• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Does one agree with the contents of the two verses? If one agrees, and which I understand one does, then of course no discussion could ensue. Right, please?

Regards

OK, that's fine. Bahaí's of course see the Quran as being the Word of God and there is little controversial about this verse for us both. We should worship God, beseech His assistance and He will guide us.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why is this in Science and Religion? What do your verses have to do with Science?
Science and Religions are complementary, one deals the physical, material and temporal aspects and the other deals the ethical,moral and spiritual aspects of human life. Both are needed by the humanity. Right, please?

Regards

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help. Guide us in the right path." Quran 1:5-6 by G-d.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 1: Al-Fatihah
Does one agree with the above? Or one doesn't?

Regards
I might agree -- if and only if I could get that guidance to the "right path" directly from the source. But if I have to get it from an Iman or some other human who pretends to know God's mind, then no, I don't.

So far in my life, God has never spoken to me. A lot of ordinary humans have pretended that they could tell me what God wants me to know -- but I have zero reason to believe them, so I don't.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Does one agree with the contents of the two verses? If one agrees, and which I understand one does, then of course no discussion could ensue. Right, please?

Regards

I agree with the passages but the problem is from the human perspective. What is the 'Right Path' would be is the issue. The Jew, Christian, Buddhist. Muslim, Hindu and others would not agree as to what is the 'Right Path.'.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Science and Religions are complementary, one deals the physical, material and temporal aspects and the other deals the ethical,moral and spiritual aspects of human life. Both are needed by the humanity. Right, please?

Regards
I agree with the passage, but again many if not most Christians and Muslims would only conditionally and in part accept the evolving knowledge of science.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

"His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He gives life and He causes death; and He has power over all things." Quran 57:2-3
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 57: Al-Hadid

Right, please?

Regards

Again as a Theist I agree with this passage, but than again it is subject to fallible human understanding, even as a theist what is manifest from the human perspective 'God having power over all things.'.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I might agree -- if and only if I could get that guidance to the "right path" directly from the source. But if I have to get it from an Iman or some other human who pretends to know God's mind, then no, I don't.

So far in my life, God has never spoken to me. A lot of ordinary humans have pretended that they could tell me what God wants me to know -- but I have zero reason to believe them, so I don't.
I quoted directly from the source, without any intercessions. Right, please?

Regards

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I might agree with some parts, but not all the parts. And since we're including science in this thread, when a part of a claim is untrue, the claim itself becomes untrue.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I quoted directly from the source, without any intercessions. Right, please?

Regards

Unless your a Muslim one may not agree concerning the certainty of your claim of the 'Source.' I tend to agree with your quotes, but more in the context of a greater universal view.