• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture & Tithing

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So what do you think the "last prophecy" is that the op is referring to?
That's a good question.. it seemed like the OP was mixing different points. In reference to the rapture, there are people who stand on that the church will go through the rapture.

I'm not sure if that is a particular denomination. There always have been discussions on that topic.

David1967

Premium Member
That's a good question.. it seemed like the OP was mixing different points. In reference to the rapture, there are people who stand on that the church will go through the rapture.

I'm not sure if that is a particular denomination. There always have been discussions on that topic.

Right you are. And the only way that discussion will stop is if and when it happens.

The op does remind me of one of those threads made to steer a person toward a particular denomination though.

Faithofchristian

On what scriptural basis do you reason that what is contained in Revelation 11 must happen before the rapture of the church?

You link Jesus returning with the rapture as though they must happen at the same time, but can you scripturally prove the two events could not happen separately?

And furthermore, what does any of that have to do with tithing or the Old Testament in general?

For one thing, those are two separate questions.
One being about the rapture
And the other about tithing.

Further more Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.
At the time when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over, so what good is the rapture going to do.

Faithofchristian

I can't answer all of this. It is so much. First, there is no such thing as the rapture in the Bible. It is actually as dogmatic as many Protestants would say of the Catholics. Find a Bible you can search online and you will not find the word rapture in it. There is being taken up, pretty much the same thing, but the rapture people have made a bundle talking about something that is not Biblical.

Second, you are asked to tithe 10% and to give your best but it doesn't mean that you should be giving it to some greedy person pretending to be a Christian and building a compound or buying a jet. That is not Christian. Matthew 6:19-20
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
There are wolves in sheep's clothing. Matthew 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. These are many of the pastors and ministers you are speaking of.

Listen to Jesus, not pastors or ministers. Read the Bible and know what Jesus said. Follow that. That is the only way that you can be a real Christian unless you can find a church which actually teaches the truth but they are few and far between. Most say that they do bu they don't.

Had you fully read the thread,
There is no where in the new testament/scriptures anything about the tithe.
As you can go from the book of Acts to Revelation there is nothing about tithing.

The only place the tithe is found is in the old testament/ scriptures.
But yet many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament scriptures, but yet these very same Christians tithe according to the old testament scriptures.

Faithofchristian

Apparently Jesus already came back a second time in the story of Paul invalidating any third coming. Making it a failed prophecy of the second return.

Jesus second coming has not even happen yet.
Jesus first coming happen a little over 2000 years ago when he was here on earth.
. Jesus second coming is yet to happen.

So I don't know where you get a failed prophecy when the second coming of Christ Jesus hasn't even happen yet.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have a questions to ask those of the Christian faith and anyone who may like to comment.

My questions is this---

it seems Pastors, Preaches are saying one thing and Jesus Christ is saying completely different than what Pastors/Preachers are saying,

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out before the tribulation.

But yet Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, the last Prophecy that is to happen, that Jesus Christ can not return until this last prophecy happens first.
That when this last prophecy happens that Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, which will brings an end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation.

So what good is the rapture going to do.

Seeing that the last Prophecy has to happen first, before Jesus Christ can return, which the last Prophecy also brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

Now, many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament/ scriptures.

If you were to go to the new testament/ scriptures, you will not find one word about tithing, from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation. As you will not even find the word tithe, from Acts to Revelation?

You can not use the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark. Luke and John.
All because Jesus Christ is speaking to Israel about their tithing system.

So how is this to work, If you Christians profess that you do not go by the old testament/ scriptures, But yet you tithe according to the old testament/scriptures.
Please explain exactly how this all is to work?

Who needs tithing when you have millions of followers that will send you all kinds of money down to their last dime.
Just look at Jim Baker, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Joel Osteen, etc. Some of them even had air conditioned dog houses for their dogs. But I'm sure Jesus wanted that right?

Faithofchristian

Actually, you find it in Hebrews 7. Tithing wasn't an issue as giving was liberal...not like today where people whine about $5 let alone share about the realities of tithing.

You have to remember, the issue about the Epistles weren't necessarily about tithing and Revelation has nothing to do with it either,.

Tithing was before the law so it doesn't matter whether or not Jesus was speaking to Israel.

That of Hebrews 7 about Abraham, is in the old testament scriptures.
Therefore it's old testament scriptures and not the new testament scriptures.

Further more what do you mean the tithe was before the law.
Abraham kept the law and commandments of God.
Genesis 26:5--"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws"
Therefore Abraham kept the laws and commandments of God.
Therefore the law was there when Abraham gave the tithe.

Faithofchristian

Ok. I need to know something. Is this a thread that if I guess correctly what the correct prophecy is that it will point me towards your particular denomination?

You said that you read Revelation 11, can you explain exactly what the seventh Trump is. What happens when the 7th Trump is sounded.

Faithofchristian

Who needs tithing when you have millions of followers that will send you all kinds of money down to their last dime.
Just look at Jim Baker, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson, Joel Osteen, etc. Some of them even had air conditioned dog houses for their dogs. But I'm sure Jesus wanted that right?

And where exactly do they get tithing from.
Right out of the old testament scriptures, which Christians say they do not go by.
Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites, to say they don't go by the old testament scriptures, but yet tithe by what they say they don't go by old testament scriptures.

We Never Know

No Slack
And where exactly do they get tithing from.
Right out of the old testament scriptures, which Christians say they do not go by.
Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites, to say they don't go by the old testament scriptures, but yet tithe by what they say they don't go by old testament scriptures.

I wouldnt call it tithing. I would call it conned out of their money while the one running the con lived very very well.

David1967

Premium Member
You said that you read Revelation 11, can you explain exactly what the seventh Trump is. What happens when the 7th Trump is sounded.

Are you by chance a politician? No matter how directly you are asked a question you skirt around it without simply answering. How hard is it to say 'blank has to happen before this happens? ' What religious persuasion are you anyway? And please don't make me guess.

Faithofchristian

I wouldnt call it tithing. I would call it conned out of their money while the one running the con lived very very well.

Thats what I'm talking about exactly.
Those pastors,preachers are pulling a fast one over on people.
To first say We Christians don't go by old testament scriptures, but yet these pastors, preachers go to the old testament scriptures to get people to tithe.
Sounds a bit hypocrites you think
To say they don't go by old testament scriptures and then be found going by old testament scriptures..

Faithofchristian

Are you by chance a politician? No matter how directly you are asked a question you skirt around it without simply answering. How hard is it to say 'blank has to happen before this happens? ' What religious persuasion are you anyway? And please don't make me guess.

I did say that exactly, that Christ Jesus can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.

We Never Know

No Slack
Thats what I'm talking about exactly.
Those pastors,preachers are pulling a fast one over on people.
To first say We Christians don't go by old testament scriptures, but yet these pastors, preachers go to the old testament scriptures to get people to tithe.
Sounds a bit hypocrites you think
To say they don't go by old testament scriptures and then be found going by old testament scriptures..

Why do you follow the new testament and not the old?

Rise

For one thing, those are two separate questions.
One being about the rapture
And the other about tithing.

Yes, they are, that's why I was asking why you are talking about tithing in a post about the rapture. It doesn't make any sense. I'd like to know why you think tithing is relevant to the topic of the rapture.

Further more Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.

Repeating your claim doesn't prove it's true.
I asked you what is the scriptural basis for your claim that Jesus Christ cannot return until that first happens.

At the time when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over, so what good is the rapture going to do.

You also ignored the other question I asked;
What is the scriptural basis for your claim that the rapture and Jesus Christ's return must happen at the exact same time?

Not everyone believes they must happen at the same time - and they have compelling scriptural reasons for why they believe that.
The rapture very well could happen before Jesus returns - unless you can prove using scripture that can't be the case.