• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions no one can answer

syo

I believe in God but sometimes I ask myself these questions:

1. Why is there a God who created everything? Why is there no God and therefore nothing?

2. Why is God good and just and not bad and unjust?

3. Can God the Almighty "destroy" Himself? If not, is he almighty at all?
Can God the Almighty give his omnipotence to another? If not, is he Almighty at all?

Do you sometimes ask yourselves questions that no one can answer? If so, what kind of questions?
I've been trying to understand the christian God about 20 years now. I have no luck. I changed my religion, but the christian God is STILL a mystery.

SA Huguenot

If you believe in Jesus sacrifice and do His will, then you will receive eternal life.
I concluded with religion in 2008 on the following.
  • I studied all the religions that crossed my path. I read their books and listened to their dogma.
  • I questioned Atheism, materialism, and agnisticism.
  • The only religion that actually made sense to me, with a test of falsifying included, was the Christian protestand one with support from the Old Testament.
  • I did not like Cathloic veneration, but I do not concern me with the finer details of it as well as with Orthodox Christianity, for I discovered that the Trinity and the salvation through jesus Christ is the only logical way God would treat with His Creation.
Therefore, as a Christian I believe that I will die, but my immortal spirit will only change location.
Due to this understnding I realise that the state of immortality will be in an entity not bound by time, space and matter, and will be one of satisfaction and knowledge.
Now my reasoning on earth is, if God gave me a brain, and a Mind to use, why not!
Think, learn, immagine!
it will last forever just as the Mind (Word) of God will last forever.

SA Huguenot

I've been trying to understand the christian God about 20 years now. I have no luck. I changed my religion, but the christian God is STILL a mystery.
The Christian God is actually verry simple to understand.
There is YHWH, the "Existance"
Who has a Spirit living within Him called the "Holy Spirit of YHWH",
and who has a Mind called THE" Word", or as we know him as Jehashua (Jesus).
Now this God created everything and he made man here on Earth.
This Man was "Made in the immage of YHWH"
in otherwords, look at Adam, and you will see the way YHWH is!
Jesus also said, He was the second Adam giving life.
Now, if we look at what the Bible say about YHWH, it say that YHWH is Light, and when He appeared at Horeb to Moses and the tribes of Israel, He was Light that even radiated from Moses' face.When Jesus asscended back to heaven, he turned into a white light!
It also say that God has a Mind, or Word, that was with God in the Beginning, and was God, and created everything!
This Word is Jesus.
The 3rd thing God has id a Spirit that can leave YHWH's space to enter into creation and hover above the waters of a newly created Earth, or it can enter into a man such as David and Samson. This spirit can also create such as Jesus was created with the Holy Spirit.

Great!
So, Man has a Spirit, a Body and a Mind, thesefore this is what is meant that God created man in his immage.

But this is where it all started. After God created Man to be his friend, man used their free will and tried to become God himself when Satan told him all he had to do was to eat the fruit og knowledge of Good and bad. Little did he know that he was doomed and Adam lost his original Immortality, and started to age and eventyally died. God created him immortal, but one attribute of man was now doomed. the Physical body was corrupted to die, after loosing his immortal body of light. Adam was previously clothed in Light, and for the first time realised he was now naked.

God had to slaughter animals to cover Adam, and this is where Blood sacrifice covered the corrupt body of Man.
The corrupt aeging body Man now lived in was not how God created Man, and corruption can not be in the presence of God for it will die and burn out.
This is why sacrifice was held covering the corrupt body of man with blood which somehow prevents the glory of God from destroying the human body.

Now, when man sinned, his two other attributes, Mind and Spirit continued to live, whilst his body aged and died.
This part of man were caught up in a place and could not exist from there.
Why?
because man needs a body where Mind and Spirit can live within.
God was the only one that could so to say, rescue man from his state of bodylessness, and God sent his Mind (Word) to become a man, and to die as man too end up where our Spirit and Mind was captive. Jesus, being God can not be kept in death where all men's spirit and Mind were residing, and He rose from the dead, creating a body that was immortal, covered with light to be the first man to enter the existance of YHWH.

This is a simplified expalnation of everything the Bible tells us about Man and God.
it encompasses the Trinity, and explains that too.

Therefore, the Trinity is one of salvation.
and The Trinity is Mind Boddy and Spirit.
let me explain.
The Father is the Existance, taking space, the body of light.
The Word is the Mind, the total knowledge.
The Spirit, well isthe Spirit that creates with the Mind that works in creation.
Therefore, if one were to compare the Trinity, YHWH with say Allah of Islam, one will see that Allah does not exist.
Allah does not have a Body of Light, therefore no space.
Allah does not have a Spirit, therefore he is dead. only living things has a Spirit.
Allah surely does not have a Mind, or Word, therefore Allah is a Mindless god.

Allah therefore is a God with zero existance, that is dead, with no mind at all.
Greetings

syo

After God created Man to be his friend, man used their free will and tried to become God himself
Thank you for the analysis!
The story that human fell and our bodies are full of death, isn't it kind of depressing? Should we hate our bodies???

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The Christian God is actually verry simple to understand.

You have an odd idea of simplicity.

God had to slaughter animals to cover Adam, and this is where Blood sacrifice covered the corrupt body of Man.
The corrupt aeging body Man now lived in was not how God created Man, and corruption can not be in the presence of God for it will die and burn out.
This is why sacrifice was held covering the corrupt body of man with blood which somehow prevents the glory of God from destroying the human body.

Now, when man sinned, his two other attributes, Mind and Spirit continued to live, whilst his body aged and died.
This part of man were caught up in a place and could not exist from there.
Why?
because man needs a body where Mind and Spirit can live within.
God was the only one that could so to say, rescue man from his state of bodylessness, and God sent his Mind (Word) to become a man, and to die as man too end up where our Spirit and Mind was captive. Jesus, being God can not be kept in death where all men's spirit and Mind were residing, and He rose from the dead, creating a body that was immortal, covered with light to be the first man to enter the existance of YHWH.

This bizarre and convoluted story tells me that your god is bloodthirsty and unjust.

David J

Not sure what you mean, 'What about them?'
These are questions that can be answered from the Bible, if that's what you mean.

It's relevant to the post.

Can you
I know God exists and see His signs within myself and all around me.

It’s too obvious to me however the light of the sun can be so bright that it can blind some to its very existence.

I'm jealous of your gift.

Don't get how that works:
Q: Why is there a God who created everything?
A: Love.

But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you, that you may be children of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
Mat. 5:44-45

Because of that, I think love is the reason.

So - the concepts of goodness and justice are somehow independent of god? Where did they come from, then?

I think God has defined them.

SA Huguenot

Thank you for the analysis!
The story that human fell and our bodies are full of death, isn't it kind of depressing? Should we hate our bodies???
if one think about what bodies we had when created, Indeed this one is one of corruption.
This was why so many Christian martyrs in the first 300 years of Christianity never minded to die knowing they will acchieve much better.
I remember sone French princess who was tortured, and eventually burned on the stake for refusing to eat pork under the spanish inquisition questioning.
She was pregnant, they bured her feet in fire with iron shoes, placed her on the rack, sharp cloth down her throat with water dripping in her braced mouth, once filled with a galon of water, they jerked the cloth out of her throat which was then in her belly, then they bushed her belly to burst, all this when her unborn child was in the 6th months of pregnancy.
Her words was, take this corrupt and vile body, I will achieve an eternal one soon.
This what I told you in a summary, was common knowledge in the Christian's education.
We lost this knowledge through our Churches turning into political correct puppets of states.

SA Huguenot

You have an odd idea of simplicity.

This bizarre and convoluted story tells me that your god is bloodthirsty and unjust.
That will be the position of someone who has the free right to choose between cursing God, and Loving Him.
The God I know was Bloodthirsty, indeed.
So bloodthirsty that He came to earth to give His blood for you to attain eternal life!
You can decide to have it, or to discard it.
Thats why Jesus said if you believe in him, you will have eternal life, if you dont, you condemned yourself!
God will not condemn you, you do it

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
So bloodthirsty that He came to earth to give His blood for you to attain eternal life!

Who made the rules and demanded blood in the first place? This bizarre story of god making itself human and then ensuring that it died a horrible death, and that somehow meaning that we could all be forgiven for something that wasn't our fault in the first place, has nothing to do with love or justice in any rational or normal sense.

Thats why Jesus said if you believe in him, you will have eternal life, if you dont, you condemned yourself!

And it just gets worse: we have to believe this bizarre and nonsensical story as well!

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is
I believe in God but sometimes I ask myself these questions:

1. Why is there a God who created everything? Why is there no God and therefore nothing?

Can God the Almighty give his omnipotence to another? If not, is he Almighty at all?

Do you sometimes ask yourselves questions that no one can answer? If so, what kind of questions?

1. God. Left you to wonder.

2. God. Left life.

3. God. "imponently hammers at himself in vain to dust". Still here

Bounded by turbulance and accepts.

nPeace

Veteran Member
It's relevant to the post.
Ah. I think I understand now.
You really intended to respond to the OP, saying that those are questions you ask.
Because you addressed me, I was not sure if you were asking me if these were questions that couldn't be answered, or needed to be asked.
Now I understand. No problem.

I can help you with the answers to the questions.
Enoch, Abraham. Isaac, Noah and others are said to have walked with God, but not like how we would walk with someone, of course. It was figurative.
God's walking in the garden was figurative also evidently.

Since all men originated from one source (Acts 17:26 .And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, . . .), there was one language. How men came to speak different language would seem a huge mystery, outside the explanation given at Genesis 11.
It's not a genetic thing, nor does it have anything to do with an evolving brain.
I still speak English from birth, and I am sure if I lived a billion years, I would not suddenly start speaking some strange tongue, nor would my offspring.

Human behavior is learned, but we know genes play a role in the disposition and behavior of offspring. So, we can understand how traits were inherited from Adam and Eve, and how human behavior would be copied, and enhanced, in a never-ending cycle...
Of course, until God makes all things new.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

These questions assume that a god exists and that if a god would not exist, then nothing would exist.
Both these assumptions are without justification.

Is he?

Can God make a rock so heavy that even he can't lift it?

I don't really see the point in dwelling on questions that are unanswerable.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I agree.
It seems to me that god is the answer to the question "Why is there something, rather than nothing?"

God is a something. So god can't be the answer to that question.
The question asks for an explanation for why something exists rather then nothing. God is part of the "something" that exists (if he exists), for which an explanation is asked.

So, if "god" is the answer to that question, then the question is basically being answered like this:

Q: "why is there something and not nothing?"
A: "because there is something".

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I've been reading a book lately by one of my favorite theologians. One of the things they observe - and that I agree with - is that one of the major thrusts of religion is to wrestle with big questions.
Which religions do that?

I'm sure that some do, but it seems to me that the bigger ones don't, so I'm not sure how it could qualify as "one of the major thrusts of religion."