• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture & Tithing

Rise

If you have a problem with Jesus foretelling in Revelation that before he can return the last Prophecy has to happen first.
So if you have a problem with that, maybe you should take it with Christ Jesus on Judgement day.
I didn't say I had a problem with it - I asked you to prove using scripture your claim is true.

But I can see you don't want to do that.
The question is why don't you want to? Are you unable to? Do you not actually know the scripture well enough to defend your claim?
Why do you think merely repeating your claim proves it to be true? You know there's a logical fallacy for that, it's called "argument by assertion" Argument by assertion - RationalWiki

Or are you simply trolling, trying to get a rise out of people by making bad arguments over controversial topics? At this point I do suspect you're just intentionally trolling.

Faithofchristian

I didn't say I had a problem with it - I asked you to prove using scripture your claim is true.

The question is why don't you want to? Are you unable to? Do you not actually know the scripture well enough to defend your claim?
Why do you think merely repeating your claim proves it to be true? You know there's a logical fallacy for that, it's called "argument by assertion" Argument by assertion - RationalWiki

Or are you simply trolling, trying to get a rise out of people by making bad arguments over controversial topics? At this point I do suspect you're just intentionally trolling.

In Revelation chapter 11 there are only
19 verses, in those 19 verses the last Prophecy is to be found.

David1967

Premium Member

Definitely trolling

Rise

In Revelation chapter 11 there are only
19 verses, in those 19 verses the last Prophecy is to be found.

At this point you just sound like you came here to try preaching to people that they need to repent and believe what you claim is true about Revelation chapter 11 or else be judged by Jesus for it on the last day.

Either you're trying to preach or it's just obvious trolling.

Both are against the forum rules.

Faithofchristian

At this point you just sound like you came here to try to preach to people that they need to repent and believe what you claim is true about Revelation chapter 11, or else be judged by Jesus for on the last day.

Either you're trying to preach or it's just obvious trolling.

Both are against the forum rules.

If it was against RF rules than RF would not have posted the thread.

Neuropteron

I have a questions to ask those of the Christian faith and anyone who may like to comment.

My questions is this---

it seems Pastors, Preaches are saying one thing and Jesus Christ is saying completely different than what Pastors/Preachers are saying,

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out before the tribulation.

But yet Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, the last Prophecy that is to happen, that Jesus Christ can not return until this last prophecy happens first.
That when this last prophecy happens that Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, which will brings an end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation.

So what good is the rapture going to do.

Seeing that the last Prophecy has to happen first, before Jesus Christ can return, which the last Prophecy also brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

Now, many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament/ scriptures.

If you were to go to the new testament/ scriptures, you will not find one word about tithing, from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation. As you will not even find the word tithe, from Acts to Revelation?

You can not use the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark. Luke and John.
All because Jesus Christ is speaking to Israel about their tithing system.

So how is this to work, If you Christians profess that you do not go by the old testament/ scriptures, But yet you tithe according to the old testament/scriptures.
Please explain exactly how this all is to work?

Hi,
Jesus didn't say he would "return" but was talking about his presence (parousia). Vine's Expository Dictionary of N and OT denotes both an arrival and a consequent presence. A closer look at the term "parousia" reveals that the contrast is between presence and absence, not between an arrrival/return and departure.

In regards to Christians "not going by" the OT, Jesus used and quoted the Hebrew scripture repeatedly, anyone that is a follower of Christ should do the same. We should not confuse this with the fact that Christians are not under the Mosaic Law since it was a tutor leading to Christ.

The word "rapture" is not found in the Bible. The term was invented by Born Again Christians. The concept is taken from the scriptures revealing that a select few will rule as priest and kings over the earth for thousans years (Rev 20:6). These are the ones that previous to Armageddon will be changed in the blink of an eye.(1Cor 15:52)

As for Pastors and teachers Jesus admonishes only one is your teacher, the Christ.(Mat 23:8)

Neutral Name

Had you fully read the thread,
There is no where in the new testament/scriptures anything about the tithe.
As you can go from the book of Acts to Revelation there is nothing about tithing.

The only place the tithe is found is in the old testament/ scriptures.
But yet many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament scriptures, but yet these very same Christians tithe according to the old testament scriptures.

Wow! Thank you so much!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Jesus second coming has not even happen yet.
Jesus first coming happen a little over 2000 years ago when he was here on earth.
. Jesus second coming is yet to happen.

So I don't know where you get a failed prophecy when the second coming of Christ Jesus hasn't even happen yet.
Because Paul claimed he met Jesus after he accended.

Faithofchristian

Hi,
Jesus didn't say he would "return" but was talking about his presence (parousia). Vine's Expository Dictionary of N and OT denotes both an arrival and a consequent presence. A closer look at the term "parousia" reveals that the contrast is between presence and absence, not between an arrrival/return and departure.

In regards to Christians "not going by" the OT, Jesus used and quoted the Hebrew scripture repeatedly, anyone that is a follower of Christ should do the same. We should not confuse this with the fact that Christians are not under the Mosaic Law since it was a tutor leading to Christ.

The word "rapture" is not found in the Bible. The term was invented by Born Again Christians. The concept is taken from the scriptures revealing that a select few will rule as priest and kings over the earth for thousans years (Rev 20:6). These are the ones that previous to Armageddon will be changed in the blink of an eye.(1Cor 15:52)

As for Pastors and teachers Jesus admonishes only one is your teacher, the Christ.(Mat 23:8)

Have you any idea when Revelation 20:6
Takes place?
Revelation 20:6, takes place after Jesus has returned to earth and not before.

further more Jesus condemned the teachings of man's in Matthew 15:7-9.

7--" You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Therefore you have Jesus himself condemning the teachings of man's.

Faithofchristian

Because Paul claimed he met Jesus after he accended.

Wrong, Paul didn't meet Jesus.
Jesus talk to Paul from heaven.
Stopping Paul as Paul was on his way down the road to Damascus.
Acts 9:3 - 5.

As to how many people heard Jesus talking to Paul, there was only two other person's besides Paul. That heard Jesus speaking to Paul.

But when Jesus does return every eye will see Jesus. Revelation 1:7

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I have a questions to ask those of the Christian faith and anyone who may like to comment.

My questions is this---

it seems Pastors, Preaches are saying one thing and Jesus Christ is saying completely different than what Pastors/Preachers are saying,

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out before the tribulation.

But yet Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, the last Prophecy that is to happen, that Jesus Christ can not return until this last prophecy happens first.
That when this last prophecy happens that Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, which will brings an end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation.

So what good is the rapture going to do.

Seeing that the last Prophecy has to happen first, before Jesus Christ can return, which the last Prophecy also brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

Now, many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament/ scriptures.

If you were to go to the new testament/ scriptures, you will not find one word about tithing, from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation. As you will not even find the word tithe, from Acts to Revelation?

You can not use the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark. Luke and John.
All because Jesus Christ is speaking to Israel about their tithing system.

So how is this to work, If you Christians profess that you do not go by the old testament/ scriptures, But yet you tithe according to the old testament/scriptures.
Please explain exactly how this all is to work?

Some Christians believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. I do not.

Tithing isn't said as such in the NT, but it is a principle of giving--and we can get countless principles from the OT.