• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapture & Tithing

Faithofchristian

No. Hebrews is NT and Hebrew 7 talks about the difference between the Old and the New.

Please note vs 8 And here men that die receive tithes; (OT) but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.(NT)

notice that there is only one person that we witness that "he liveth" and that is Jesus.

again
12 For the priesthood being changed, (NT - Jesus) but what didn't change was the faith of Abraham and the honoring of God with the tithe (which you are free not to honor God with it as His love for you isn't contingent on your response)

Again, I don't agree. The Law is KNOWN as the Law of Moses.

Romans 4:12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only (LAW OT), but who also walk in the steps of that faith ofour father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised. (FAITH AND GRACE NT)

There was no law of Moses at the time of Abraham, it was simply God's law, before it came down to be written by Moses on mount Sinai.
Only after Moses written the law down on mount Sinai, then the law became to be known as the law of Moses, which is the Ten commandment law.
But before this, it was God's law, Ten commandment law of God's.
Which God gave to Moses on mount Sinai.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well seeing that you have no idea what
Matthew 24:23 is about.

Matthew 24:23, Christ Jesus is speaking to his elect people during the tribulation that when people say here is Christ that we been waiting for. Believe it not, for there shall arise false Christ's and false prophets this will be during the tribulation of the
AntiChrist.
Which is not to far future from us.

The whole chapter of Matthew 24 is all about during the tribulation period.

So it's just you, taking things out of their context and trying imply them to something else.

Which still means Christ isnt to return before that. With Paul, Christ returned.

It's a failed prophecy. They were still not to believe anyone is Christ up to the tribulation. Not during.

Christ is said to return after the tribulation.

Faithofchristian

Which still means Christ isnt to return before that. With Paul, Christ returned.

It's a failed prophecy. They were still not to believe anyone is Christ up to the tribulation. Not during.

Christ is said to return after the tribulation.

No, Christ never returned.
Hearing someone voice is different than actually seeing them

As Paul heard the voice of Christ Jesus, but did not actually see Christ Jesus
That's a big difference.

I see what your writing, but I don't actually see you. Big difference.

As Paul heard the voice of Christ Jesus coming down from heaven, is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.

When Christ Jesus does return every eye will actually see Christ Jesus.

So what Paul heard is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.
Only hearing the voice of Christ Jesus.
Is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.

I see what your writing here, but I am not actually seeing you.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's right the Levi priesthood wasn't born yet, but however the Levi priesthood tithes were paid by Abraham before the Levi priesthood came to be.

As Hebrews 7:9 plainly shows.
9--"And as I may so say, Levi also, who received tithes, payed tithes in Abraham"

Therefore the Levi priesthood tithes were paid by Abraham before the Levi priesthood came to be.

Which still shows all of this has nothing at all to do with Christians.
But has everything to do with Israel and the Levi priesthood.
I agree about Levi,

However, it still says "AND NOW"... "TO WHOM IT IS WITNESSED THAT HE LIVES"... that's everybody beyond the Levitical priesthood.

But like I said, it is voluntary with faith and out of love. If you don't want to, that is fine. You don't have to be healed either, if you don't want to.

Kenny

Premium Member
Have you any idea what law that is being spoken about in Hebrews 7:12
12--"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law"

Have you any idea what law that is.
And why the law was changed, and what happened that the law was changed.

It's not the law of Moses either.
The law of love.

Kenny

Premium Member
There was no law of Moses at the time of Abraham, it was simply God's law, before it came down to be written by Moses on mount Sinai.
Only after Moses written the law down on mount Sinai, then the law became to be known as the law of Moses, which is the Ten commandment law.
And in that law of love, the father of faith instituted the tithe... the father of all and not just of the Israelites.

But you don't have to if you don't want to.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
The only problem with the pre-tribulation rapture, is that Jesus Christ can not come before the tribulation, until the last Prophecy happens first in the book of Revelation, and at the time when the last Prophecy happens the tribulation is over anyway.
So what good is the pre- tribulation rapture going to do.

The tithe is not mentioned in the new testament scriptures, the principle of giving is man's teachings, from the old testament scriptures.

But then Christians will say, we Christians do not go by the old testament scriptures.
But yet these very same Christians tithe according to the old testament scriptures.

I said I do NOT believe in a pre-trib rapture.

Christians do not need to perform the Law, given to unsaved Israel. Christians ARE to learn precepts and principles from both testaments, or as Jesus said, "not bread but every word of God".

In the OT, God says, "test me in the tithe--watch the blessings that come!"

Faithofchristian

I agree about Levi,

However, it still says "AND NOW"... "TO WHOM IT IS WITNESSED THAT HE LIVES"... that's everybody beyond the Levitical priesthood.

But like I said, it is voluntary with faith and out of love. If you don't want to, that is fine. You don't have to be healed either, if you don't want to.

My question is, where do you get
'And Now"
As there is no where in Hebrews 7 where the sentence starts with "And Now"

So how is it that you come by "And Now"

If however your referring to verse 8.

Verse 8---"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth"

So how is it you come by "And Now"

Kenny

Premium Member
My question is, where do you get
'And Now"
As there is no where in Hebrews 7 where the sentence starts with "And Now"

So how is it that you come by "And Now"

If however your referring to verse 8.

Verse 8---"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth"

So how is it you come by "And Now"

You are correct. My error... however,

If it is witnessed that "he lives"...... is that "now" after the resurrection or "before" when the law was in force.

Faithofchristian

At this point you just sound like you came here to try preaching to people that they need to repent and believe what you claim is true about Revelation chapter 11 or else be judged by Jesus for it on the last day.

Either you're trying to preach or it's just obvious trolling.

Both are against the forum rules.

Not one time did I say anything about repenting,
I don't see myself as preaching, only answering the questions that are ask of me.
So I gave Revelation chapter 11, which only has 19 verses. Which all those 19 verses points to the last Prophecy of Revelation chapter 11.
As to where did I ever say, be judge by Jesus, as I never said that.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
There are way more than 10. There are 613.

Before giving of Torah there was, and for non-Jews still is, in my belief system, Noachide Law.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
There are way more than 10. There are 613.

Before giving of Torah there was, and for non-Jews still is, in my belief system, Noachide Law.
There is a tradition documented in the Talmud that both Yitzchak and Yaakov were learning Torah many generations before Sinai.

Here is an informal write-up on the topic from blogs.timesofisrael.com: ( link )

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Serious question @Rival. How is it possible to keep up with 613. I do good to keep the 10.
Many of them are to do with making sacrifices and so on, but you probably keep more than 300 every day; the US has thousands of laws, many of which you have not even a passing thought.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, Christ never returned.
Hearing someone voice is different than actually seeing them

As Paul heard the voice of Christ Jesus, but did not actually see Christ Jesus
That's a big difference.

I see what your writing, but I don't actually see you. Big difference.

As Paul heard the voice of Christ Jesus coming down from heaven, is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.

When Christ Jesus does return every eye will actually see Christ Jesus.

So what Paul heard is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.
Only hearing the voice of Christ Jesus.
Is not actually seeing Christ Jesus.

I see what your writing here, but I am not actually seeing you.

So people are to believe that if they hear a voice saying they are Jesus Christ , and they think it's Jesus Christ in spite of the verse Matthew 24:23 then it's okay to say it was Jesus from what I'm getting here, such as Paul had done.

Keeping in mind the Olivet discourse was directed at the disciples themselves by Jesus in the Book of Matthew and appears to have applied for that era by which the warning was given.

One could say the tribulation period had just started once Jesus ascended the way the Bible is written out.