• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Real Housewives" star has new book that advocates marital rape

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No actually she is right he is an a***h*le

Probably, but apparently that is also her taste/standards in men.

Even if the presumption is correct that this is indeed a pesky case of Stockholm syndrome, I have little patience and sympathy for those who are complicit, aiding and abiding their own apparent victimization.

Kerr

Did anyone else even notice the gender role thing? The rape part was bad enough, but she seems to think there is going to be some mass confusion in bed if her husband changes a babies diaper or helps with the housework.
Its funny how people have different views of what masculinity entails. There was this public figure in my country who once said that a real man knows how to cook and do dishes. And he was a professional boxer.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Thats a good progressive look.

The way I see it, a real man needs to know the same things a real womaneeds to know, which is to take care of himself and on some times of needs to take care of others.

That to me, is a real man and a real woman, and taking care means in all levels. The better you are able to take care of yourself and others in all levels, the more of a real man or real woman you are, on my book.

Kerr

Thats a good progressive look.
He was also, if I remember correctly, about as macho as they come, lol.

The way I see it, a real man needs to know the same things a real womaneeds to know, which is to take care of himself and on some times of needs to take care of others.

That to me, is a real man and a real woman, and taking care means in all levels. The better you are able to take care of yourself and others in all levels, the more of a real man or real woman you are, on my book.
I definately agree. Unfortunately I am rather bad at taking care of myself, so for the sake of not feeling like a I am not a real man I am going to say you are too strict :p.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Time to revive this thread with a news tidbit....
http://news.yahoo.com/brazilians-wo...-171003064.html;_ylt=AwrBEiH5_jZT410A5aTQtDMD
Rio de Janeiro (AFP) - In Brazil, the land of mini bikinis and voluptuous carnival dancers, most people say a woman who shows off her body deserves to be raped, according to a poll that has triggered outrage.
Of the 3,810 respondents of both sexes who responded to the government's Institute of Applied Economic Research (IPEA) survey released this week, about 2,480 -- 65 percent -- justified raping women who wear "clothing that shows off the body."
And 58.5 percent of respondents also agreed that "if women knew how to behave, there would be fewer rapes."

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
....................The excerpt that you read is from her husband Joe. Not the writer. He is advocating that if your spouse says "no", don't listen to them. Turn them around and rip their clothes off.................

I'd never do that.
1. I'd get beaten up.
2. I'd have to sleep in the garden (with the ducks!) for many moons.
3. By the time I got forgiven, I would have forgotten what 'sex' is.
4. All my hobby money would be confiscated for her replacement clothes.
5. My wife would make me follow her round all the clothes shops, staring at boring displays, for hours....... and hours.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Revoltingest,

There has been similar debates in India where rapes are occurring every 20 minutes [reported] and only a fraction of rapes gets reported.
Marital rape is not covered under present laws besides rape by elders in the family by friends, neighbours of children are hardly ever reported due to social stigma.

Though Brazilian survey reports what humans specially women feels themselves about Rape and wearing revealing clothes cause women can immediately sense what attention they are getting when they wear such clothes.

It is human mind that creates illusion that leads humans to act negatively and which can be rid off only when society as a whole leads a dharmic life towards betterment of humanity.

Love & rgds

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Time to revive this thread with a news tidbit....

Time to revive this thread with some good hot debate!

I didn't read all the OP.... TLDR.... but I read enough. So this author pointed out that she likes a 'bit of rough', and in her happy marriage there was gender roleplay, position, gender oriented domination etc etc. ...... For her and her husband Joe, it seems to work.

It's not our (Mrs B and self) idea of how we would like to live together, and we both had a good laugh over it.

But some members are highly indignant about this book. Dreadful! Some of these same members themselves happen to be into Bondage, Domination and Sado-Masochism within their relationships!! Was that what the author was trying to convey as well? She likes a 'bit of rough'? What a joke!!!!

Suppose that the women of the world were asked to choose which marriage would be the better out of just two.... here they are:-

1. The turn 'em round and rip their clothes off book, with one spouse in 'leading role', gets grumpy without enough sex etc etc book. (Like the author's. We would give that 2/10!

2. The we are into BDSM; we operate a love who you like, bonk who you fancy, Poly-sexual relationship with one spouse in dominant role..... book. We would give that 1/10!

I know that book 2 will not be exactly accurate to the odd indignant member, but close enough, would you say?
From an egalitarian pov, neither would be well received by the women of the world, but many (if forced) would choose Joe's Missus's book over the second one. I would not choose either, I'm just trying to view the whole thread in as balanced a viewpoint as possible.

OK......... bring it on. Let's do this....... :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Friend Revoltingest,

There has been similar debates in India where rapes are occurring every 20 minutes [reported] and only a fraction of rapes gets reported.
Marital rape is not covered under present laws besides rape by elders in the family by friends, neighbours of children are hardly ever reported due to social stigma.

Though Brazilian survey reports what humans specially women feels themselves about Rape and wearing revealing clothes cause women can immediately sense what attention they are getting when they wear such clothes.

It is human mind that creates illusion that leads humans to act negatively and which can be rid off only when society as a whole leads a dharmic life towards betterment of humanity.

Love & rgds
That human mind....always causing trouble.
My own is a particularly vile offender.
At least I manage to keep from acting out my more violent thoughts.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I don't know about you, but the way I dress, I won't be moving to Brazil.

I won't be moving there because of the laws enacted that support quasi-theocratic nonsense.

Your Hawaiian shirts only make you weird, not deserving of an attack. I mean, that just sounds horrible anyway..."deserving of (insert form of violence)."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are you suggesting that you look provocatively gorgeous? :D
Aw, now I'm blushing.
But yeah....
Willie.jpg