• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restatement on decriminalizing marijuana

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Because you said...

First you said "they said", without specifying who "they" is. Then you said the "Hospital said", in an attempt to give the comment more credence. You even suggested it came from the Government when you said "Would the Government lie?"

I guess what you meant was that someone told you this bit of BS and you believed it. Was it someone with a mop and a pail?

I didn't say googling the State Hospital and weed would turn up results.

I was not so mentally impaired that I couldn't remember. Here's a lesson for you about schizophrenia; it's not so much that you don't see reality fine; you just misinterpret your perception.

Quit belittling this information. It really happened, OK?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
By the way, that makes one long Surgeon General's Warning!
For what? And how? "Taking this drug may or may not help you sleep?" And, of course, it's a given that some people will be allergic to a drug. I think you're trying to read more into that than what I intended.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not with two puffs on cannabis. That's like trying to say you had two sips and beer and got messed up for a semester. Even the concentrated THC liquids and waxes (some of which are over 80 and 90% THC) won't be enough for two puffs to mess you up for that long. THC is slow to metabolize, but it's just not that slow. And even then, much like alcohol, just because you have some in your system doesn't mean you're drunk.
I don't doubt your grades suffered. But I'm pretty sure you're blaming the wrong thing. For it to be weed, you'd have to be worse than Afroman at meaning to do something but not because you got really high.

ecco

Veteran Member
You got yourself into this when you stated that a Government Agency, the State Hospital of Utah, told you that smoking two puffs off a joint mentally incapacitated you for fifteen weeks.

Something you have been unable to verify.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
For what? And how? "Taking this drug may or may not help you sleep?" And, of course, it's a given that some people will be allergic to a drug. I think you're trying to read more into that than what I intended.
Well is Skunk bad or not?
Not with two puffs on cannabis. That's like trying to say you had two sips and beer and got messed up for a semester. Even the concentrated THC liquids and waxes (some of which are over 80 and 90% THC) won't be enough for two puffs to mess you up for that long. THC is slow to metabolize, but it's just not that slow. And even then, much like alcohol, just because you have some in your system doesn't mean you're drunk.
I don't doubt your grades suffered. But I'm pretty sure you're blaming the wrong thing. For it to be weed, you'd have to be worse than Afroman at meaning to do something but not because you got really high.
OK. We can always say it could have been a statistical anomaly; quite an enormous one!
You got yourself into this when you stated that a Government Agency, the State Hospital of Utah, told you that smoking two puffs off a joint mentally incapacitated you for fifteen weeks.

Something you have been unable to verify.
I never said I could verify it. It was meant to be believed.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Met a new friend today named "Arie." She was a recovering addict, having done everything but heroine and meth. She said she believed my "Fs" story and my hospital claim. She said she smoked resin and the doctor said it was still in here system after 3 weeks or 3 months, I forget which.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So unquestioned propaganda? Listen and believe is not evidence. It lacks critical thinking and most likely engages in at least one logical fallacy lol.
Of course I can't prove it, but you guys do realize that I completely believe my "Fs" and "20 years" claims, right? In the post just above yours, I talked about how I met a friend today who was a recovering addict and she totally believed these claims.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
By the way, something I should have mentioned a long time ago: Raelians can get high without drugs simply through meditation, making drugs completely unnecessary. I forgot because I haven't done it in a while, and there are no negative side effects known.

ecco

Veteran Member
Met a new friend today named "Arie." She was a recovering addict, having done everything but heroine and meth. She said she believed my "Fs" story and my hospital claim. She said she smoked resin and the doctor said it was still in here system after 3 weeks or 3 months, I forget which.
Yeah, apparently you are still under the influence of those two puffs. Someone told you something today and you can't remember if she said 3 weeks or 3 months.

Sad.

ecco

Veteran Member
By the way, something I should have mentioned a long time ago: Raelians can get high without drugs simply through meditation, making drugs completely unnecessary. I forgot because I haven't done it in a while, and there are no negative side effects known.
Oh, you are a Raelian. I didn't know that when I said I doubted your two puffs / twenty years story.

Don't you know once a Raelin takes even just one puff, he stays high forever. I thought everyone, especially a Raelian, knew that.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course I can't prove it, but you guys do realize that I completely believe my "Fs" and "20 years" claims, right? In the post just above yours, I talked about how I met a friend today who was a recovering addict and she totally believed these claims.
Doesn't matter. If you want to debate, basic etiquette demands verifiable evidence. And one rando believing you is not proof of anything except people are gullible. Try better.

Milton Platt

OK. Marijuana is a bad drug. It screws with judgement and critical thinking. It stunts mental growth and we now know the brain can grow plenty at any age.

Smokers even set aside 4:20 pm to smoke. Adolf Hitler was born on April 20.

While prohibition may not work, at least it warns smart people that the drug may be bad if it is illegal.

You may want to redirect drug war funds elsewhere. If we did this with the military in the U.S., we would have plenty of money for education and things like that. The US is rich in reserves and finances.

Well, we are running record deficits, so..........

I don't need something to be illegal to know it is bad for me. Tobacco is legal....it's bad for you. Alcohol is legal....it's bad for you. I cringe at the thought that we would have to put people in prison just to let other people know something is bad for them.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Look. Drugs are really bad for you, no matter how much drug dealers want to convince us otherwise. They teach it in first grade, so there's your reference. That recovering addict I just mentioned told me so. We can get high on Raelian Sensual Meditation with no harmful side effects. I was even convinced they were good when I took them, but they are not. I know this and I don't know how many of you know it, but if you know they are bad please don't take them! We need more minds out there- we live in amazing times where the human race has never done so much but there's so much more that goes undone!

Milton Platt

Look. Drugs are really bad for you, no matter how much drug dealers want to convince us otherwise. They teach it in first grade, so there's your reference. That recovering addict I just mentioned told me so. We can get high on Raelian Sensual Meditation with no harmful side effects. I was even convinced they were good when I took them, but they are not. I know this and I don't know how many of you know it, but if you know they are bad please don't take them! We need more minds out there- we live in amazing times where the human race has never done so much but there's so much more that goes undone!

These guys are who you want others to emulate? Are you kidding?
https://io9.gizmodo.com/5860418/mee...strangest--and-nicest--ufo-sex-clone-religion

ecco

Veteran Member
Well, we are running record deficits, so..........

I don't need something to be illegal to know it is bad for me. Tobacco is legal....it's bad for you. Alcohol is legal....it's bad for you. I cringe at the thought that we would have to put people in prison just to let other people know something is bad for them.
We don't put people in prison to let them know something is bad for them. From time to time do-gooders decide that something is so bad for people they make it illegal. Then a lot of people go to jail because they don't think the Government should have to right to ban things just because they make you feel good.

Milton Platt

We don't put people in prison to let them know something is bad for them. From time to time do-gooders decide that something is so bad for people they make it illegal. Then a lot of people go to jail because they don't think the Government should have to right to ban things just because they make you feel good.

If you read the post from robocop I was responding to you will see that he implied that it is a good thing to make something illegal so that a person knows it would be bad for them. I was pointing out that 1) you can know something is bad for you without it being made illegal and 2) people would be going to jail in the mean time so that you would know it was bad for you. Because some people are bound to do the illegal thing that was made illegal so you would know it was bad for you. In other words, that is not a good reason to enact a law, and it has negative consequences for other people.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I didn't look at your link. I have never had sex, I've seen a dozen UFOs, and as for clones I believe in giving my forehead bone up at death so the movement can clone me when and how they want. I not only serve the Elohim in life but also in death.

It costs the nation heavily just the price of all that weed from other countries! It's not a victimless thing.

Milton Platt

I didn't look at your link. I have never had sex, I've seen a dozen UFOs, and as for clones I believe in giving my forehead bone up at death so the movement can clone me when and how they want. I not only serve the Elohim in life but also in death.

It costs the nation heavily just the price of all that weed from other countries! It's not a victimless thing.

UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. In other words something you perceived to be flying and you DO NOT know what it was. If you are going to tell me you identified what you saw, then they are no longer UFO's. Evidence??????????????????????
You can do whatever you like with your bones. It's a free country. DNA doesn't have to come from your forehead, so I don't know what that's about.
Weed comes from other countries because it is illegal to grow it here. That is changing slowly. What about all the other stuff we import? Should we import nothing? That is a silly argument for passing laws that put people behind bars.
If you want to know how prohibition works, just look to the prohibition of alcohol. It does not work.
Your "movement" isn't special. It's just another in a long line of crackpot religions.

I didn't ask you about your sex life, so..........

Last edited: