• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Some Scriptures declare that we are not the body, mind, emotions.
Nice theory, but it gets only interesting when I really realize this and can put it in practise
I met an Italian kind of yogi, who was in a car accident. Broke 13 bones, including 4 ribs and hip
My Guru appeared to him, when he was in the ambulance and said to him "no operation, you do yoga"
Doctors thought he was crazy. We need to put a pin in your leg, to pull the leg. He said, that is fine, but no operation"
But we need to give anestatics the doctor said. No, he said, no need. I do yoga, pain does not bother me. Just hammer the pin in the leg.

I had a few root canal problems, and thought "This is peanuts compared to this Italian yogi. No dentist for me"
I managed to not go to the dentist; but those were painful 10 years. I realized that this is a nice theory, but I am far from being a yogi

After 10 years my Guru appeared in my dream and said "It's okay to go to the dentist"
I went to the dentist after 10 years. Dentist is very convenient as long as I am not able to take care of my own teeth

So, for me there is not "the right path". It all depends on the person. A yogi has a different path then I have. And tomorrow my path can be different.
The prayer mentioned in the OP is general and fits for everybody. it is Universal ,for every religion , all believers and even for the non-believers Atheists/Agnostics/Skeptics. Everybody will come to the Right-Path, it is named Al-Fatihah or the Opener or the Key to every door/heart/problem/difficulty etc. If one finds the right path of doing a thing, with appropriate effort the problem is solved . And naturally for every individual and every problem the solution is different. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

Muhammad cautioned by G-d addressing directly by G-d:
[6:53]وَ لَا تَطۡرُدِ الَّذِیۡنَ یَدۡعُوۡنَ رَبَّہُمۡ بِالۡغَدٰوۃِ وَ الۡعَشِیِّ یُرِیۡدُوۡنَ وَجۡہَہٗ ؕ مَا عَلَیۡکَ مِنۡ حِسَابِہِمۡ مِّنۡ شَیۡءٍ وَّ مَا مِنۡ حِسَابِکَ عَلَیۡہِمۡ مِّنۡ شَیۡءٍ فَتَطۡرُدَہُمۡ فَتَکُوۡنَ مِنَ الظّٰلِمِیۡنَ ﴿۵۳﴾
And drive not away those who call upon their Lord morning and evening, seeking His countenance. Thou art not at all accountable for them nor are they at all accountable for thee, that thou shouldst drive them away and be of the unjust.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 6: Al-An`am

Is there any such verse in the Bible of the Christianity, please?
If yes, please quote it here. Right, please?

Is there any such verse in Kitab-i-Iqan by Bahaullah, there cannot be any as G-d did not speak to Bahaullah directly? If there is any, please quote it here. Right, please?

Is there any such verse from Moses' Torah , please?

Regards

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Did one listen to : Huzoor's address at UNESCO , please?
Regards
Thank you for sharing. Video sounds positive. Muhammad tells us to never criticize other's (non) belief and drop "my way is highway". Very good.

IMO: I see a lot of discrepancy between Koran verses, and even more how different Muslims interpret them. See quote below.

IF there are 2 people who both live exactly the same perfect life (being just, loving, compassionate, empathetic). One is a Theist, and the other is an Atheist or humanist. Then the Muslim below claims that the one who follows his heart (non belief), should be condemned by Muslims (not ordinarily but wholeheartedly)

@paarsurrey: Do you agree with this quote? Don't you feel that something might be wrong with this Muslim's "whole heart"? Lacking "differentiate between"

Muslims need to differentiate between the sin and the sinner. We wholeheartedly condemn disbelief and disapprove it yet we do not hate the disbeliever and we do not banish him. We rather look at him with the eyes of mercy and compassion and pray for his guidance and his return back to the way of His Lord the Almighty.
dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=738&CategoryID=6

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The prayer mentioned in the OP is general and fits for everybody. it is Universal ,for every religion , all believers and even for the non-believers Atheists/Agnostics/Skeptics. Everybody will come to the Right-Path, it is named Al-Fatihah or the Opener or the Key to every door/heart/problem/difficulty etc. If one finds the right path of doing a thing, with appropriate effort the problem is solved . And naturally for every individual and every problem the solution is different. Right, please?

Regards
And naturally for every individual and every problem the solution is different. Right, please?

Right. For some it's the path of Hinduism, for others Buddhism. And for some it's Atheism or Humanism. They all are "ending" even with "ism":)

Right, please?

Wandering Monk

How is this claim any different than claims made by Jews and Christians about THEIR holy books?

Why are the same claims about the Quran any more credible?

It is all just wishful thinking and a power grab.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
And naturally for every individual and every problem the solution is different. Right, please?

Right. For some it's the path of Hinduism, for others Buddhism. And for some it's Atheism or Humanism. They all are "ending" even with "ism":)

Right, please?

I meant the problem in hand, not the ideology.

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Thank you for sharing. Video sounds positive. Muhammad tells us to never criticize other's (non) belief and drop "my way is highway". Very good.

IMO: I see a lot of discrepancy between Koran verses, and even more how different Muslims interpret them. See quote below.

IF there are 2 people who both live exactly the same perfect life (being just, loving, compassionate, empathetic). One is a Theist, and the other is an Atheist or humanist. Then the Muslim below claims that the one who follows his heart (non belief), should be condemned by Muslims (not ordinarily but wholeheartedly)

@paarsurrey: Do you agree with this quote? Don't you feel that something might be wrong with this Muslim's "whole heart"? Lacking "differentiate between"
"Muslims need to differentiate between the sin and the sinner. We wholeheartedly condemn disbelief and disapprove it yet we do not hate the disbeliever and we do not banish him. We rather look at him with the eyes of mercy and compassion and pray for his guidance and his return back to the way of His Lord the Almighty.
dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=738&CategoryID=6
"
"Muslims need to differentiate between the sin and the sinner. We wholeheartedly condemn disbelief and disapprove it yet we do not hate the disbeliever and we do not banish him. We rather look at him with the eyes of mercy and compassion and pray for his guidance and his return back to the way of His Lord the Almighty.
dar-alifta.org/Foreign/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=738&CategoryID=6"

The first thing to be noted is that a Fatwa is an opinion of a person or group of persons, It does not form a verse of the Quran or commandment of G-d binding anybody.
I will like to amend the passage thus:

"Muslims need to differentiate between the sin and the sinner. We don't approve disbelief yet we do not hate the disbeliever and we do not banish him. We rather look at him with the eyes of mercy and compassion and pray for his guidance and look for his joining the way of His Lord the Almighty with reasons, arguments and peaceful dialogue"

Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Human beings have great imaginations,even moreso when it's to a desired purpose,
Then please let us know reasonable "signs" from which one could know distinctly that a "book" or a "chapter" or a "passage" or a "sentence" is from G-d and not written by a human being.
That may help in the issue. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How is this claim any different than claims made by Jews and Christians about THEIR holy books?

Why are the same claims about the Quran any more credible?

It is all just wishful thinking and a power grab.

Please read my post #162 and note my request to other religions for a comparative study and evaluation the last lines given by me which I repeat here:

"Is there any such verse in the Bible of the Christianity, please?
Is there any such verse in Kitab-i-Iqan by Bahaullah, there cannot be any as G-d did not speak to Bahaullah directly? If there is any, please quote it here. Right, please?
If yes, please quote it here. Right, please?"

Let those religions quote verses from NT Bible, Kitab-i-Iqan by Bahaullah, Moses' Torah as requested, please.
Right, please?

Regards

Wandering Monk

Please read my post #162 and note my request to other religions for a comparative study and evaluation the last lines given by me which I repeat here:

"Is there any such verse in the Bible of the Christianity, please?
If yes, please quote it here. Right, please?"

Let those religions quote verses from NT Bible, Kitab-i-Iqan by Bahaullah, Moses' Torah as requested, please.
Right, please?

Regards

God never spoke to anybody. Full stop, please.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe I agree that it is inspired by God but not a direct word. Usually a direct word will be prefaced by the word "say."
"Usually a direct word will be prefaced by the word "say." "

Quran is authored by G-d as per the criterion suggested by our Christian friend @Muffled . G-d tells Muhammad with the word "say" and or "قُلۡ" in Arabic original language :

[31:26]وَ لَئِنۡ سَاَلۡتَہُمۡ مَّنۡ خَلَقَ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضَ لَیَقُوۡلُنَّ اللّٰہُ ؕ قُلِ الۡحَمۡدُ لِلّٰہِ ؕ بَلۡ اَکۡثَرُہُمۡ لَا یَعۡلَمُوۡنَ ﴿۲۶﴾
And if thou ask them, ‘Who created the heavens and the earth?’, they will surely answer, ‘Allah.’ Say, ‘All praise belongs to Allah.’ But most of them know not.
[31:27]لِلّٰہِ مَا فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضِ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ ہُوَ الۡغَنِیُّ الۡحَمِیۡدُ ﴿۲۷﴾
To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. Verily, Allah is Self-Sufficient, Praiseworthy.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 31: Luqman

Regards

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
No dodge at all, please. It is an innocent question.
What should naturally happen to the apostates in one's opinion, please?

Regards

I asked you the question.
Don't answer questions with another question.

My question was straightforward. It asked what the quran had to say about apostates.

Why don't you want to just answer it?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Then please let us know reasonable "signs" from which one could know distinctly that a "book" or a "chapter" or a "passage" or a "sentence" is from G-d and not written by a human being.

That it's a book with text in it in a human language, is pretty much a clear-cut sign that it's of human origins.

Humans write books.
I know of no other entity that does this.