• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republicans Ryan and McConnell back Russia vote hack probe

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Trump absolutely need to be elected president on January 20th, regardless of the evidence of Russian hacking.

Even if it did influence the election, there would need to be direct evidence that the trump campaign, perhaps Trump himself, colluded with Russia.

Failure of the electoral college to do anything less undermines our system of government. Hacking or no, Wikileaks or no, Trump is the president until he does something impeachable, and there's a good chance that will not happen either.

Let's focus our political capital on opposing positions that we disagree with and let the investigation take its course without trying to mess with the electoral college.

esmith

Veteran Member
I bet Trump supporters have been welcoming russia hacking America for months.
No, but I have been laughing my arse off over the Dem's apoplectic response to the results of the election. Let's see who they have been blaming
It was FBI Director Comey's fault
It was fakes new's fault
It was the Russians fault

How about it was Hillary's fault......

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The sentence that came right after that one, haha.
Oops. :confused:

The potential civil unrest and anger of voters who feel a corrupt establishment has prevented the people's will. (Yes yes I know about the popular vote, I'm just saying how it might be perceived and the potential consequence of that)
Oh sure, I can see it. In my opinion, however, the integrity of the election is more important. In a contest, if someone cheats (not saying anyone did in this case), they get the DQ.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Failure of the electoral college to do anything less undermines our system of government. Hacking or no, Wikileaks or no, Trump is the president until he does something impeachable, and there's a good chance that will not happen either.
Now wait a minute. I am going to play devils advocate. IF Trump had anything to do with the hacking (not saying he does), that also undermines our system of government. Doesn't it?

Quetzal

Premium Member
How about it was Hillary's fault......
I agree. If we look at this election for what it is and the results are honest (which they are until they are proven otherwise), I will let one of my favorite actors say what we (the left) should be saying:
GPSdoBP.png

Of course, I am still welcoming of the investigation for what it is worth.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Now wait a minute. I am going to play devils advocate. IF Trump had anything to do with the hacking (not saying he does), that also undermines our system of government. Doesn't it?

Oh yes! Definitely!

But it's all about evidence. If they find direct evidence liking Trump to Russian hacking that's a different story. I suspect they will not.

Speculating about it at this point just isn't productive, neither is lobbying for electoral votes, IMHO.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it needs to happen. This needs to be addressed but what is also important is that the outcome needs to be accepted across both sides of the aisle. Thoughts, ideas, criticisms?

Republicans Ryan and McConnell back Russia vote hack probe - BBC News
It seems reasonable, but I don't think it needs to happen.
We should do what we can to ensure information security.
If it turns out the Ruskies did hack DNC & Hillary info, there's really
nothing about our relationship with Russia which should be affected.
Certainly, ramping up hostilities is a terrible idea.

Old Revoltistanian saying.....
Before plunging a probe into something, ask what use the results will have.

Sultan Of Swing

It seems reasonable, but I don't think it needs to happen.
We should do what we can to ensure information security.
If it turns out the Ruskies did hack DNC & Hillary info, there's really
nothing about our relationship with Russia which should be affected.
Certainly, ramping up hostilities is a terrible idea.

Old Revoltistanian saying.....
Before plunging a probe into something, ask what use the results will have.
We shouldn't ramp up hostilities? What a preposterous idea. No we should follow the advice of this former Tory MP.

0oPiVR7bZ7eYMJ4FYYToVbc3Aua5fMmv7DMeqD1fqOw.png

Sultan Of Swing

Holy cow!
There are some violent crazies out there.
(At least we kept one out of office.)
She's the editor of a 'libertarian conservative' publication in the USA now, Heat Street, dunno if you've heard of it (I haven't).

I'm glad she's not in our Parliament anymore, I don't like thinking about the possibility that there are other MPs like her still there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She's the editor of a 'libertarian conservative' publication in the USA now, Heat Street, dunno if you've heard of it (I haven't).
I'm glad she's not in our Parliament anymore, I don't like thinking about the possibility that there are other MPs like her still there.
I've seen Heat Street.
Very fringe.
So I don't link them here.
Surprising that a "libertarian:" would want to go to war over computer mischief.
Something is amiss.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Sounds like the sort of thing Trump would tweet in the wee hours on a slow news day.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree. If we look at this election for what it is and the results are honest (which they are until they are proven otherwise), I will let one of my favorite actors say what we (the left) should be saying:
GPSdoBP.png

Of course, I am still welcoming of the investigation for what it is worth.
Soundly beaten if you consider a privileged few asshats (whose positions only exist because we used to allow slavery) casting the only votes that truly matter as a sound loss. Carter was soundly beaten by Reagan. Romney was soundly beaten by Obama. Trump's "victory" is a sham. "We the people" did not choose him and will not be electing him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Holy cow!
There are some violent crazies out there.
(At least we kept one out of office.)
If it's proven they interfered with our election, we should see to it that Putin's days are limited. It's hard to imagine any greater insult towards a state and any greater weakness a state can show than to let another state undermine its election process. If he did interfere, I wouldn't put his head on a pike, but I would send him to the grave.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If it's proven they interfered with our election, we should see to it that Putin's days are limited. It's hard to imagine any greater insult towards a state and any greater weakness a state can show than to let another state undermine its election process. If he did interfere, I wouldn't put his head on a pike, but I would send him to the grave.
So you favor having the US assassinate him?
Should US leaders who thwarted elections in other countries all suffer the same punishment?