• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wrong please? Again, again, again, and again, you put too much emphasis on the "Book of Certitude" as the whole of Baha'i Revelation of God, and it is NOT. Your extreme selective bias against the Baha'i Faith is clearly apparent.

Nonetheless, Baha'u'llah proclaim His message a Manifestation of the Word of God.

“From time immemorial,” Bahá’u’lláh, speaking of God, explains, “He, the Divine Being, hath been veiled in the ineffable sanctity of His exalted Self, and will everlasting continue to be wrapt in the impenetrable mystery of His unknowable Essence… Ten thousand Prophets, each a Moses, are thunderstruck upon the Sinai of their search at God’s forbidding voice, ‘Thou shalt never behold Me!’; whilst a myriad Messengers, each as great as Jesus, stand dismayed upon their heavenly thrones by the interdiction ‘Mine Essence thou shalt never apprehend!’” “How bewildering to me, insignificant as I am,” Bahá’u’lláh in His communion with God affirms, “is the attempt to fathom the sacred depths of Thy knowledge! How futile my efforts to visualize the magnitude of the power inherent in Thine handiwork—the revelation of Thy creative power!” “When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee,” He, in yet another prayer revealed in His own handwriting, testifies, “I am moved to proclaim to all created things ‘verily I am God!’; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!”

“The door of the knowledge of the Ancient of Days,” Bahá’u’lláh further states in the Kitáb-i-Íqán, “being thus closed in the face of all beings, He, the Source of infinite grace … hath caused those luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit, in the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being and tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence… All the Prophets of God, His well-favored, His holy and chosen Messengers are, without exception, the bearers of 114 His names and the embodiments of His attributes… These Tabernacles of Holiness, these primal Mirrors which reflect the Light of unfading glory, are but expressions of Him Who is the Invisible of the Invisibles.”
" you put too much emphasis on the "Book of Certitude" as the whole of Baha'i Revelation of God, and it is NOT. "

There are many reasons for that.

The first one is that I have observed that (almost) every follower of Bahaullah in the RF who call themselves “Bahai” or followers of “Bahaism” have not read all the writings of Bahaullah.

So, virtually “Bahaism” people in the RF have only read a part of Baha'ullah's writings, so morally they cannot expect other to read all of Baha'ullah's writings, when they themselves have not done so. Right, please?

If some one of the Bahaism people is an exception because of having read all of Baha'ullah's writings, whether in Farsi/Persian original or Arabic original, as not all of them have been translated in English, such a person should tell us. At the most they have read only, emphasis only, those ones which have been translated in English. Right, please?

Perhaps their leaders (UHJ) are not interested in translations of these books, even after 150 years of of this ideology.

Perhaps they themselves have not read these. Right, please?

Regards

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
" you put too much emphasis on the "Book of Certitude" as the whole of Baha'i Revelation of God, and it is NOT. "

There are many reasons for that.

The first one is that I have observed that (almost) every follower of Bahaullah in the RF who call themselves “Bahai” or followers of “Bahaism” have not read all the writings of Bahaullah.

So, virtually “Bahaism” people in the RF have only read a part of Baha'ullah's writings, so morally they cannot expect other to read all of Baha'ullah's writings, when they themselves have not done so. Right, please?

If some one of the Bahaism people is an exception because of having read all of Baha'ullah's writings, whether in Farsi/Persian original or Arabic original, as not all of them have been translated in English, such a person should tell us. At the most they have read only, emphasis only, those ones which have been translated in English. Right, please?

Perhaps their leaders (UHJ) are not interested in translations of these books, even after 150 years of of this ideology.

Perhaps they themselves have not read these. Right, please?

Regards

Your judgement is from an extremely biased Islamic only perspective. From an objective perspective outside your view of the Quran only, Islam fails completely to relate to a universal perspective of even tolerance and understanding of the diversity of human beliefs in large part, because of the tribalism that identifies and divides Islam.

This is the reason that Judaism. Christianity and Islam too narrow a cultural, tribal, and doctrinal level, which are divided and and in contention often violently, to relate to a universal perspective of the nature of God, humanity and Creation.

The UHJ is interested in all the translation and constantly devote themselves to these efforts.

Your hostility toward the Baha'i Faith, and extreme view of 'Quran only' are reflected in the violence against the Baha'i Faith, Christianity and Judaism in the Middle East and the rest of the world.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Atheism isn't a thing. Theism is the thing. Atheism is merely the absence of said thing. The default. The null hypothesis.
Does one mean that Atheism is a hollow (good for nothing) ideology? If yes, then why mention it as one's religion?
"Thing" and "Nothing" are both things, it is for this that both natural words have the essential part thing in them. Right, please?

Regards

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Do you go to the dentist when having a tooth ache, or do you "implore Allah for help"?

"I do both, that is the right path" for you and according to you

And what is for one, please?

Some Scriptures declare that we are not the body, mind, emotions.
Nice theory, but it gets only interesting when I really realize this and can put it in practise
I met an Italian kind of yogi, who was in a car accident. Broke 13 bones, including 4 ribs and hip
My Guru appeared to him, when he was in the ambulance and said to him "no operation, you do yoga"
Doctors thought he was crazy. We need to put a pin in your leg, to pull the leg. He said, that is fine, but no operation"
But we need to give anestatics the doctor said. No, he said, no need. I do yoga, pain does not bother me. Just hammer the pin in the leg.

I had a few root canal problems, and thought "This is peanuts compared to this Italian yogi. No dentist for me"
I managed to not go to the dentist; but those were painful 10 years. I realized that this is a nice theory, but I am far from being a yogi

After 10 years my Guru appeared in my dream and said "It's okay to go to the dentist"
I went to the dentist after 10 years. Dentist is very convenient as long as I am not able to take care of my own teeth

So, for me there is not "the right path". It all depends on the person. A yogi has a different path then I have. And tomorrow my path can be different.

Milton Platt

Did one listen to : Huzoor's address at UNESCO , please?

Regards

Thanks. Well, if as the speaker stated, Muhammed hammered out a truce between Jews and other people and those in Islam are supposed to follow this truce and show love and compassion, etc. to those of other faiths, then there is not a single truly Islamic country on the face of the earth today, it would seem, or at least not in the middle east. And as far as quoting from your book to support your views, those Islamists who think differently about such things and whose views oppose his and yours quote from the same book. I would suggest that it is up to the Islamists to sort out their own religion and present it coherently to the world. Your house is divided terribly and nobody inside or outside of the faith can make heads nor tails of it. Don't present your personal interpretation to those outside the faith and expect them to figure out if this is the correct interpretation of a book written in a language they don't even understand. That is absurd.
When all of Islam can agree on what their book actually says, then and only then should they try to quote from it to others.

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
No Compulsion???
A Call to the Muslims of the World | Center for Inquiry

As I said, to those who do not believe your mythology and dogma, that passage has no meaning.
Good and clear information in the link you gave. Thank you. People always try to find the Truth in their Scriptures, but sometimes the Scriptures are not all Truth. Realizing and accepting this is needed today, otherwise we keep "Hell on Earth", having all this misdirected Religious violence IMO