• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture & Tithing

Faithofchristian

I have a questions to ask those of the Christian faith and anyone who may like to comment.

My questions is this---

it seems Pastors, Preaches are saying one thing and Jesus Christ is saying completely different than what Pastors/Preachers are saying,

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out before the tribulation.

But yet Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, the last Prophecy that is to happen, that Jesus Christ can not return until this last prophecy happens first.
That when this last prophecy happens that Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, which will brings an end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation.

So what good is the rapture going to do.

Seeing that the last Prophecy has to happen first, before Jesus Christ can return, which the last Prophecy also brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

Now, many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament/ scriptures.

If you were to go to the new testament/ scriptures, you will not find one word about tithing, from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation. As you will not even find the word tithe, from Acts to Revelation?

You can not use the four Gospels, Matthew, Mark. Luke and John.
All because Jesus Christ is speaking to Israel about their tithing system.

So how is this to work, If you Christians profess that you do not go by the old testament/ scriptures, But yet you tithe according to the old testament/scriptures.
Please explain exactly how this all is to work?

Last edited:

LightofTruth

I have a questions to ask those of the Christian faith and anyone who may like to comment.

My questions is this---

it seems Pastors, Preaches are saying one thing and Jesus Christ is saying completely different than what Pastors/Preachers are saying,

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out?

But yet Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, the last Prophecy that is to happen, that Jesus Christ can not return until this last prophecy happens first.
That when this last prophecy happens that Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, which will brings an end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation.

Seeing that the last Prophecy has to happen first, before Jesus Christ can return, which the last Prophecy also brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens, the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.

Now, many Christians will say, We Christians do not go by the old testament/ scriptures.

If you were to go to the new testament/ scriptures, you will not find one word about tithing, from the book of Acts to the book of Revelation. As you will not even find the word tithe, from Acts to Revelation?

So how is this to work, If you Christians profess that you do not go by the old testament/ scriptures, But yet you tithe according to the old testament/scriptures.

Many believe (as do I) the Revelation to be entirely future. Which means that Christ return happens shortly after the rapture.

Faithofchristian

Many believe (as do I) the Revelation to be entirely future. Which means that Christ return happens shortly after the rapture.

Not according to what Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation,
The rapture can not happen nor can Jesus Christ return until the last Prophecy happens first.
Which the last Prophecy brings the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.
If you have a problem with that, maybe you should take it up with Jesus Christ on Judgement day. Good luck on that.

leov

My questions is this---

That when it comes to the rapture you are being told by Pastors/Preachers, that Jesus Christ is coming to rapture you out?

'Rapture' never stopped, it is individual enlightenment.

David1967

Premium Member

'Some" Pastors/Preachers say this. It's not universal. The Rapture thing didn't come around till some 100 years ago. That's all I'll say about that. It's easy enough to research. Just don't limit yourself to those who teach this.

And what prophecy are you referring to? The rebuilding of the temple?

Because 'Tithing' was not commanded of gentiles.

I think that the Old Testament tithe is simply used as a model for offerings in Christian churches.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From my non-Christian perspective, it's a mistake to try to take any religious prophecy from whatever tradition literally.

Faithofchristian

'Some" Pastors/Preachers say this. It's not universal. The Rapture thing didn't come around till some 100 years ago. That's all I'll say about that. It's easy enough to research. Just don't limit yourself to those who teach this.

And what prophecy are you referring to? The rebuilding of the temple?

Because 'Tithing' was not commanded of gentiles.

I think that the Old Testament tithe is simply used as a model for offerings in Christian churches.

There's no where in the new testament /scripture that Christians are to tithe.
If you believe Christians are to tithe, then by all means, give the book and chapter and verses from the book of Acts to Revelation.

Who exactly said anything about 100 years ago.
Try staying up with the program.
It's what is being taught to day and not a 100 years ago.

David1967

Premium Member
There's no where in the new testament /scripture that Christians are to tithe.
If you believe Christians are to tithe, then by all means, give the book and chapter and verses from the book of Acts to Revelation.

Who exactly said anything about 100 years ago.
Try staying up with the program.
It's what is being taught to day and not a 100 years ago.

You're being rude why? I was referring to the rapture teaching as recent not tithing.

Terry Sampson

@Faithofchristian
  • You say: "Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation."
  • I read your whole OP, and I still cannot figure out what you say "the last Prophecy" is. What do you say it is?

David T

Premium Member
Good luck. I just got insulted for asking that.:confused:
btw secret the last words in recelations is dont add a single word to or remove a simgle word feom this text.
Dont interpret.
The genius skipped that part. The text was written well aware of that skipping that would happen. Tricky text!

So according to revelations david the beast is to ignore that statement. According to revelations.

Ouch brain bender right there eh!

David T

Premium Member
From my non-Christian perspective, it's a mistake to try to take any religious prophecy from whatever tradition literally.
It says it the end of the text as well. Why is that skipped? And how did the authors know that would be skipped?

Faithofchristian

You're being rude why? I was referring to the rapture teaching as recent not tithing.

The teaching of the rapture is being taught now more than ever before.

The rapture teaching, teaches that Jesus Christ comes just before the tribulation.

But however what Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation, proves that the rapture can not possibly happen.
All because Jesus Christ given the last Prophecy that is to happen in his book of Revelation.
That Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first.
That at the time the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over.
So what good is the rapture going to do, seeing when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over and then Christ Jesus returns.
Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy of Revelation happens first.

Faithofchristian

@Faithofchristian
  • You say: "Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first in his book of Revelation."
  • I read your whole OP, and I still cannot figure out what you say "the last Prophecy" is. What do you say it is?

I don't say what the last Prophecy is, Christ Jesus himself foretold in his book of Revelation what the last Prophecy is.

Therefore read the book of Revelation and see what Christ Jesus has to say what the last Prophecy is.

David1967

Premium Member
Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy of Revelation happens first.

And what is that prophecy? And before you tell me to read it and figure it out... this is your thread with your opinion. The burden is on you to tell us what you think it is. Speak clearly, I don't like to have to guess what it is I'm supposed to discuss.

Faithofchristian

And what is that prophecy? And before you tell me to read it and figure it out... this is your thread with your opinion. The burden is on you to tell us what you think it is. Speak clearly, I don't like to have to guess what it is I'm supposed to discuss.

The burden is not on me, seeing that your able to read, go read the book of Revelation and see what Christ Jesus tells what the last Prophecy is.
I'll make it a little easier for you, go read
Revelation chapter 11. Here you will find the last Prophecy that Christ Jesus has given.

David1967

Premium Member
The burden is not on me, seeing that your able to read, go read the book of Revelation and see what Christ Jesus tells what the last Prophecy is.
I'll make it a little easier for you, go read
Revelation chapter 11. Here you will find the last Prophecy that Christ Jesus has given.

You are funny.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It says it the end of the text as well. Why is that skipped? And how did the authors know that would be skipped?
It's human nature to read/see what people want to see - confirmation bias. It does not require divine powers to predict such things.