• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious journey

arthra

Baha'i
does the religious journey of a seeker have an end? I think not.

Syo,

You may be interested in the Tablet of the True Seeker:

"O My brother! When a true seeker determineth to take the step of search in the path leading unto the knowledge of the Ancient of Days, he must, before all else, cleanse his heart, which is the seat of the revelation of the inner mysteries of God, from the obscuring dust of all acquired knowledge, and the allusions of the embodiments of satanic fancy. He must purge his breast, which is the sanctuary of the abiding love of the Beloved, of every defilement, and sanctify his soul from all that pertaineth to water and clay, from all shadowy and ephemeral attachments. He must so cleanse his heart that no remnant of either love or hate may linger therein, lest that love blindly incline him to error, or that hate repel him away from the truth. Even as thou dost witness in this Day how most of the people, because of such love and hate, are bereft of the immortal Face, have strayed far from the Embodiments of the Divine mysteries, and, shepherdless, are roaming through the wilderness of oblivion and error...."

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 264)

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
In my humble opinion, all Religious journeys should be able to arrive at some foundational truths, and satisfactorily answer the following to give peace of mind:

1 - Concept of God - eg, What is God like, is there more than One? Where is God, how did God come about?
2 - Purpose of life - Why we're here and what must we do to please God?
3 - Journey after death - What happens to the Body and Soul?
4 - Why are there so many faiths/religions, and which ones make sense in light of these questions?

1 & 2 are a absolute must know. They have to be easy to understand and follow.
4 is fairly important, but not necessarily a stumbling block in the spiritual journey. (Some people manage to fuse different concepts together).

There may be other essential questions that need to be answered. Feel free to add/delete or comment.

Reactions: syo

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

I say no. Each stage of life gives us different perspectives of our truths. Our values end to fluctuate when we get older. A healthy teenager would probably not be thinking about his medicaid retirement benefits and living will because his value would be that he can do what he can do because he's young and "has enough time." Someone older would think the opposite. Beliefs change as we get older. Some people believed in god all their childhood but found out in their adulthood the god they believed in then wasn't the personal god they believe in now.

When people say "this is my truth and I will never change on it" I just think, are you going to stay that age, that environment, with your loved ones forever or.

Reactions: syo
In my humble opinion, all Religious journeys should be able to arrive at some foundational truths, and satisfactorily answer the following to give peace of mind:

1 - Concept of God - eg, What is God like, is there more than One? Where is God, how did God come about?
2 - Purpose of life - Why we're here and what must we do to please God?
3 - Journey after death - What happens to the Body and Soul?
4 - Why are there so many faiths/religions, and which ones make sense in light of these questions?

1 & 2 are a absolute must know. They have to be easy to understand and follow.
4 is fairly important, but not necessarily a stumbling block in the spiritual journey. (Some people manage to fuse different concepts together).

There may be other essential questions that need to be answered. Feel free to add/delete or comment.

How can one have these questions satisfactorily explained based on the unverifiable experiences of other humans who lived 2000 years ago and wrote about the experience years after it happened?

Milton Platt

reality inside us and all around us. we don't test reality because reality is all there is.

Not an answer. I did not ask about reality, but okay....how do we determine what is real, then? What is the test we can perform?

RoaringSilence

if he is seeking the infinite then nope. coz the infinite is alive as it evolves to greater infinity by knowing that he is infinitely infinite.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
truth has many faces. besides, it's not enough just reaching the truth. you must also live with the truth.
Truth in the relative sense has infinite faces, but in the absolute sense there is only one true reality. There can be no duality wrt having realized absolute truth, the seeker and sought have become one and the same....life and truth are no longer separate.

Milton Platt

Again, another major component of your truth.

In all fairness let's not confuse "truth" with "fact". Truth is usually relative and subjective.

I'm not. something is either true or it is not. Thinking something is true does not make it true.

Milton Platt

They use to think the sun revolved around the earth. Truth is relative and subjective, facts aren't.

Actually, the fact that they thought it was true that the sun revolved around the earth did not make it true. It was a false belief. The truth of the matter did not change with their belief. As I said, thinking something is true is not the same as it actually being true.