• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for atheists who is yoir experts on the topic god?

David T

Premium Member
First if ypu are a believer in god i wont even address your posting here. I actually could care less about believers. Belief unto itself is dumb regardless of topic especially in context to the topic god.

That said i do question a part of atheists claims. If i say "i believe the sun is guided by magical charriots" And you respond" thats nonsense therefore the sun does not exist" i find that overly reliant on crackpots to make any determination about anything.

The term god which usually means "my cranium with its intellectual power determines god" is nonsense fundementally its not even wrong. The actual reality of the term is related to experience.

Our belief, non belief, agnosticism is irelevant both in context to the term nature or god which is infact identical with simply two words created for a singularity so i suppose we can debate that illusion. Thats what RF generally really is.

I repsect atheists discounting of belief i dont pay any attention to your non belief. I understand atheism as a coping mechanism to "belief" in Religion is all. Your experts on the topic "GOD" believers in religion, are not reliable experts on the topic at all. They understand close to Zero to the degree they are not even wrong. Generally. They are "normal" and so is atheism.

sooda

Veteran Member
First if ypu are a believer in god i wont even address your posting here. I actually could care less about believers. Belief unto itself is dumb regardless of topic especially in context to the topic god.

That said i do question a part of atheists claims. If i say "i believe the sun is guided by magical charriots" And you respond" thats nonsense therefore the sun does not exist" i find that overly reliant on crackpots to make any determination about anything.

The term god which usually means "my cranium with its intellectual power determines god" is nonsense fundementally its not even wrong. The actual reality of the term is related to experience.

Our belief, non belief, agnosticism is irelevant both in context to the term nature or god which is infact identical with simply two words created for a singularity so i suppose we can debate that illusion. Thats what RF generally really is.

I repsect atheists discounting of belief i dont pay any attention to your non belief. I understand atheism as a coping mechanism to "belief" in Religion is all. Your experts on the topic "GOD" believers in religion, are not reliable experts on the topic at all. They understand close to Zero to the degree they are not even wrong. Generally. They are "normal" and so is atheism.

I'm lost. Why would an atheist have an expert on God?

Nimos

As the others Im not 100% sure what the question is? But based on the headline I assume you ask what our sources are? If that is indeed your question, then its mainly the bible (If its Christianity, which is what my main focus is on), otherwise lectures and debates I find on the internet, both from atheists and religious people, and people without obvious agendas such as University lectures where they just explain history etc. But again, my main source is the religious materials it self.

David T

Premium Member
As the others Im not 100% sure what the question is? But based on the headline I assume you ask what our sources are? If that is indeed your question, then its mainly the bible (If its Christianity, which is what my main focus is on), otherwise lectures and debates I find on the internet, both from atheists and religious people, and people without obvious agendas such as University lectures where they just explain history etc. But again, my main source is the religious materials it self.
since we know religion is confused on the text. Then we can discount that. Since the intellect has zero to do with the topic actually how does an intellectuaized "no agenda" individual have ang more capacity than a theological prifessor. I mean really bias is bias regardless.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I am. I've pursued God through many different beliefs and have experienced God in many different forms. I've found God can be whatever I want God to me. I create God and have the ability to experience my creation. Who better the authority/expert than the creator of God? That's me.

I understand, different beliefs have their scripture about God. Still it is the individual who takes that scripture and creates a God concept from it. As I am the expert on all of the Gods I have created, you are also the expert on the God you create.

siti

I think he's asking why - if we reject belief, are we depending on someone who believes to define what we don't believe? The real "experts" are "mystics" who experience "the ultimate reality" aka (for some people at least) "God" directly for themselves. How can you disbelieve something for which you have only a believers invalid conception and zero experience of?

Well - I don't suppose I've made it much clearer have I? But I think I know what he means. I might be an "atheist" that has experienced "God". Weird isn't it? But I certainly get how difficult it is to put into words. And if someone doesn't have that problem, I don't think that person knows "God" well enough to decide whether they "believe" or "disbelieve" - whereas if you do - it no longer matters - belief/disbelief are irrelevant.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

You're a bit in gibberish territory. I can't quite follow what you're trying to relate .

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I see God as a mental puppet. It's like a personification made in third person.

You could probably compare it to a ventriloquist with his dummy for which the latter essentially becomes alive in the mind of the person pulling the strings and a relationship is struck .

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

You said you won't respond to believers. How about megalomaniacs like me?

You do pose some interesting questions - the kind of questions that never really get resolved with both parties saying I am obvioulsy right and you are mistaken (or worse)

For what it is worth - I rarely think or reflect or meditate on God specifically. The Buddhist teachings I find very useful - if you can't handle the idea of a bungling personal needy Gawd but you still want some advice on character development.

Am I makin any sense at all - it is hard for me to tell at times - I just type whatever happens to pop into my head.

If you want some idea of what Buddhist psychology is all about - you could do a LOT worse than consult "The Lost Art of Compassion" by Lorne Ladner

Enjoy your day!

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Wait I think I get it. he is saying that those who define the term God (theists) are full of ****, so why do atheist accept the terms and definitions that theists make up since it nothing but a bunch of bull****. Blah blah blah

Milton Platt

It isn't a coping mechanism...it's a lack of belief in the claim that a god exists. this due to very little and very poor evidence for a very extraordinary claim. I don't actually understand the rest of your post. maybe you can reformulate it.