• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious journey

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Yes you live and grow within that truth. You can spend a lifetime studying and learning. Where did your journey start?

Last edited:

David1967

Premium Member
does the religious journey of a seeker have an end? I think not.

Due to the nature of faith and human limitations regarding God, the afterlife and such, I say no it does not. My beliefs and opinions evolve as I discover new things. I doubt many of us are completely static in our spirituality. IMHO of course.

Reactions: syo

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Due to the nature of faith and human limitations regarding God, the afterlife and such, I say no it does not. My beliefs and opinions evolve as I discover new things. I doubt many of us are completely static in our spirituality. IMHO of course.
New things within your faith? You read a Bible verse, and this time it speaks to you differently, is that what you mean?

David1967

Premium Member
New things within your faith? You read a Bible verse, and this time it speaks to you differently, is that what you mean?

Sometimes. For instance, As I grow older, I see some of them in a different light than I did ,say 30 years ago.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Yes, but also my opinions have changed regarding some other faiths as well.
I recall Dr Adnan Ibrahim lesson about different religions, he said " the great confusion I faced in my life,that everyone convinced/believed that he/she is right and others wrong" !!!

RF gives me the opportunity to know about some religions,even about my religion.

A religious journey is like walking in a circle. The walk never ends but you also never learn about anything new you only gain greater clarity of what is in the circle. I recommend the journey of a scientist always moving forward never knowing where you might end up.

David1967

Premium Member
I recall Dr Adnan Ibrahim lesson about different religions, he said " the great confusion I faced in my life,that everyone convinced/believed that he/she is right and others wrong" !!!

RF gives me the opportunity to know about some religions,even about my religion.

Yes, I agree with DR. Adnan Ibrahim. And RF has been a great opportunity to mingle with others of different faith and practice from myself and learn the what and why of their belief.

ronandcarol

Premium Member
It matters greatly as to what religion you are seeking to grow in. IF you seek ye first the Kingdom of God, your life in Paradise Eternal won't have to wait until you die, it will begin in this broken world we occupy now. Your seeking in the knowledge of our Lord will be fueled by the power of the Holy Spirit, and you will never stop learning. As you pass through the gates into Eternity your sanctification will be complete in the twinkling of an eye. You will then be Holy enough to spend eternity with our creator. And we will seek for a million years to explore the love that He has for us.
ronandcarol

Reactions: syo

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
truth has many faces. besides, it's not enough just reaching the truth. you must also live with the truth.

Truth is whatever we accept as true in the moment.

You're always changing, the universe is always changing, there's always something new to be found. Some new truth to accept.

I suppose at some point I stopped trying to hold onto truths of the past and instead accept the truth of each moment.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How do you define truth and how do you test it?

Truth is whatever we accept as true in the moment.

You're always changing, the universe is always changing, there's always something new to be found. Some new truth to accept.

I suppose at some point I stopped trying to hold onto truths of the past and instead accept the truth of each moment.

And everyone has to find their own truth.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It matters greatly as to what religion you are seeking to grow in. IF you seek ye first the Kingdom of God, your life in Paradise Eternal won't have to wait until you die, it will begin in this broken world we occupy now. Your seeking in the knowledge of our Lord will be fueled by the power of the Holy Spirit, and you will never stop learning. As you pass through the gates into Eternity your sanctification will be complete in the twinkling of an eye. You will then be Holy enough to spend eternity with our creator. And we will seek for a million years to explore the love that He has for us.
ronandcarol

And where did Yeshua tell us the Kingdom of God existed?