• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As someone who has not had sex for many years I can confirm that it is easy to avoid rape when being sexually desperate :p.

I've been celibate for about 20 years and have somehow manage to avoid raping anyone.

Me Myself

Back to my username
masturbation and prostitution are two options.

You may want to live in a place where it is legal though.

Me Myself

Back to my username
One reason is some find it more spiritually iluminatnig or think it will help them towards some realization.

Others on a superficially similar but really very different motivation simply fear and associate guilt with unmarital sex or sex alltogether.

Titanic

One reason is some find it more spiritually iluminatnig or think it will help them towards some realization.

Others on a superficially similar but really very different motivation simply fear and associate guilt with unmarital sex or sex alltogether.

Then the incels. It must suck being them.

Kerr

I've been celibate for about 20 years and have somehow manage to avoid raping anyone.
I am not celibate, though, if by celibate you mean by choice :p. So... its not just people who choose celibacy who can avoid raping people.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why would you choose to be celibate I meant?

If you're really interested, it's something you don't really choose. At least not on a conscious level where you make a conscious choice and then will yourself to keep to it like a New Year's resolution. Instead, celibacy of the sort I'm familiar with is something that comes from within, from inside you, and which you either recognize and acknowledge as a heartfelt desire or perhaps you foolishly deny it. Celibacy just feels right to me. If it ever starts feeling wrong to me, I'll drop it faster than a dress on prom night.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3427245 said:
Namaste,

Well, you have a video showing soldiers that have actively taken part in raping females speaking about reasons why they rape which are coinciding with the claim put forward by you. These aren't psychologists or sociologists - they are soldiers that have committed these acts, and one of the reasons they raped was that they lacked in having sex with females because they were in the bushes for a very long time.

M.V.

EDIT: There will be people that will still not believe in the fact that some men sometimes will rape because they haven't had sex in a very long time, but the best thing to do would be to either show them that video above, or even just ignore them overall.
Those guys also MURDER PEOPLE all day long, and they brutally gang rape MEN that they capture, and the raping involves extreme physical brutality causing permanent damage.

What exactly is this supposed to prove? That if you are a full-time murderer and enjoy killing and torturing human beings, you might enjoy raping your captives when you haven't had sex for a while (or even when you have)? Sure, that's what I've been saying all along. But I've also been saying the same is certainly not true for psychologically healthy individuals who do not desire to inflict suffering and humiliation on others.

Alceste

Vagabond
Sure. I've been in it many times. I'm relatively certain that no one has expressed any interest in having sex with me since... I think February. I'm not really concerned about my happiness, and I'm most certainly not so concerned with it to be disillusioned with the notion that raping someone is going to absolve the disappointment with no one wanting to have sex with me.

If no wants to have sex with me... and I rape someone... still, no one wants to have sex with me... even more so, I would imagine.

Maybe some of your new friends in prison would.

Alceste

Vagabond
I am not celibate, though, if by celibate you mean by choice :p. So... its not just people who choose celibacy who can avoid raping people.

Heck, half the time people who choose celibacy are the biggest rapists of the bunch. I'm looking at you, Catholicism.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Heck, half the time people who choose celibacy are the biggest rapists of the bunch.

Namaste,

Doesn't that contradict to what you have been saying so far? You don't believe that people will resort to raping if they haven't had sex in a while....but, here you are saying that those who choose not to have sex anymore end up being the "biggest rapists". Am I misreading your quote? Or what? Please explain.

M.V.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3429669 said:
Namaste,

Doesn't that contradict to what you have been saying so far? You don't believe that people will resort to raping if they haven't had sex in a while....but, here you are saying that those who choose not to have sex anymore end up being the "biggest rapists". Am I misreading your quote? Or what? Please explain.

M.V.

It was tongue in cheek. Pedophiles often seek out positions of trust where they will have access to young people.