• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proving that God is Imaginary by Logic

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Okay, let's begin there:

What does God look like, if you can see him?
Intense white light
What does God sound like, if you can hear him?
Like an infinite number of bells all ringing at the same time.
What does God feel like, if you can touch him?
The pressure of the air as you breathe in and out
What does God taste like, if you can taste him?
Well, it's supposed to be nectar/honey to me it was more of just a sweet taste.

We need to stop you here for a bit of a logical question: if this "virtual reality" is created by our brains, where exactly are these "external stimuli" coming from? There is nothing "external" in a reality created only by the brain.

I never said there was nothing external to us. Only that our conscious awareness lives in a kind of virtual reality created by the brain. The brain uses external and internal stimulus to create our conscious experience.

I think this is incorrect. You know from dreaming, or trying to navigate familiar spaces in complete darkness, that your brain recreates really, really imprecise models of the reality you think it remembers.

Can you imagine a couch? Picture it in your head. Make it green or blue or pink. Well, I don't know how good you are at visualization but if you can, where is the external stimulus for this image that you see?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Nope.
Do you think extra-dimensional unicorns or undetectable dragons or gravity regulating pixies or alien abductions are plausible or possible? I'm guessing you don't. Yet, there is no evidence against them.

Once again, the plausibility / possibility of a claim isn't assessed by the lack of evidence against them, but by the existance of the evidence FOR them.

Which isn't relevant at all to the point being discussed.

Indeed. There is zero evidence for such, thus we have no reason to believe or think they exist.

The human collective.

Off course I can, in this context.
No human has valid evidence for the existance of non-material beings.

Not me, not you, not the pope or anyone else.

Sure, there's quite a lot that I don't know.
Doesn't matter. What matters to the point, is that such evidence does not exist.

If emotions are not functions of a material brain, then what are they and what is your evidence in support of that?

Yes.

And emotions. And through experiment and research, neurologists figure out which part of the brain is responsible for what. The scan posted, shows the parts responsible for love.

How the Brain Processes Emotions

No.

Well, yes. They have the same evidence in support of them (none) and you insist that your claims not being disproven means that they are plausible. Undetectable dragons can't be disproven either.

Que?

So you just determined that I'm unable to love?

:rolleyes:

No. To me love is an emotion. Like hate, anger, happyness, depression, jealousy, etc.
That they occur in the brain, is just the explanation thereof. It doesn't take away its value or reality.

If there were valid evidence, you'ld be able to share it. So please do.

In the words of Bill Nye (the science guy): "Do you believe in ghosts? well... no.... however, I would love to see one. So bring it on!"

But nobody ever does.......

Indeed. This is exactly what confimation bias is.
So by your own acknowledgement, I was right in that evaluation. It means that your reasons for belief are fallacious. Confirmation bias is not a good thing, when the goal is to hold as many true beliefs as possible and the least false beliefs as possible...

Those that are supported by valid evidence.

Not at all. If you wish to know what my beliefs are concerning gods and why, you should ask me instead of just guessing.

So the answer isn't simply a resounding "no"?
Owkay then. :rolleyes:

So really... you are just gullible then I guess...

Let's go a step further.
Do you believe in Allah and mohammed as his prophet?
Do you believe in Lord Shiva and Krishna?
Do you believe in Lord Xenu and your inner thetan (scientology)?

All these have the same amount of evidence as alien abductions and bigfoot.
So, you believe them all?

Not the same thing. Crimes and indefensible beliefs aren't the same thing.
One deals with real-world behaviour with real-world immoral consequenses and real-word societal organization for the sake of real-world societal well-being and safety.
While the other deals with mere beliefs and indefensible, unsupportable claims of unsupportable consequences.

If you can't see the difference between "there will be consequences if you engage in robbery" on the one hand and "you need to believe this indefensible, unsupportable claim or great undemonstrable calamity will befall you", then I can't help you.

Yep. You happily and proudly acknowledge that you operate through confirmation bias.

Nope.

If something is invisible and undectable, then it isn't detectable to anyone by definition.

Neither are you. Neither is the solar system. Neither is the milky way even.
The entire milky way can disappear tomorrow and the universe would be virtually the same. :)

Do I think extra dimensional unicorns exist? Yes, somewhere.

Do undetectable dragons exist? I think they are only undetectable by atheists.

Do I think gravity pixies exist? They are actually Master Eventuated Master Force Organizers and yes, they exist.

My evidence is the universe, what is yours?

You being insignificant is irrelevant? It's actually very relevant. Any angry child can have a temper tantrum.

We have zero evidence of non-material beings? There are many books, many personal encounters, and actually many videos on the internet.

We is the human collective? You don't speak for humanity. You don't even speak for the 10% who are atheists.

No human has valid evidence for the existance of non-material beings? You have made a claim, do you have any evidence to support this claim? Also, you might want to look at the video of the ISS astronaut who looks up to the window and suddenly starts screaming. I wonder what she saw out there?

There's quite a lot you don't know? I can't even post the total number of zero's that would correctly represent the tiny amount of information that you know about the universe.

Do I have any evidence that emotions are not functions of the brain? While you are stuck as a human your emotions are functions of chemicals (hormones or drugs) but when you die and wake up in your soul body your emotions will be code, kind of like Neo in the Matrix. He was code but he had emotions.

A brain scan is evidence of emotions? It's evidence of the receipt of an idea.

Undetectable dragons can't be disproven either? Not by someone who's detector doesn't work.

The PEMFO's go out and bring about matter from the matrix. Space is the matrix.

I determined that you are unable to love? I really think all of you atheists are psychopaths.

To you love is an emotion? That's the way a robot would describe it.

Is there valid evidence for angels? Not for you.

My reason's for belief are the universe. What's your reason for not believing?

I am gullible? Better than being angry.

Do I believe in Allah? Yes, I believe in God. In Spain you ask for agua, in Germany it's wasser, in English it's water. Does the water change to suit the different name?

Do I believe that Mohammad is God's prophet? God does not interfere but the angel did give Mohammad revelation. All prophet's received revelation from angels, not God.

Do I believe in Lord Shiva and Krishna? Primitive ideas of God that need an update.

Do I believe in Lord Xenu? That's an idea that Lafayete Ronnie invented.

All of these have the same evidence as alien abductions and bigfoot? Once again, I believe in things that fit with what I know. You don't know what I know. I believe in things that I really, really, really don't like. You disbelieve in things BECAUSE you really, really, really don't like them.

The point about the criminal is that he does not fear jail, he is a criminal, he thinks he won't get caught. Atheists can't fear God because they don't believe He exists. No one is promoting fear tactics to you.

I can't test something that is invisible and undetectable? But then I can never say that it does not exist either.

If something is invisible and undetectable then no one can detect it? Ever know someone who is blind? So the rest of us can't see because the blind person can't?

I'm not important to the universe. I know, and my universe is probably 100 times larger than yours is.

You're very angry. Some Christians did some bad things to you. I think you should say ten "Hail Mary's" and then go kick the trash can and get over it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Do I think extra dimensional unicorns exist? Yes, somewhere.

Do undetectable dragons exist? I think they are only undetectable by atheists.

Do I think gravity pixies exist? They are actually Master Eventuated Master Force Organizers and yes, they exist.

My evidence is the universe, what is yours?

You being insignificant is irrelevant? It's actually very relevant. Any angry child can have a temper tantrum.

We have zero evidence of non-material beings? There are many books, many personal encounters, and actually many videos on the internet.

We is the human collective? You don't speak for humanity. You don't even speak for the 10% who are atheists.

No human has valid evidence for the existance of non-material beings? You have made a claim, do you have any evidence to support this claim? Also, you might want to look at the video of the ISS astronaut who looks up to the window and suddenly starts screaming. I wonder what she saw out there?

There's quite a lot you don't know? I can't even post the total number of zero's that would correctly represent the tiny amount of information that you know about the universe.

Do I have any evidence that emotions are not functions of the brain? While you are stuck as a human your emotions are functions of chemicals (hormones or drugs) but when you die and wake up in your soul body your emotions will be code, kind of like Neo in the Matrix. He was code but he had emotions.

A brain scan is evidence of emotions? It's evidence of the receipt of an idea.

Undetectable dragons can't be disproven either? Not by someone who's detector doesn't work.

The PEMFO's go out and bring about matter from the matrix. Space is the matrix.

I determined that you are unable to love? I really think all of you atheists are psychopaths.

To you love is an emotion? That's the way a robot would describe it.

Is there valid evidence for angels? Not for you.

My reason's for belief are the universe. What's your reason for not believing?

I am gullible? Better than being angry.

Do I believe in Allah? Yes, I believe in God. In Spain you ask for agua, in Germany it's wasser, in English it's water. Does the water change to suit the different name?

Do I believe that Mohammad is God's prophet? God does not interfere but the angel did give Mohammad revelation. All prophet's received revelation from angels, not God.

Do I believe in Lord Shiva and Krishna? Primitive ideas of God that need an update.

Do I believe in Lord Xenu? That's an idea that Lafayete Ronnie invented.

All of these have the same evidence as alien abductions and bigfoot? Once again, I believe in things that fit with what I know. You don't know what I know. I believe in things that I really, really, really don't like. You disbelieve in things BECAUSE you really, really, really don't like them.

The point about the criminal is that he does not fear jail, he is a criminal, he thinks he won't get caught. Atheists can't fear God because they don't believe He exists. No one is promoting fear tactics to you.

I can't test something that is invisible and undetectable? But then I can never say that it does not exist either.

If something is invisible and undetectable then no one can detect it? Ever know someone who is blind? So the rest of us can't see because the blind person can't?

I'm not important to the universe. I know, and my universe is probably 100 times larger than yours is.

This is going nowhere. You just keep repeating your strawmen in dogmatic stubborness and insist on ignoring what I actually say. I see no point in continuing this exchange.

You're very angry. Some Christians did some bad things to you. I think you should say ten "Hail Mary's" and then go kick the trash can and get over it.

And such juvenile strawmen, only make it even worse.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I think this is a good video. Of course it is not a rigorous logical proof, but it is a good, commonsense video overall. I have no doubt that many religious people will not like it, but probably not be able to offer a sound refutation. Thoughts?

Of course it is logical if one manages to ignore the facts and just sees things the way they want to see them.

I hear from God and that is a fact. His concept that it doesn't happen is a priori.

Muffled

Jesus in me
That was so awful and repetitive I couldn't make it to the end, sorry.

God/Brahman/Consciousness is not material in my view. It seems this author is on-board with me on that point.

I agree, I couldn't make it to the end because the logic was so childish and materialistic.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Proving that God is Imaginary by Logic

Step 1, as logical step, would be to define "GOD" first. A definition all agree on.

Has that problem already been solved?

To define something, that is per definition "beyond definition" seems problematic

So, best to let go logic, when talking about God

John defines Him as Word.