• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion means re-union with God.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
To me, religion means re-union with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning.
@chinu, let me first suggest that "for me, religion is about" might be better than "to me, religion means."

In any event, what, if anything, does the goal/expectation of re-union mean or require on a day-to-day basis?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It is when it has nothing to do with the OP
The OP wasn't soliciting opinion about when a human journey begins.

The entire OP is that statement / definition followed by a request to ask questions about that statement / definition.
That's exactly what I did. I pointed out how I disagreed with the statement and then asked if it could be rephrased.

In fact, my comment was in essence the same as yours. You asked "when were we ever apart from god". In a way I asked the opposite question.

As I see it, you clearly had an agenda to eliminate God from a discussion about relations with God. I see that as intent to derail the thread.

I find that curious, as the entire point of the thread seems to be to discuss that very statement. And I'm doing exactly that.

Because you can do something doesn't necessarily believe you should.

I'll be the judge of what I should and shouldn't do concerning things that I am at liberty to do, thanks.

Also, no one said about not wanting atheists to post in the thread. I'm questioning your contributions here, not your worldview. Stop making this an atheist vs theist thing.

I won't have to make this an atheist vs theist thing if you don't accuse my comments of being "atheist rhetoric".

chinu

chinu
@chinu In any event, what, if anything, does the goal/expectation of re-union mean or require on a day-to-day basis?

Nothing. we all are already practicing this re-legion, by default.

Actually, the desire to merge-back in origin arose right after we emerged, and this desire is buried deep inside every soul/creature/human. Yes, the time will be longer for the one who will indulge in other desires, but, we cannot escape from our final desire, we have to merge back one day, or another.

A Vestigial Mote

To me, religion means re-union with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning. According to this religion we all emerged, and will merge back in God. Our journey began from God and will end back in God. According to this religion rebirth/reborn/migration is involved.

Do you have questions ? I will try to answer and you are welcome to ask.

But, kindly note that following replies will NOT be entertained:
  1. More than one question at a time, so that you could understand without complexity.
  2. Dishonest questions.
  3. Question posted in an abusive language.
  4. Follow-up question to.. question NOT asked by you in the first place.
I do have a question, an honest one: why do you feel that I need your explanations of where I am "from" or where I am "going?" In other words, what do you believe/feel/understand as your motivation for attempting to put this information out there and get people to accept it?

rocala

Actually, the desire to merge-back in origin arose right after we emerged, and this desire is buried deep inside every soul/creature/human. Yes, the time will be longer for the one who will indulge in other desires, but, we cannot escape from our final desire, we have to merge back one day, or another.
Hi @chinu I do relate strongly to your statement. I suspect that this is the permanent state of things, emerging and merging over vast expanses of time.

shivsomashekhar

To me, religion means re-union with from where we all started the journey of life in the beginning. According to this religion we all emerged, and will merge back in God. Our journey began from God and will end back in God. According to this religion rebirth/reborn/migration is involved.

1. More than one question at a time, so that you could understand without complexity.
  2. Dishonest questions.

Please cite the source of this religion, along with an explanation of what makes it bonafide in your mind? I assume this will include a description of this God, its origin, etc., and why other people should be interested in this specific brand of religion among several others.

With due respect, I can make up a brand new religion along the lines of the above in less than 30 mins.

chinu

chinu
I do have a question, an honest one: why do you feel that I need your explanations of where I am "from" or where I am "going?" In other words, what do you believe/feel/understand as your motivation for attempting to put this information out there and get people to accept it?

Kindly note: this question is being answered on the behalf of all.

Once, I was flying to Los-angles (USA) form New Delhi (India) with a very short layover at Dubai (UAE) airport. I was to catch the connecting flight, but, nobody was there on the information desk at Dubai airport to provide the information of departure gate number. Meanwhile, my eyes caught the information running on the screen and I started running towards the gate.

After walking for around 5-minutes, I met a man who was sitting beside me in the previous flight. He was running towards the information-desk, perhaps to get the same information. I decided to help that man because I already knew that there was nobody present on that information-desk at that time.

Now, why I decided to help that man ? Because we were the passengers to one same destination, thank you.

Brian2

Veteran Member

2. Dishonest questions.

Is that a philosophy made up by someone?

rocala

Please do rephrase your statement adding some more details so that I could understand, thank you.
I would suggest, if I accept your hypothesis, that the emerging / merging is not a one off event. The whole matter is, I suspect, cyclical.

chinu

chinu
Please cite the source of this religion, along with an explanation of what makes it bonafide in your mind? I assume this will include a description of this God, its origin, etc., and why other people should be interested in this specific brand of religion among several others.

With due respect, I can make up a brand new religion along the lines of the above in less than 30 mins.
Kindly note that following replies will NOT be entertained:
  2. Dishonest questions.
Hence, I request you to rephrase your question asking just one question at a time, thank you.

chinu

chinu
I would suggest, if I accept your hypothesis, that the emerging / merging is not a one off event. The whole matter is, I suspect, cyclical.
Reason ?
Please provide reason, so that I could try understanding and answering.

Last edited:

A Vestigial Mote

Kindly note: this question is being answered on the behalf of all.

Once, I was flying to Los-angles (USA) form New Delhi (India) with a very short layover at Dubai (UAE) airport. I was to catch the connecting flight, but, nobody was there on the information desk at Dubai airport to provide the information of departure gate number. Meanwhile, my eyes caught the information running on the screen and I started running towards the gate.

After walking for around 5-minutes, I met a man who was sitting beside me in the previous flight. He was running towards the information-desk, perhaps to get the same information. I decided to help that man because I already knew that there was nobody present on that information-desk at that time.

Now, why I decided to help that man ? Because we were the passengers to one same destination, thank you.
In that particular case, don't you have pretty good, solid evidence to provide that man that you have the knowledge you claim to have? That is, that you, yourself, are going to the same place he himself is actively trying to go, and that there you are, walking toward the exact gate you told him you both should be walking toward to get the job done. And, being inside an airport, with security and other people all around, the man can be pretty sure you aren't just lying to him to take him somewhere else, because then he'd just appeal to those around him that you were a crazy person who was trying to do something strange with him, and you would likely be tackled by security and led away. The point being - there are all sorts of indicators in real life that this man can key on to know that what you are telling him is the truth. In the case of your religious beliefs, the indicators you have are not nearly as reliable, and in fact, are based on claims made about a reality that no one actually experiences.

Caliber of evidence is extremely important, and all I can see in your claims and presentations of STORIES when asked for clear-cut answers, is that you don't seem to think that it is important. In fact you seem to flout the idea of good evidence every chance you get.

shivsomashekhar

Kindly note that following replies will NOT be entertained:
  2. Dishonest questions.
Hence, I request you to rephrase your question asking just one question at a time, thank you.

Sure. What is your source?

chinu

chinu
In that particular case, don't you have pretty good, solid evidence to provide that man that you have the knowledge you claim to have? That is, that you, yourself, are going to the same place he himself is actively trying to go, and that there you are, walking toward the exact gate you told him you both should be walking toward to get the job done. And, being inside an airport, with security and other people all around, the man can be pretty sure you aren't just lying to him to take him somewhere else, because then he'd just appeal to those around him that you were a crazy person who was trying to do something strange with him, and you would likely be tackled by security and led away. The point being - there are all sorts of indicators in real life that this man can key on to know that what you are telling him is the truth. In the case of your religious beliefs, the indicators you have are not nearly as reliable, and in fact, are based on claims made about a reality that no one actually experiences.

Caliber of evidence is extremely important, and all I can see in your claims and presentations of STORIES when asked for clear-cut answers, is that you don't seem to think that it is important. In fact you seem to flout the idea of good evidence every chance you get.
You think I don't have answers to your questions. But, I have.
The problem with you is that now you started asking many question at one same time.

Sorry, as I already told in advance -- that will NOT be entertained, thank you.

Last edited: