• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Actions (Biden)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That one is absolutely terrific!
If there's any sincerity behind it. I'm suspicious.
He attacks for-profit prisons by criticizing policies
that also apply to government run prisons.
What good will it do to have the same governments
that have been doing a terrible job take over private
prisons?
Reform should be system wide...policing, courts,
judges, laws, sentencing, & prisons. Is this guy
the one to do the job....
The controversial 1994 crime law that Joe Biden helped write, explained

Consequences there are and will be.

But electric cars that recharge in 5 minutes are almost here. Alternatives to fossil fuels are cheaper in many instances.

In spite of everything Trump tried to do to return to the past, the future kept arriving and with President Biden's wonderful start, I'm hopeful that the worst visions of the future won't happen.
All the electric cars with no pollution sounds great, solar energy all great too. Has anyone solved the problems with the huge amount of land solar panels take compared to Nuclear power plants or other forms of energy and the environmental impact of disposing the used solar panels? It seems we jump ahead without considering the impact or practical application of our ideas. Good thing is that it seems like money isn’t a problem because we can print as much as we need to fund these projects, success or failure doesn’t matter as long as our intentions were good.
On another note, Gas furnaces are 96% efficient and some are 98% and work a lot better than Heat Pumps for heating the home.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Gas furnaces are 96% efficient and some are 98% and work a lot better than Heat Pumps for heating the home.
Efficiency is only part of the solution, as also getting off the fossil fuels as much as possible is VERY important. The science is very clear on this.

Anyone who pays attention to the really rapid development of alternatives to fossil fuels can notice the sea change in energy generation.

I can find graph upon graph showing the growth of cheaper than petroleum electricity generation. In 2021 It's Off to the Races for Offshore Wind is just one story I saw recently.

We need to hurry because we only have a few years left before the world ends as AOC said
Efficiency is only part of the solution, as also getting off the fossil fuels as much as possible is VERY important. The science is very clear on this.
Good point, I’m not locked into any particular energy source, just pointing out that sometimes our solutions cause more harm than good in the long run. We don’t consider all the options cause we are locked into 1 point of view concerning energy, costs, impact to the environment and people.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We need to hurry because we only have a few years left before the world ends as AOC said
It's called a "tipping point", thus not the "end", whereas if we don't stop the increase in temperature at a certain point, huge amounts of methane gas will be released into the atmosphere from the permafrost areas that will start a process that models suggest would be irreversible because we don't have enough trees left that would be able to reverse the buildup of heat.

Needless to say, AOC is far from being a fool on this.

Good point, I’m not locked into any particular energy source, just pointing out that sometimes our solutions cause more harm than good in the long run. We don’t consider all the options cause we are locked into 1 point of view concerning energy, costs, impact to the environment and people.
Agreed.

It's called a "tipping point", thus not the "end", whereas if we don't stop the increase in temperature at a certain point, huge amounts of methane gas will be released into the atmosphere from the permafrost areas that will start a process that models suggest would be irreversible because we don't have enough trees left that would be able to reverse the buildup of heat.

Agreed.

Agreed.
She did say “end of the world” at least that’s what the news story quoted her saying. All I know is I’ve been going to the same beach for 40 years (not every year but hopefully you know what I mean) and no change has happened to the beach front. The weather hasn’t changed much either, it’s been cyclical, some years warmer or colder than others.