• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restatement on decriminalizing marijuana

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Well then post it, so we may debate properly.

Like I said the best you can get is a first hand account by me. I can't prove what I heard in the state hospital... again it is a first hand account.

You have blood on your hands if you smoke weed because people have died fighting the spreading of it.

See Shaul's post for why it is illegal. I will write on my phone to look at Shauls' post in detail later, and we will see whether it was good posting.

If prohibition creates more users, that is a benefit to legalization, but you don't know that. You said, "usually."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said the best you can get is a first hand account by me. I can't prove what I heard in the state hospital... again it is a first hand account.

You have blood on your hands if you smoke weed because people have died fighting the spreading of it.

See Shaul's post for why it is illegal. I will write on my phone to look at Shauls' post in detail later, and we will see whether it was good posting.

If prohibition creates more users, that is a benefit to legalization, but you don't know that. You said, "usually."
If your so called evidence amounts to little more than "well he said this to me" then I can dismiss it as unreliable.
Come back when you have actual evidence so we may debate properly.

And who are these people who have died? What are the circumstances?

Well maybe because of the absolute killing prohibition era gangsters made selling alcohol. Both figuratively and metaphorically. The people who received tainted alcohol done by the government in order to quell the demand, which killed more people than if they just let people drink, ironically enough.
The war on drugs is impractical, needlessly and wastefullly expensive and arguable kills more lives than drugs.
The billions of dollars made on illegal drugs today sort of proves that the demand never really goes away. The figures of people willing to get high regardless of the law don't seem to suggest that much of a drop when the law comes into play. I'm for a more pragmatic solution. Rehab, education and training for users to try to live normal lives.
Sort of like how (at least around here) the hospitals hand out free clean needles in the hopes of at least minimising the spread of HIV through shared needle use among addicts. Sometimes you have to take a road that is merely the lesser of two evils. I see rehabilitation through medical attention a much better alternative than wasting taxpayers dollars to incarcerate addicts.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
If your so called evidence amounts to little more than "well he said this to me" then I can dismiss it as unreliable.
Come back when you have actual evidence so we may debate properly.

And who are these people who have died? What are the circumstances?

Well maybe because of the absolute killing prohibition era gangsters made selling alcohol. Both figuratively and metaphorically. The people who received tainted alcohol done by the government in order to quell the demand, which killed more people than if they just let people drink, ironically enough.
The war on drugs is impractical, needlessly and wastefullly expensive and arguable kills more lives than drugs.
The billions of dollars made on illegal drugs today sort of proves that the demand never really goes away. The figures of people willing to get high regardless of the law don't seem to suggest that much of a drop when the law comes into play. I'm for a more pragmatic solution. Rehab, education and training for users to try to live normal lives.
Sort of like how (at least around here) the hospitals hand out free clean needles in the hopes of at least minimising the spread of HIV through shared needle use among addicts. Sometimes you have to take a road that is merely the lesser of two evils. I see rehabilitation through medical attention a much better alternative than wasting taxpayers dollars to incarcerate addicts.
Thank you for your comment. I still don't want to legalize recreational drugs.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for your comment. I still don't want to legalize recreational drugs.
That's fine. But got any legitimate rebuttals or you know evidence to back up your claims?
I'm still waiting for information on these deaths as a result of keeping marijuana illegal?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Actually there are recorded deaths of people taking their lives due to marijuana usage. Yes, it was an indirect death, but just as dead. NHS probe over 'skunk death' of peer's son
And to say it is harmless is a lie. Read this, Most UK cannabis 'super strength skunk'
Marijuana can and does produce psychosis and brain damage. That is far from “harmless”. A single bad dose can cause permanent psychosis requiring lifetime commitment to a psychiatric institution.
Good post Shaul. Good post.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
That's fine. But got any legitimate rebuttals or you know evidence to back up your claims?
I'm still waiting for information on these deaths as a result of keeping marijuana illegal?
I'm almost out of rebuttals but still think they're good.

My last rebuttal is that I met a man who was old and had a hard time typing who wanted me to petition the government to legalize drugs. He knew a lot of things like that cocaine repairs hearing. It seemed he knew how to get the government to do this and said I'd be a hero. It made sense to me to legalize them. I heard a still small voice say "No" as in don't do it so I turned him down. Since that time I have heard many voices in my head!

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm almost out of rebuttals but still think they're good.

My last rebuttal is that I met a man who was old and had a hard time typing who wanted me to petition the government to legalize drugs. He knew a lot of things like that cocaine repairs hearing. It seemed he knew how to get the government to do this and said I'd be a hero. It made sense to me to legalize them. I heard a still small voice say "No" as in don't do it so I turned him down. Since that time I have heard many voices in my head!
Keep it illegal because............schizophrenia? That's not a rebuttal, that's a parody. A Poe post, if you will. Are you trolling me good sir? Because I have suspected as such from the beginning of your thread, but I am trying desperately to give you the benefit of the doubt. So please. Try again.
And I'm still waiting on the information of the so called blood potheads have on their hands. Seems a straight up lie to me if you can't be bothered to back up the claim.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Here are three reasons why medical cannabis should be legalized.

1. The Benefits Far Outweigh the Risks
Peer-reviewed, evidence-based studies have proven that cannabis can be beneficial to patients suffering from illnesses such as AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and many other serious, debilitating, or terminal conditions. The properties in marijuana can greatly relieve chronic pain associated with these illnesses. Additionally, many patients have tried the typically prescribed drugs during their suffering and have found little to no positive results. For some, medical marijuana is the only substance that can lift their suffering so they can lead manageable, happier, and more fulfilling lives.

2. It's Safer than Pharmaceuticals
Cannabis is natural, while pharmaceuticals are filled with a wide variety of chemicals that most people cannot even pronounce let alone fully understand. These chemicals can lead to myriad side effects for the patients who use them. Pain killers can be severely addictive and ruin patients' lives, while other mainstream drugs can cause gastrointestinal issues, allergic reactions, blindness, internal bleeding, organ failure, and even death from complications or overdose. Many patients simply cannot handle the daily and long-term side effects of prescription drugs. With medical cannabis, patients can reap the benefits of managing their symptoms without having to worry about addiction, overdose or, serious side effects that aren't worth the risk of pharmaceutical drugs.

2. Legalization Means Government Control
If the first two reasons why medical cannabis should be legalized don't sway government officials or other people who are strictly against it, then understanding how legalization can help societies as a whole might be a more effective argument. If medical marijuana were legalized, governments would be able to ensure that patients are receiving safe, high-quality cannabis and would not have to risk the potential dangers of finding it on the street. Additionally, they could properly control doses, track its use on a large scale, and place taxes on its sale in order to increase government profits. Legalization would also ease the restrictions on research so that more scientific studies on the subject would be allowed to be conducted, leading to better understanding of its long-term health benefits and limitations as a medical prescription.

The Choice Should be Yours
Marijuana has medicinal properties that greatly relieve many patients' pain and suffering related to serious and terminal illnesses. For some, medical cannabis is the only drug that works. It's safe and natural, and doesn't create dependence or nasty side effects. From a governmental standpoint, legalization would create strict control over the sale, tax, and doses of medical marijuana, which benefits everyone. Regardless, the choice of using or prescribing medical cannabis should rest with the medical community and its patients, not the governments.

3 Reasons Why Medical Cannabis Should Be Legalized

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Keep it illegal because............schizophrenia? That's not a rebuttal, that's a parody. A Poe post, if you will. Are you trolling me good sir? Because I have suspected as such from the beginning of your thread, but I am trying desperately to give you the benefit of the doubt. So please. Try again.
And I'm still waiting on the information of the so called blood potheads have on their hands. Seems a straight up lie to me if you can't be bothered to back up the claim.
That Schizophrenia predicted the way the stock market or a stock would go 90% of the time for a year. And no I am not trolling.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Here are three reasons why medical cannabis should be legalized.

1. The Benefits Far Outweigh the Risks
Peer-reviewed, evidence-based studies have proven that cannabis can be beneficial to patients suffering from illnesses such as AIDS, cancer, glaucoma, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and many other serious, debilitating, or terminal conditions. The properties in marijuana can greatly relieve chronic pain associated with these illnesses. Additionally, many patients have tried the typically prescribed drugs during their suffering and have found little to no positive results. For some, medical marijuana is the only substance that can lift their suffering so they can lead manageable, happier, and more fulfilling lives.

2. It's Safer than Pharmaceuticals
Cannabis is natural, while pharmaceuticals are filled with a wide variety of chemicals that most people cannot even pronounce let alone fully understand. These chemicals can lead to myriad side effects for the patients who use them. Pain killers can be severely addictive and ruin patients' lives, while other mainstream drugs can cause gastrointestinal issues, allergic reactions, blindness, internal bleeding, organ failure, and even death from complications or overdose. Many patients simply cannot handle the daily and long-term side effects of prescription drugs. With medical cannabis, patients can reap the benefits of managing their symptoms without having to worry about addiction, overdose or, serious side effects that aren't worth the risk of pharmaceutical drugs.

2. Legalization Means Government Control
If the first two reasons why medical cannabis should be legalized don't sway government officials or other people who are strictly against it, then understanding how legalization can help societies as a whole might be a more effective argument. If medical marijuana were legalized, governments would be able to ensure that patients are receiving safe, high-quality cannabis and would not have to risk the potential dangers of finding it on the street. Additionally, they could properly control doses, track its use on a large scale, and place taxes on its sale in order to increase government profits. Legalization would also ease the restrictions on research so that more scientific studies on the subject would be allowed to be conducted, leading to better understanding of its long-term health benefits and limitations as a medical prescription.

The Choice Should be Yours
Marijuana has medicinal properties that greatly relieve many patients' pain and suffering related to serious and terminal illnesses. For some, medical cannabis is the only drug that works. It's safe and natural, and doesn't create dependence or nasty side effects. From a governmental standpoint, legalization would create strict control over the sale, tax, and doses of medical marijuana, which benefits everyone. Regardless, the choice of using or prescribing medical cannabis should rest with the medical community and its patients, not the governments.

3 Reasons Why Medical Cannabis Should Be Legalized

1. OK just give it to people with AIDS, etc...
2. People will still buy high-potency marijuana, and then there will be more low-quality use.

The Choice Should be Yours: So you just pulled it out of your hat that the government shouldn't have a say.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That Schizophrenia predicted the way the stock market or a stock would go 90% of the time for a year. And no I am not trolling.
So it's an idiot savant with a healthy lucky streak. So what? That's still not legitimate evidence for your position. It's not even logical. Try again.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
1. OK just give it to people with AIDS, etc...
2. People will still buy high-potency marijuana, and then there will be more low-quality use.

Are you serious?
confused0007.gif
It can be used for a multitude of illnesses because we have receptors all over our bodies that are designed to take it up and cure what's wrong with us. You want to keep that medicine out of the hands of suffering people because some idiots abuse drugs? More people die from legal drugs than all the illegal drugs put together. What about them?

You really need to educate yourself.
happy0062.gif

The Choice Should be Yours: So you just pulled it out of your hat that the government shouldn't have a say.

I quoted from a link that was posted.....it wasn't my hat. OK?

But yes, it should be our decision to be able to access a medicine that has been shown to relieve the suffering of hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. The government has no right to withhold it otherwise they should do the same for all legal drugs that harm people. Alcohol and tobacco for starters.
Ever read the side effects listed in the box of pills? The drugs have a worse effect on the body than the disease it is supposed to treat. :rolleyes:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
OK... my prophet says people should be able to take any drug they want.

But I still don't see why most of you want it completely legalized.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
OK... my prophet says people should be able to take any drug they want.

But I still don't see why most of you want it completely legalized.
Because we're pragmatic instead of following an outdated law that seems to serve no real logical purpose other than making criminals out of addicts?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Because we're pragmatic instead of following an outdated law that seems to serve no real logical purpose other than making criminals out of addicts?
Skunk is very bad. It's probably what I had. If it were legal can you say then I wouldn't have it?

Please compare and contrast legal vs. illegal honestly and for real.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Skunk is very bad. It's probably what I had. If it were legal can you say then I wouldn't have it?

Please compare and contrast legal vs. illegal honestly and for real.
Skunk is what happens when there is very little control or regulation over drugs. That often happens with illegal drugs because no drug user can really take a dealer to court for false advertising or failing to uphold the standards of a product being sold. They get arrested for admitting to buying an illegal product. You see it happen all the time. Dealers chopping or otherwise poisoning drugs because they can.

If it were legal then actions can be taken to ensure skunk is not being sold anymore as the sellers can actually be taken to task for being a health risk to the public. Ironically enough selling an illegal product actually protects them as no one can really come forward and demand change from them without themselves getting into trouble.

Perhaps you should compare and contrast legal vs illegal honestly and for real.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Skunk is what happens when there is very little control or regulation over drugs. That often happens with illegal drugs because no drug user can really take a dealer to court for false advertising or failing to uphold the standards of a product being sold. They get arrested for admitting to buying an illegal product. You see it happen all the time. Dealers chopping or otherwise poisoning drugs because they can.

If it were legal then actions can be taken to ensure skunk is not being sold anymore as the sellers can actually be taken to task for being a health risk to the public. Ironically enough selling an illegal product actually protects them as no one can really come forward and demand change from them without themselves getting into trouble.

Perhaps you should compare and contrast legal vs illegal honestly and for real.
I don't understand. If we can't regulate skunk when it's illegal, how can we do it when it's legal? And no, I'm not trolling.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand. If we can't regulate skunk when it's illegal, how can we do it when it's legal? And no, I'm not trolling.
If it's illegal no customer has any real recourse to challenge a faulty product properly. I mean it's not like you can go to the cops and tell them your dealer sold you a really funky illegal drug. I mean you could, but all that would happen is you'd be thrown in jail.
If it's legal a customer can very easily go to the local authority and say, hey this strain or drug or whatever is particularly potent and probably very dangerous. Said authority can then very easily take the drug off the market and even reprimand the seller.
Pretty straightforward imo.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
If it's illegal no customer has any real recourse to challenge a faulty product properly. I mean it's not like you can go to the cops and tell them your dealer sold you a really funky illegal drug. I mean you could, but all that would happen is you'd be thrown in jail.
If it's legal a customer can very easily go to the local authority and say, hey this strain or drug or whatever is particularly potent and probably very dangerous. Said authority can then very easily take the drug off the market and even reprimand the seller.
Pretty straightforward imo.
Let's see how this works with cigarettes, which are legal.

Cigarettes contain obscene amounts of nicotine to addict the first time user and I have never met a smoker who didn't say they wanted to quit. There are also very many bad ingredients. Despite taxing the cigarette company, the extra hospital visit make it a drain on the economy. They can do this because they are dicks.

Even e-cigarettes have very many bad ingredients that are not even necessary. Again, it is because they are dicks.

So how can you say you'll get rid of skunk if you legalized weed.