• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

proof of the true God?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Naw. Retorical question. Wouldnt the truth of god be in you?
I find ' truth ' was Not in the first-century Pharisees, so the 'truth of God/god' was Not in those corrupted religious leaders.
Biblical truth would set us free from what is false.

We all have a 'traitor' inside of us:
The figurative heart tells us to do something, and after we have done it, then it gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place. So, the ' truth of god?God ' is not naturally in us.
I find Jesus taught 'Not the truth of God within ' but what is inside can defile a person.
- Mark 7:20-23

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I find ' truth ' was Not in the first-century Pharisees, so the 'truth of God/god' was Not in those corrupted religious leaders.
Biblical truth would set us free from what is false.

We all have a 'traitor' inside of us:
The figurative heart tells us to do something, and after we have done it, then it gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place. So, the ' truth of god?God ' is not naturally in us.
I find Jesus taught 'Not the truth of God within ' but what is inside can defile a person.
- Mark 7:20-23

Um. I cant see the connection. I was telling DPMartin that maybe the truth is in him*. He didnt define what truth was; so, I dont see how you connect what he said with my statement/question.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Um. I cant see the connection. I was telling DPMartin that maybe the truth is in him*. He didnt define what truth was; so, I dont see how you connect what he said with my statement/question.

Thank you for your reply. It was a general response that truth comes from within in post # 101.
Should have been more clear meaning that none of us find ' truth ' from within oneself.
Sure, once we find the ' truth ' then we can take in the ' truth ' , but 'truth' does Not originate from within.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Thank you for your reply. It was a general response that truth comes from within in post # 101.
Should have been more clear meaning that none of us find ' truth ' from within oneself.
Sure, once we find the ' truth ' then we can take in the ' truth ' , but 'truth' does Not originate from within.

Thats not a fact, though. Everything we experience, perceive, eve pain, comes from how we think and personify things. The truth comes from within is when we, ourselves, come to an awakening-point of self. We understand by feeling and thought the world around us and in some people their place. It is not external. External things can influence this but its not the source.

There is no external source to truth. If you took the external source away, for example, all you have is you. Its you who needs to be comfortable with truth and reality. Dependence on anything outside is more co-dependence. Something you feel you cant live without. Things change, form into something else, and come out of our know existence into anothers.

Sometimes external things help but I would not mistake them for the source. That is from personal experience of both mental and physical brain issues, experiences with life, and just different forms of spirituality Ive experienced, different religious books, and being around people in general.

When you do that, you get see a pattern in peoples natures-atheist included-and its something to see on the outside and something I am also apart of.

But, in my opinion, you cant get to that enligthenment when youre depend on things that change. Kind of like trying to stand on a high wire thinking because you are standing on a rope, it wont rock from under you.

DPMartin

Which part of what I said are you referring to, the part about proof of God or the part about the Messengers being the evidence?
Nobody told me there is no proof that God exists, but if there was proof wouldn't everyone believe in God?
Do you see any proof of God?

As far as the Messengers of God are concerned they are direct evidence of God. Nobody told me that but it is obvious if one looks at their lives, their Missions,their scriptures, and the religions they established.

Of course none of the Messengers wrote anything in their own Pens except the Bab and Baha'u'llah who are the best evidence that God exists the world has ever seen, as far as I am concerned. Their Writings alone would be enough evidence for me, but we also have their Missions and the Baha'i Faith, the religion that was established as a result of their coming.

anyway, the OP asks what proves a god to be the true God as in Creator and Judge. no questions about whether there is a god or not. anything worshiped can be a god so gods do exists as long as people worship them, but which god is the true Creator and Judge that exists no matter if He is worshiped or not?

if you look at what you've mentioned you might notice that there are those who have prophesied for gods you can't know and there are those who prophesied for the Living God you are supposed to know, and hear.

PureX

Veteran Member
If the bus kills you, it was God's will. If the bus driver sees and stops, that was also God's will. If everything that happens is God's will, how are you going to prove it's not?
And what difference would it make to us, anyway?

I agree. This "God's will" thing is a pointless tautology. But I also understand that a lot of humans need to believe that there is something 'in charge', and that it can be persuaded to help us when we are hurt or frightened.

DPMartin

anyway to those who responded or quoted any of my posting and i didn't respond i apologize this site runs adds in every blank space and more its cumbersome due to the connection i have so again sorry.

just for the record though, revelation of God is the proof of God and that He is the Creator and Judge. to know is to receive revelation and then you know. and that is the policy, if you will, of the Lord God of Israel in the name of Jesus Christ.

otherwise its purely speculation, based on hearsay.

PureX

Veteran Member
anyway to those who responded or quoted any of my posting and i didn't respond i apologize this site runs adds in every blank space and more its cumbersome due to the connection i have so again sorry.

just for the record though, revelation of God is the proof of God and that He is the Creator and Judge. to know is to receive revelation and then you know. and that is the policy, if you will, of the Lord God of Israel in the name of Jesus Christ.

otherwise its purely speculation, based on hearsay.
What we take as "revelation" could easily be false understanding. God may be infallible but we are not. Once we face and accept our own fallibility, we realize that ONLY by faith can we presume to "know God". And even then we are as likely to be wrong, as not.

DPMartin

What we take as "revelation" could easily be false understanding. God may be infallible but we are not. Once we face and accept our own fallibility, we realize that ONLY by faith can we presume to "know God". And even then we are as likely to be wrong, as not.

by grace through faith is not the question here. proof is the question. revelation is the proof. one can trust and or believe that some theory thy have is true. but once its proved by seeing that its true faith isn't involved any more then one knows that its true. hence the truth of the matter is revealed.

but if you can't perceive reality correctly, then that's another issue you should get taken care of.

PureX

Veteran Member
by grace through faith is not the question here. proof is the question. revelation is the proof.
"Proof" is a subjective criteria. We don't get to dictate to others what constitutes sufficient "proof", for them.
... one can trust and or believe that some theory they have is true. but once its proved by seeing that its true faith isn't involved any more then one knows that its true. hence the truth of the matter is revealed.
Since when is act of "seeing" the unequivocally the "truth revealed"? And how is it NOT faith that supposes such trust?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
anyway, the OP asks what proves a god to be the true God as in Creator and Judge. no questions about whether there is a god or not. anything worshiped can be a god so gods do exists as long as people worship them, but which god is the true Creator and Judge that exists no matter if He is worshiped or not?

if you look at what you've mentioned you might notice that there are those who have prophesied for gods you can't know and there are those who prophesied for the Living God you are supposed to know, and hear.
I do not know what you mean by gods. I believe that there is only One True God and that anything else in imaginary.

The only way we can “know” anything about the One True God is by knowing the Messengers that God sends who reveal scriptures.

I do not believe we can ever hear from the One True God. Only the Messengers of God can hear the Voice of God.

I believe that all prophecies in the Bible prophesize the Messengers of the One True God.

DPMartin

Knowing how much god hates homosexual sex, :mad: and that it's almost a given that every homosexual couple engage in it, :):) how can any Christian denomination or Jewish movement sanction same-sex marriages, in effect sanctioning homosexual sex?

Those religious Abrahamic religious organizations that sanction same-sex marriage.

Alliance of baptists
Conservative Judaism
Episcopal Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Reform Judaism
United Church of Christ (Congregational Church)
And perhaps the United Methodist Church (We'll know in February, 2019)

"Proof" is a subjective criteria. We don't get to dictate to others what constitutes sufficient "proof", for them.
Since when is act of "seeing" the unequivocally the "truth revealed"? And how is it NOT faith that supposes such trust?

talk to people who work in science the proof isn't the theory its the witnessing that its true.

DPMartin

I do not know what you mean by gods. I believe that there is only One True God and that anything else in imaginary.

The only way we can “know” anything about the One True God is by knowing the Messengers that God sends who reveal scriptures.

I do not believe we can ever hear from the One True God. Only the Messengers of God can hear the Voice of God.

I believe that all prophecies in the Bible prophesize the Messengers of the One True God.

no one in the context of what you say is going to argue whether the Lord sends messengers or not, but they carried proofs that they are the real deal also, don't they?

thing is, to rely on someone else to be close to God for you is a real bad idea, this is how the many are fooled. why, doesn't one have the time? this life in the flesh is to important to spend time making one's self available to the Lord God? did the Almighty tell you to go away to talk to Him don't liten for Him? i didn't read that in the Bible did you?

have you notice its those who teach you that let you believe one can't hear God.

PureX

Veteran Member
talk to people who work in science the proof isn't the theory its the witnessing that its true.
Science itself teaches us that "witnessing" changes "the truth". It's just one of several reasons why scientists don't make truth-claims, like philosophers do, but instead just share their observations and move on to the next questions.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I couldn't tell you, nor do I care. I don't worship or acknowledge your god - it is no "true god" to me.

But I have to ask - why do you ask the question anyway? I mean, my gods are sort of self-evident so asking for proof is really silly from the gate, but why do you ask for proof of your god?

I believe He may not be your God but He will be your Lord and determine your fate.

Muffled

Jesus in me
If a Loving Creator exists, and if it wanted us to have proof of its existence, we would have proof that would leave us no doubt. Therefore, either a Loving Creator doesn't exist or it has a good reason for keeping us in the dark about its existence.

If a Loving Creator exists and wants us to have free will along with moral guidance, we would be born with a simple, universal (meaning cross-cultural) moral guidance system. I think we probably have such a system -- and although it wouldn't be compelling evidence that a Loving Creator exists, it's enough to create the suspicion in my mind.

Over the last 30 years or so, science has been heading toward the intuitionist theory to explain conscience and away from the rationalist theory. This is the beginning of support for my hypothesis of a universal conscience. Here's a small sample:

From the New York Times: "According to Yale psychologist Paul Bloom, humans are born with a hard-wired morality. A deep sense of good and evil is bred in the bone. His research shows that babies and toddlers can judge the goodness and badness of others' actions; they want to reward the good and punish the bad; they act to help those in distress; they feel guilt, shame, pride, and righteous anger."

I believe my experience with God is that He lets us figure it out because the process can be entertaining and educational.

PureX

Veteran Member
I believe my experience with God is that He lets us figure it out because the process can be entertaining and educational.
...Or that 'He" just doesn't care, or that 'He' isn't there, at all.

I'm not trying to talk you out of having faith in God. I'm simply trying to point out and maintain the importance of honesty and humility when applying that faith.