
And to say it is harmless is a lie. Read this, Most UK cannabis 'super strength skunk'
Marijuana can and does produce psychosis and brain damage. That is far from “harmless”. A single bad dose can cause permanent psychosis requiring lifetime commitment to a psychiatric institution.
To be fair, Opium can be highly addictive and result in some particularly nasty side affects. But no one asks for morphine to be banned.
Opium - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

Also, ironically enough, on your second linked article, there's a mother fighting the courts for her son (aged 6) to take medical marijuana as it seems to, I assume given the context, quell his up to 30 violent seizes a day condition.
Although the issue with skunk particularly seems more with the raising potency, not so much the drug itself. Which is logically a bad idea no matter what drug it is. As even the man interviewed in the first article you linked to seems to voice.

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Oh dear....can we put things into perspective here....? Please compare that little bit of news to the death rate among those who abuse prescription drugs? Do you realise that prescription drugs kill more people each year than all illicit drugs combined? Balance that out eh?

Out of all the drugs we could take as medicine, cannabis is by far the least harmful. Any drug can be abused in the wrong hands and used for the wrong reasons. No one is asking for a recreational use to be approved, though it is certainly no worse than alcohol, in its effect, is it? Just look at what happens on the streets of any large city on a weekend and you will find alcohol is by far the drug of choice. And when people choose to combine it with illicit drugs, that is where your problem is.

Alcohol and tobacco, are both perfectly legal, but kill more people annually than cannabis ever could...and you speak of one strain that might causes psychosis....really? "Reefer madness" was a lie. Please do some research on its medicinal benefits. That is what needs to be emphasised.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Aside from my accounts being first hand, all the information is there for you to make your decision.

The Utah State Hospital said some weed can screw you up for 20 years.
I took two puffs of a joint and was around bongs and my math grades were Fs while normally As.
They really do smoke at 4:20 while Hitler's birthday was 4-20.
You really do have blood on your hands if you smoke.

There are benefits to every drug, but marijuana is illegal for a reason.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Aside from my accounts being first hand, all the information is there for you to make your decision.

I took two puffs of a joint and was around bongs and my math grades were Fs while normally As.

So Here's the Real Reason We Associate 420 With Weed

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Actually there are recorded deaths of people taking their lives due to marijuana usage. Yes, it was an indirect death, but just as dead.

One of the biggest advantages to legalization is regulations on product.

You can't regulate what is available only on the black market. You can if it's legal.
Tom

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
One of the biggest advantages to legalization is regulations on product.

You can't regulate what is available only on the black market. You can if it's legal.
Tom
Just because alcohol and tobacco are legal doesn't mean we have to lose this battle with weed.

Some advantages of keeping it illegal are that it might make fewer smokers, people are warned because it's illegal, and they'll just keep pushing for it to be portrayed as more and more harmless of a drug. I could probably think of some more reasons.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Thank you Shaul,

You are the only one apparently with me (these other users might smoke I don't know), but your post seems quite strong.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Well then post it, so we may debate properly.

Prove it.

What's with the pulling of Godwin's Law?
Also I don't know if Hitler would have approved of marijuana, he seemed more tolerant of stimulants. So is your anti weed position now wrong because it somehow involves Hitler? See how ridiculous that sounds?!!

How exactly?

And what reason would that be pray tell?

Some advantages of keeping it illegal are that it might make fewer smokers
Uh, prohibition usually creates MORE users not less.

people are warned because it's illegal
BAAHAHAHAHA Tell that to all the people who still consumed alcohol after it was made illegal.

and they'll just keep pushing for it to be portrayed as more and more harmless of a drug
Well excuse some people for looking at something rationally instead of just believing Government propaganda about a drug without question. "Just cuz" is not good enough.

Thank you Shaul,

You are the only one apparently with me (these other users might smoke I don't know), but your post seems quite strong.

Really? I saw it as fallacious, misleading, misinformed and an all around sloppy post. Also I don't smoke, my vice is alcohol.