• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proving that God is Imaginary by Logic

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Do I consider myself neither and atheist or a religious person? I am neither.

Am I not of this realm? Temporarily. Can't wait to leave.

Am I something other? Yes.

Am I something special? No.

Humanity simply is what it is? That's what serial killers say.

Humanity was created and it evolved, both.

The best thing to do is find out something about humanity? No, that is not the best thing. I already know enough about humanity. The best thing is to get as far away from you as possible because you're really, really, really bad.

You assure me that I know very little about human nature? During the Serbian civil war many people were starving. A US Navy helicopter landed and offloaded food packages. The people ran and fought for those simple packages. A child happened to sneak in and grab one, just one mind you, and she turned to run away but a man grabbed the package from her and pulled it away and left with it. The child turned around to get another one but they were all gone. The US Navy door gunner was about to leave the aircraft and tackle the man and return it to the little girl but the helicopter had to leave immediately.

The CEO of St. Judes Childrens Hospital used to earn $400,000 a year. That's a lot of money. Then Rich Eisen, a host on the NFL Network, started promoting St. Jude's Charity and suddenly the amount of money coming in was double so St. Jude's doubled the income of the CEO from $400k a year to $800k a year. He didn't cure cancer or do anything, there was just more money coming in so they gave some of it to the super rich healthy guy instead of sending all of it to the kids with cancer.

The area directors of the Red Cross earn from $300,000 a year to over $500,000 while most of the workers are volunteers.

Jeff Bezo's is the world's richest man, worth somewhere between $50 billion and maybe $75 billion. He might become the worlds first trillionaire. During the Covid thing some of his workers took time off work. Jeff Bezo's started an online fund where people could donate money to them. He felt the rest of us should donate money to help his workers, but not him.

I know people too well. If you want to hear more stories just let me know. I have hundreds of them.
You make me very sad. To enumerate the actions of several, or dozens, or even hundreds, does not speak to all of humanity. I could easily do as much with people who have sacrificed much more than they could afford in the service of people -- and I would not then point to them and say "that's what humanity is about."

My father never saw my infant face, and my step-father nearly killed me twice before I was 7 years old, when I was removed from the family forever by the courts. I grew up in hated institutions and foster homes (40 of them). And yet, I also came across people who helped me inestimably. One, who I hold to this very day in great esteem, was a minister of the United Church of Canada. He didn't care that I was an atheist, by the way.

You know, I don't think it's got so much to do with what's in the hearts of those humans that you hate -- rather I think it has to do with what's in yours. In spite of what happened to me, I am a humanist and believe in the essential goodness of our species (without being convinced of any "perfection" we might aspire to).

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And now?

And did you never think that "I have no reason to doubt" is only one half of thinking, the other half being, "do I have any reason to be certain?"

At 17, you don't have much world experience. More likely to believe someone claiming to know the truth, might actually know the truth.

Also, even in Christianity, God is described in terms of light. Jesus said he was the "light" of the world so when someone shows you this light you're inclined to believe this is what the Bible referred to.

You grow up with all these authority figures telling you there's a God. Go to school, pledge allegiance under God. You are surrounded by affirmations of there being a God. You expect they all got their certainty. There be something wrong with uncertainty.

Do I have reason to be certain? I was surrounded certain folks plus, what I saw seemed to match what was in the Bible. Now, later, much later I question, just it matches what most say about God, doesn't mean it is God.

For example, maybe Trump is a really nice guy, a perfect role model. The problem is your assumptions of what a nice guy/role model are.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Stories teach but you have to be able to understand them to learn from them. Nobody can teach you anything if you think you already know everything.

There is no knowledge about God that is majority accepted by the religions? That doesn't mean that God doesn't exist. Also, many accepted scientific beliefs are going to be found to be incorrect in the next 50 years.
I take that as a "yes".
Are there any atheists who aren't selfish psychopathic cry babies? The typical atheist: Me Nog. Me smart (as drool pours out of his mouth). Me want universe my way.
Interesting. I have always seen (some) theists that way. Most atheists are content with a "live and let live" position. It's always the theists who cross the line and we non-believers have to defend ourselves.

Super Universe

Defender of God
You make me very sad. To enumerate the actions of several, or dozens, or even hundreds, does not speak to all of humanity. I could easily do as much with people who have sacrificed much more than they could afford in the service of people -- and I would not then point to them and say "that's what humanity is about."

My father never saw my infant face, and my step-father nearly killed me twice before I was 7 years old, when I was removed from the family forever by the courts. I grew up in hated institutions and foster homes (40 of them). And yet, I also came across people who helped me inestimabely. One, who I hold to this very day in great esteem, was a minister of the United Church of Canada. He didn't care that I was an atheist, by the way.

You know, I don't think it's got so much to do with what's in the hearts of those humans that you hate -- rather I think it has to do with what's in yours. In spite of what happened to me, I am a humanist and believe in the essential goodness of our species (without being convinced of any "perfection" we might aspire to).

A few bad stories does not mean that all of humanity is bad? Go study history. There are more than a few hundred stories.

Your step-father was abusive and you grew up in foster homes? I wish I could have had that life. I would have gone to a foster home any day if I knew that was an option.

I don't hate humans, well, maybe I do, I don't know, it's pretty bad. I hate the really bad ones, serial killers, child molesters, child abusers, extreme control freaks, but most of you I just pity.

It's about what's in your own heart? You can sugar coat sh** all you want but it's just sh** with sugar on top.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I take that as a "yes".

Interesting. I have always seen (some) theists that way. Most atheists are content with a "live and let live" position. It's always the theists who cross the line and we non-believers have to defend ourselves.

Your opinion is that theists are primitives? Without a doubt. Stone to death the adultress, but not the man sleeping with the adultress. Then, wait, wait, we're not stoning to death people anymore. God must have been wrong but He can't be wrong because He's perfect so, we don't know. Their own religious ideas don't make any sense. They just follow it because they think God will reward them and make them rich.

Most atheists are content with "live and let live" position? If you are talking about out in society, then I agree with you. If you are talking about RF, then I have to disagree with you. On RF the atheists gang up on the theists and run them away. There used to be many more theists, Muslims, Mormons, on RF. Now this place is atheist central. Atheists don't have the rules that theists have on RF. You can report me at any time for Proselytizing (trust me, I get reported anytime and atheist loses an argument) while I cannot report you for it because atheists can't proselytize.

Years ago there was one very angry atheist girl who started a thread entitled "Jesus body was eaten by dogs."

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
Your opinion is that theists are primitives? Without a doubt. Stone to death the adultress, but not the man sleeping with the adultress. Then, wait, wait, we're not stoning to death people anymore. God must have been wrong but He can't be wrong because He's perfect so, we don't know. Their own religious ideas don't make any sense. They just follow it because they think God will reward them and make them rich.

Most atheists are content with "live and let live" position? If you are talking about out in society, then I agree with you. If you are talking about RF, then I have to disagree with you. On RF the atheists gang up on the theists and run them away. There used to be many more theists, Muslims, Mormons, on RF. Now this place is atheist central. Atheists don't have the rules that theists have on RF. You can report me at any time for Proselytizing (trust me, I get reported anytime and atheist loses an argument) while I cannot report you for it because atheists can't proselytize.

Years ago there was one very angry atheist girl who started a thread entitled "Jesus body was eaten by dogs."

I'm not sure you're even forming arguments anymore. I don't want to come across as condescending, but please don't torment yourself over this thread. It's not worth the toll on your mental health. You sound hurt and continuing this conversation when you're already wounded isn't going to be helpful for anyone and it could just cause more pain.

I think we would all be interested in picking up this conversation at a later date if you feel comfortable returning to it after a break.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
A few bad stories does not mean that all of humanity is bad? Go study history. There are more than a few hundred stories.

Your step-father was abusive and you grew up in foster homes? I wish I could have had that life. I would have gone to a foster home any day if I knew that was an option.

I don't hate humans, well, maybe I do, I don't know, it's pretty bad. I hate the really bad ones, serial killers, child molesters, child abusers, extreme control freaks, but most of you I just pity.

It's about what's in your own heart? You can sugar coat sh** all you want but it's just sh** with sugar on top.
I am truly sorry...I have nothing to offer you at all. This sort of thing over the internet is truly hopeless.

And yet, I know as much as anybody how much hope can accomplish. And forgiveness...that's powerful too. I wish I could share that with you.

Rational Agnostic

Fascinating, so what part(s) of the video you posted do you actually agree with?

I agree with the Emperor having no clothes analogy, the problem of evil argument, and the argument that the fact that gods are imperceptible by the senses indicates that they likely don't exist, or at the very least that we can't know they do exist.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I'm not sure you're even forming arguments anymore. I don't want to come across as condescending, but please don't torment yourself over this thread. It's not worth the toll on your mental health. You sound hurt and continuing this conversation when you're already wounded isn't going to be helpful for anyone and it could just cause more pain.

I think we would all be interested in picking up this conversation at a later date if you feel comfortable returning to it after a break.

The devil worshipper wants to counsel me, hehe... Only on RF can that happen.

You're not sure I'm forming arguments anymore? Debates evolve, we're in the "My story is worse than your story part," kind of like the movie Deadpool, "I slept in a dishwasher box." "You had a dishwasher!"

As for me being hurt, I think you've greatly misunderstood. This is not my "Come to Jesus" moment, it's yours. I'm not here to be the lamb or the sheep, I come to bring the sword to all the old ways and old ideas and outdated rituals.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I am truly sorry...I have nothing to offer you at all. This sort of thing over the internet is truly hopeless.

And yet, I know as much as anybody how much hope can accomplish. And forgiveness...that's powerful too. I wish I could share that with you.

You're truly sorry? Don't try to fix people, you can't do that.

What hope did you have growing up? Just hope for a better life?

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
The devil worshipper wants to counsel me, hehe... Only on RF can that happen.

You're not sure I'm forming arguments anymore? Debates evolve, we're in the "My story is worse than your story part," kind of like the movie Deadpool, "I slept in a dishwasher box." "You had a dishwasher!"

As for me being hurt, I think you've greatly misunderstood. This is not my "Come to Jesus" moment, it's yours. I'm not here to be the lamb or the sheep, I come to bring the sword to all the old ways and old ideas and outdated rituals.

I'm sorry, but the only person you're bringing the sword to is yourself.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Now go outside on a dark Kansas afternoon, and notice that swirling funnel approaching with a noise like a freight train -- your analogy seems to suggest that some actual person has to be held accountable. Any idea who you'd care to blame?
the earth has been churning from the beginning
even before this particular planet took form

the churning will continue
our presence will not stop that
and our existence requires the churning to continue

Man was made to live in this world

you wanna blame God?....fine
you wanna hold Him responsible?.....go ahead and try

Super Universe

Defender of God
I'm sorry, but the only person you're bringing the sword to is yourself.

I'm bringing the sword to myself? Jesus said "If your eye deceives you then cut it out." Maybe that's why Van Gogh cut the tip of his ear off?

I'm not afraid of you humans. Not afraid of atheists or devil worshippers or Luciferians, not even Jehovah's Witnesses scare me anymore, they used to when they were bigger than I was but not now. Catholics are creepy though, you never know where the bishops hands have been, you know?