• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wrong.
You have read Dhammapada and think Gautama was a messenger from God ?
That is contrary to what he taught.
You may choose to reinterpret buddhism, but there is no basis for your claim.

As for the Bhagavad Gita, which I have read in its entirety many times over fifty years, it teaches that there is no qualitative difference between the individual and God.

Do you agree with that ?

By making it clear that there is no qualitative difference between the individual and God, the Gita is effectively atheistic in the final analysis, which is why Krishna says to “renounce religious ritual and the flowery language of the Vedas, and come directly to Me”.

You could say that buddhism is the realistic , and Bhagavad Gita the idealistic, expressions of self realisation.

Both Buddhism and the Bhagavad Gita teach that self realisation requires no intermediaries, and that what is realised is one’s own nature.

No, I have not read the entire Quran, though I did study with the Mevlevi Sufi order, and excerpts of the Quran were included in our study. Obviously, the main focus of the Mevlevi is the writing of Rumi, also Attar and Hafiz.

“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
- Hafiz
"No, I have not read the entire Quran"

Please read/study the Quran, it is a systematic "Word of G-d" as is Nature a systematic "Wok of G-d", it is their system that convinces one beyond doubt that these are both authored by the same G-d.

Regards

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Wow. He was not at all saying that "most people" were Christian.

You have nothing worth saying so you just come to knit-pick?
He said, and I quote directly, "I believe back when I did not have a day to day relationship with Jesus, I depended on His word. I believe that is where most people are in their walk."
This means, unpacked, that as he depended on the word of Jesus, "that is where most people are in their walk." Depending on the "word of Jesus" does seem to imply an adherence to Christianity, don't you think? Or do you suppose that tons of Muslims and Hindus and atheists are also depending on Jesus' word?

People make statements. Those statements are made up out of words, and those words convey meaning. If I mean something other than what I write, then I have to take responsibility for that. So do you. So does he (or she).

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
"No, I have not read the entire Quran"

Please read/study the Quran, it is a systematic "Word of G-d" as is Nature a systematic "Wok of G-d", it is their system that convinces one beyond doubt that these are both authored by the same G-d.

Regards

You have avoided answering me.
Right please ?

Last edited:

JesusKnowsYou

He said, and I quote directly, "I believe back when I did not have a day to day relationship with Jesus, I depended on His word. I believe that is where most people are in their walk."
This means, unpacked, that as he depended on the word of Jesus, "that is where most people are in their walk." Depending on the "word of Jesus" does seem to imply an adherence to Christianity, don't you think? Or do you suppose that tons of Muslims and Hindus and atheists are also depending on Jesus' word?

People make statements. Those statements are made up out of words, and those words convey meaning. If I mean something other than what I write, then I have to take responsibility for that. So do you. So does he (or she).
He said "their walk" not "the walk".

I would claim that everyone in the world is at the point in "their walk" to come to know Christ through His word rather than the Holy Spirit.

Everyone can come to understand His will through His word.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe I agree that it is inspired by God but not a direct word. Usually a direct word will be prefaced by the word "say."
"Usually a direct word will be prefaced by the word "say." "
Quran is Word of G-d authored by G-d, not authored by Muhammad. It is therefore that at many a places in the Quran the word "say" or in Arabic "قُلۡ" has been prefaced:

[2:143]
سَیَقُوۡلُ السُّفَہَآءُ مِنَ النَّاسِ مَا وَلّٰٮہُمۡ عَنۡ قِبۡلَتِہِمُ الَّتِیۡ کَانُوۡا عَلَیۡہَا ؕ قُلۡ لِّلّٰہِ الۡمَشۡرِقُ وَ الۡمَغۡرِبُ ؕ یَہۡدِیۡ مَنۡ یَّشَآءُ اِلٰی صِرَاطٍ مُّسۡتَقِیۡمٍ ﴿۱۴۳﴾
"The foolish among the people will say: ‘What has turned them away from their Qiblah which they followed?’ " "Say: ‘To Allah belong the East and the West. He guides whom He pleases to the right path.’ "
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 2: Al-Baqarah

Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
If this is the case the Quran is not the only scripture inspired by God.

I believe I agree that it is inspired by God but not a direct word. Usually a direct word will be prefaced by the word "say."

There are many a verse in Quran that preface the word "say" or the Arabic word "قُلۡ" one such verse is :

[17:82]وَ قُلۡ جَآءَ الۡحَقُّ وَ زَہَقَ الۡبَاطِلُ ؕ اِنَّ الۡبَاطِلَ کَانَ زَہُوۡقًا ﴿۸۲﴾
And say, ‘Truth has come and falsehood has vanished away. Falsehood does indeed vanish away fast.
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 17: Bani Isra'il

Friend @Muffled
Doesn't it prove that Quran is authored by G-d and not authored by Muhammad,please?

Friend @shunyadragon
I have read "Kitab-i-Iqan" or the "Book of Certitude" from cover to cover .
"it is" the "primary theological work" of Bahaullah. "The work was composed partly in Persian and partly in Arabic by Bahá'u'lláh":
Kitáb-i-Íqán - Wikipedia
I have read it in Persian/Farsi, and Arabic and in English. I didn't find any sentence in it from G-d which is prefaced by the word "say" or the Arabic word "قُلۡ". Did I miss to note it please?

Regards
The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library
So even the publishers Bahá’í Reference Library testify that it is not Word from G-d. Right, please?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Quran is authored by G-d, not by Muhammad:
Regards

Only in the same sense that the works of Shakespeare and the Sex Pistols were authored by God.

You may as well just call it creative intelligence.
Shakti, in Sanskrit.

There is nothing uniquely special about Muhammad.
He was just another charismatic.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Friend @shunyadragon
I have read "Kitab-i-Iqan" or the "Book of Certitude" from cover to cover .
"it is" the "primary theological work" of Bahaullah. "The work was composed partly in Persian and partly in Arabic by Bahá'u'lláh":
Kitáb-i-Íqán - Wikipedia
I have read it in Persian/Farsi, and Arabic and in English. I didn't find any sentence in it from G-d which is prefaced by the word "say" or the Arabic word "قُلۡ". Did I miss to note it please?

Regards
The Kitáb-i-Íqán | Bahá’í Reference Library
So even the publishers Bahá’í Reference Library testify that it is not Word from G-d. Right, please?

Having read the Kitab-i-Iqan does not conclude that you put the scriptures of the different religions, the Quran, and the Baha'i writings in the context of a universal view, and not the singular narrow view you have of the Quran only. The Kitáb-i-Íqán is an important work in the context of the Baha'i scripture, but nonetheless does not stand alone in understanding the Baha'i writings.

ou still have not explained the contradiction where you accept the founders of other religions as Manifestations of God yet assert that the Quran is the only book authored by God.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Only in the same sense that the works of Shakespeare and the Sex Pistols were authored by God.

You may as well just call it creative intelligence.
Shakti, in Sanskrit.

There is nothing uniquely special about Muhammad.
He was just another charismatic.
"Only in the same sense that the works of Shakespeare --- were authored by God."

Will one quote from the works of Shakespeare where G-d mentioned that Shakespeare's works were authored by G-d?
Right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Quran is authored by G-d as per the criterion suggested by our Christian friend @Muffled . G-d tells Muhammad with the word "say" and or "قُلۡ" in Arabic original language, and Muhammad obeyed it:
[6:57]قُلۡ اِنِّیۡ نُہِیۡتُ اَنۡ اَعۡبُدَ الَّذِیۡنَ تَدۡعُوۡنَ مِنۡ دُوۡنِ اللّٰہِ ؕ قُلۡ لَّاۤ اَتَّبِعُ اَہۡوَآءَکُمۡ ۙ قَدۡ ضَلَلۡتُ اِذًا وَّ مَاۤ اَنَا مِنَ الۡمُہۡتَدِیۡنَ ﴿۵۷﴾
Say: ‘I am forbidden to worship those on whom you call beside Allah.’ Say: ‘I will not follow your evil inclinations. In that case, I shall become lost and I shall not be of the guided.’
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 6: Al-An`am
Right, please?

Regards

Is there any sentence in "Kitabe-i-Iqan" or "Book of Certitude"where G-d addressed Bahaullah with the word "say", please?
There cannot be any, I hold, as G-d never had any Converse directly with Bahaullah. Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Quotes Series: From Quran- Authored by G-d not by Muhammad

[3:145]وَ مَا مُحَمَّدٌ اِلَّا رَسُوۡلٌ ۚ قَدۡ خَلَتۡ مِنۡ قَبۡلِہِ الرُّسُلُ ؕ اَفَا۠ئِنۡ مَّاتَ اَوۡ قُتِلَ انۡقَلَبۡتُمۡ عَلٰۤی اَعۡقَابِکُمۡ ؕ وَ مَنۡ یَّنۡقَلِبۡ عَلٰی عَقِبَیۡہِ فَلَنۡ یَّضُرَّ اللّٰہَ شَیۡئًا ؕ وَ سَیَجۡزِی اللّٰہُ الشّٰکِرِیۡنَ ﴿۱۴۵﴾
"And Muhammad is only a Messenger. Verily, all Messengers have passed away before him. If then he die or be slain, will you turn back on your heels? And he who turns back on his heels shall not harm Allah at all. And Allah will certainly reward the grateful."
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 3: Aal-e-`Imran

Right, please?
Is there such a verse addressed by G-d to Jesus in NT Bible, please?
Is there such a verse addressed by G-d to Bahaullah in "Kitab-e-Iqan" or "The Book of Certitude", please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Quran is authored by G-d as per the criterion suggested by our Christian friend @Muffled . G-d tells Muhammad with the word "say" and or "قُلۡ" in Arabic original language :

[2:98]قُلۡ مَنۡ کَانَ عَدُوًّا لِّجِبۡرِیۡلَ فَاِنَّہٗ نَزَّلَہٗ عَلٰی قَلۡبِکَ بِاِذۡنِ اللّٰہِ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَیۡنَ یَدَیۡہِ وَ ہُدًی وَّ بُشۡرٰی لِلۡمُؤۡمِنِیۡنَ ﴿۹۸﴾
Say: ‘Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel — for he it is who has caused it to descend on thy heart by the command of Allah, which fulfils that which precedes it, and is a guidance and glad tidings to the believers

Right, please?

Regards

Is there any sentence in "Kitabe-i-Iqan" or "Book of Certitude"where G-d addressed Bahaullah with the word "say", please?

There cannot be any, I hold, as G-d never had any Converse directly with Bahaullah. Right, please?

Regards

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Regards

Wrong please? Again, again, again, and again, you put too much emphasis on the "Book of Certitude" as the whole of Baha'i Revelation of God, and it is NOT. Your extreme selective bias against the Baha'i Faith is clearly apparent.

Nonetheless, Baha'u'llah proclaim His message a Manifestation of the Word of God.

“From time immemorial,” Bahá’u’lláh, speaking of God, explains, “He, the Divine Being, hath been veiled in the ineffable sanctity of His exalted Self, and will everlasting continue to be wrapt in the impenetrable mystery of His unknowable Essence… Ten thousand Prophets, each a Moses, are thunderstruck upon the Sinai of their search at God’s forbidding voice, ‘Thou shalt never behold Me!’; whilst a myriad Messengers, each as great as Jesus, stand dismayed upon their heavenly thrones by the interdiction ‘Mine Essence thou shalt never apprehend!’” “How bewildering to me, insignificant as I am,” Bahá’u’lláh in His communion with God affirms, “is the attempt to fathom the sacred depths of Thy knowledge! How futile my efforts to visualize the magnitude of the power inherent in Thine handiwork—the revelation of Thy creative power!” “When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee,” He, in yet another prayer revealed in His own handwriting, testifies, “I am moved to proclaim to all created things ‘verily I am God!’; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!”

“The door of the knowledge of the Ancient of Days,” Bahá’u’lláh further states in the Kitáb-i-Íqán, “being thus closed in the face of all beings, He, the Source of infinite grace … hath caused those luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit, in the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being and tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence… All the Prophets of God, His well-favored, His holy and chosen Messengers are, without exception, the bearers of 114 His names and the embodiments of His attributes… These Tabernacles of Holiness, these primal Mirrors which reflect the Light of unfading glory, are but expressions of Him Who is the Invisible of the Invisibles.”

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wrong please? Again, again, again, and again, you put too much emphasis on the "Book of Certitude" as the whole of Baha'i Revelation of God, and it is NOT. Your extreme selective bias against the Baha'i Faith is clearly apparent.

Nonetheless, Baha'u'llah proclaim His message a Manifestation of the Word of God.

“From time immemorial,” Bahá’u’lláh, speaking of God, explains, “He, the Divine Being, hath been veiled in the ineffable sanctity of His exalted Self, and will everlasting continue to be wrapt in the impenetrable mystery of His unknowable Essence… Ten thousand Prophets, each a Moses, are thunderstruck upon the Sinai of their search at God’s forbidding voice, ‘Thou shalt never behold Me!’; whilst a myriad Messengers, each as great as Jesus, stand dismayed upon their heavenly thrones by the interdiction ‘Mine Essence thou shalt never apprehend!’” “How bewildering to me, insignificant as I am,” Bahá’u’lláh in His communion with God affirms, “is the attempt to fathom the sacred depths of Thy knowledge! How futile my efforts to visualize the magnitude of the power inherent in Thine handiwork—the revelation of Thy creative power!” “When I contemplate, O my God, the relationship that bindeth me to Thee,” He, in yet another prayer revealed in His own handwriting, testifies, “I am moved to proclaim to all created things ‘verily I am God!’; and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!”

“The door of the knowledge of the Ancient of Days,” Bahá’u’lláh further states in the Kitáb-i-Íqán, “being thus closed in the face of all beings, He, the Source of infinite grace … hath caused those luminous Gems of Holiness to appear out of the realm of the spirit, in the noble form of the human temple, and be made manifest unto all men, that they may impart unto the world the mysteries of the unchangeable Being and tell of the subtleties of His imperishable Essence… All the Prophets of God, His well-favored, His holy and chosen Messengers are, without exception, the bearers of 114 His names and the embodiments of His attributes… These Tabernacles of Holiness, these primal Mirrors which reflect the Light of unfading glory, are but expressions of Him Who is the Invisible of the Invisibles.”

One seems to be angry. Is it so, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Quran is authored by G-d as per the criterion suggested by our Christian friend @Muffled . G-d had a Converse with Muhammad and tells him to convey the Jews with the word "say" and or "قُلۡ" in Arabic original language :

[2:80]فَوَیۡلٌ لِّلَّذِیۡنَ یَکۡتُبُوۡنَ الۡکِتٰبَ بِاَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ ٭ ثُمَّ یَقُوۡلُوۡنَ ہٰذَا مِنۡ عِنۡدِ اللّٰہِ لِیَشۡتَرُوۡا بِہٖ ثَمَنًا قَلِیۡلًا ؕ فَوَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا کَتَبَتۡ اَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ وَ وَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا یَکۡسِبُوۡنَ ﴿۸۰﴾
Woe, therefore, to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: ‘This is from Allah,’ that they may take for it a paltry price. Woe, then, to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn.
[2:81]وَ قَالُوۡا لَنۡ تَمَسَّنَا النَّارُ اِلَّاۤ اَیَّامًا مَّعۡدُوۡدَۃً ؕ قُلۡ اَتَّخَذۡتُمۡ عِنۡدَ اللّٰہِ عَہۡدًا فَلَنۡ یُّخۡلِفَ اللّٰہُ عَہۡدَہٗۤ اَمۡ تَقُوۡلُوۡنَ عَلَی اللّٰہِ مَا لَا تَعۡلَمُوۡنَ ﴿۸۱﴾
And they say: ‘The Fire shall not touch us except for a small number of days.’ Say: ‘Have you taken a promise from Allah? Then, Allah will never break His promise. Or, do you say of Allah what you know not?’

Right, please?

Regards