• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rape?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Wrong. Rape is torture. Not a "form" of sex. Somebody can be tortured by having food forced down their throat, and such an act is not yet another "form" of eating.

Again, false dichotomy.

Just because it is horrible for one of them does not mean it ceases to be sex.

Sex isn`t inherently "good" or "bad". It`s just sex.

Robbing something is taking something that does not belong to you.

Taking doesnt always means robbing, but you generally need to take in order to robb. Likewise with sex and rape.

Rape is an immoral form of sex.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I haven't.

If the "end" is having sex, then there are many "means" to which to achieve said "end."

If Gary wants Betty and Betty doesnt want Gary, and Gary is a %&·! and tried whatever he could and now is convinced Betty will never lust for him, Gary has the option of (remembering he is a %$/&! ) raping Betty, provided he thinks he can do so effectively and in a way he will have no consequences.

Trying to have consensual sex in the first place would have no sense if the end in itself was "power"

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Again, false dichotomy.

Just because it is horrible for one of them does not mean it ceases to be sex.

Sex isn`t inherently "good" or "bad". It`s just sex.

Robbing something is taking something that does not belong to you.

Taking doesnt always means robbing, but you generally need to take in order to robb. Likewise with sex and rape.

Rape is an immoral form of sex.

Replace "sex" with "penetration", and we're in agreement. Your assumption that sex is equated with penetration is where you're confused and mixing the two.

There is violent and non-violent forms of penetration. Much like there is violent and non-violent means of food introduced down a persons esophagus. "Sex" and "eating" are used when such activities are consensual.

Your posts continue to perpetuate rape fantasy.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Replace "sex" with "penetration", and we're in agreement. Your assumption that sex is equated with penetration is where you're confused and mixing the two.

There is violent and non-violent forms of penetration. Much like there is violent and non-violent means of food introduced down a persons esophagus. "Sex" and "eating" are used when such activities are consensual.

Your posts continue to perpetuate rape fantasy.

Words as force fed exist.

Penetration is not the only form of rape the way I see it but then I may be thinking on sexual assault in general.

Sex refers to sexual activities between people. Obviously this happens during rape.

dust1n

Zindīq
If Gary wants Betty and Betty doesnt want Gary, and Gary is a %&·! and tried whatever he could and now is convinced Betty will never lust for him, Gary has the option of (remembering he is a %$/&! ) raping Betty, provided he thinks he can do so effectively and in a way he will have no consequences.

Trying to have consensual sex in the first place would have no sense if the end in itself was "power"

Right. When ever rape became an option on the table, trying to have consensual sex ceased to exist. Now the goal is to make Betty succumb to Gary's will. The means of doing that is rape.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Right. When ever rape because an option of the table, trying to have consensual sex ceased to exist. Now the goal is to make Betty succumb to Gary's will. The means of doing that is rape.

Of course we are not talking about consensual sex, Gary wanted to have sex, he probably prefered it consensual (is less problematic), once he realised or thought Betty didn`t want it no matter what he did, and continued towards his sexual gratifications regardless of her will, it becomes rape.

Thinking the goal is to make Betty succumb to Gary`s will would be like thinking the goal of a robber is to make other people not have money.

Sure, power motivated rape and sadistic motivated rape exists, but it`s obviously not the only one. Violent means to get to ends exist on anything. Sex is no exception.

dust1n

Zindīq
Of course we are not talking about consensual sex, Gary wanted to have sex, he probably prefered it consensual (is less problematic), once he realised or thought Betty didn`t want it no matter what he did, and continued towards his sexual gratifications regardless of her will, it becomes rape.

Thinking the goal is to make Betty succumb to Gary`s will would be like thinking the goal of a robber is to make other people not have money.

Sure, power motivated rape and sadistic motivated rape exists, but it`s obviously not the only one. Violent means to get to ends exist on anything. Sex is no exception.

In which case, Gary was never interested in sex. He was interested in Betty acting on his will and his will alone.

Me Myself

Back to my username
In which case, Gary was never interested in sex. He was interested in Betty acting on his will and his will alone.

Again, that is like saying that robbers are never interested in money, just in other people not having money because of them.

dust1n

Zindīq
Again, that is like saying that robbers are never interested in money, just in other people not having money because of them.

Robbers are interested in taking money. If robbers were solely interested in money, they could have found many ways to achieve said goal.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Words as force fed exist.

Penetration is not the only form of rape the way I see it but then I may be thinking on sexual assault in general.

Sex refers to sexual activities between people. Obviously this happens during rape.

We all SO need to re-think this, because all you're doing is confusing people. Going by this description, somebody who wants to have sex will always be worried about whether or not he or she is raping somebody based on the level of desire. And going by this description, somebody who is being victimized will question whether or not a crime occurred based on the level of desire of the aggressor.

You are confusing a biological term (sex) with a social activity (having sex) when including it in qualifications of its criminality. Again, take a step back and see a bigger picture here because the culture we live in does overtly sexualize and glosses over the crime of rape by interjecting myths and fantasies into the reality of the crime.

Me Myself

Back to my username
We all SO need to re-think this, because all you're doing is confusing people. Going by this description, somebody who wants to have sex will always be worried about whether or not he or she is raping somebody based on the level of desire. And going by this description, somebody who is being victimized will question whether or not a crime occurred based on the level of desire of the aggressor.

level of desire? rape happens when there is sex without consent. Consent and desire are not the same thing.

To continue witht he force fed analogy, I would be being forcefed if someone made me chew meat against may will, wether or not I like the taste or not.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
level of desire? rape happens when there is sex without consent. Consent and desire are not the same thing.

Rape happens when there is penetration without consent. This is how the FBI defines it. Shall I bring the link in again? Shall I offer the example of a lesbian woman raping a man with a lead pipe? This is not sex, MM. This is rape, and it's violent.

To continue witht he force fed analogy, I would be being forcefed if someone made me chew meat against may will, wether or not I like the taste or not.

I'm talking about if you were being tortured by having meat forced down your esophagus, maybe with a plunger or a knife or a stick. Sorry, that's not "non-consensual eating." It's something else entirely.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Rape happens when there is penetration without consent. This is how the FBI defines it. Shall I bring the link in again? Shall I offer the example of a lesbian woman raping a man with a lead pipe? This is not sex, MM. This is rape, and it's violent.

Again, no one is denying the violence. Violence does not negate the sexual part though. That is your false dichotomy.

I'm talking about if you were being tortured by having meat forced down your esophagus, maybe with a plunger or a knife or a stick. Sorry, that's not "non-consensual eating." It's something else entirely.

IF I am being forced to chew and swallow meat, sure that would be called forcefeeding and would mean I ate meat against my will.

Which I wouldnt say is even remotely comparable in level of torture to the avarage rape victim, but then again, pain has little to do with whether it was eating/sex or not.

SEx =/= violence

Sex =/= non violent

SEx= sexual activities.

I am just going by the oxford.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Actually, and for further clarification:

Definition of rape in English
rape1
Pronunciation: /reɪp/
Translate rape | into French | into German | into Italian | into Spanish
noun
[mass noun]
1the crime, typically committed by a man, of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against their will: