• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Actions (Biden)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
All I know is I’ve been going to the same beach for 40 years and no change has happened to the beach front. The weather hasn’t changed much either, it’s been cyclical, some years warmer or colder than others.
As I mentioned earlier, the science is clear on this: Climate change - Wikipedia

Anyhow, I'm outta here for the rest of the weekend, so take care.

Earthtank

Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel
JANUARY 21, 2021 • PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS

Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
JANUARY 20, 2021 • PRESIDENTIAL ACTIONS
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Reinstating Deferred Enforced Departure for Liberians
Since 1991, the United States has provided safe haven for Liberians who were forced to flee their country as a result of armed conflict and...

Proclamation on the Termination Of Emergency With Respect To The Southern Border Of The United States And Redirection Of Funds Diverted To Border Wall Construction
Like every nation, the United States has a right and a duty to secure its borders and protect its people against threats.

Executive Order on Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of title...

Modernizing Regulatory Review

Executive Order on Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation

Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis

Executive Order on Ensuring a Lawful and Accurate Enumeration and Apportionment Pursuant to the Decennial Census

Executive Order on Revocation of Certain Executive Orders Concerning Federal Regulation
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered that:

You forgot the executive order he signed that oppresses REAL and ACTUAL women in high school sports.

pearl

But on Tuesday, Biden gave several reasons why he would not support the larger student debt forgiveness proposal. First, he suggested that forgiving $50,000 in student debt would disproportionately benefit students who go to “elite” private colleges.
Biden also argued that funds could be better used “to provide for early education for young children that come from disadvantaged circumstances” and highlighted his $50 billion proposal to make community college tuition-free and four years of public university tuition-free for students from families that make less than $125,000.

I don't see this as unfair, but addressing where the real need is.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
But on Tuesday, Biden gave several reasons why he would not support the larger student debt forgiveness proposal. First, he suggested that forgiving $50,000 in student debt would disproportionately benefit students who go to “elite” private colleges.
Biden also argued that funds could be better used “to provide for early education for young children that come from disadvantaged circumstances” and highlighted his $50 billion proposal to make community college tuition-free and four years of public university tuition-free for students from families that make less than $125,000.

I don't see this as unfair, but addressing where the real need is.

The article itself rebuts some of this. Most Ivy Leaguers don't have that much debt. I support tuition free college and pre-k as well, but student debt is a crisis at this point. Half measures, like $600 checks, will not do the job.

pearl

Half measures, like $600 checks, will not do the job.

Of course not, nor are they meant to. The small business loans were not meat for those who owned a chain of small business but they drained the fund. A president has no control over private college tuition, but may address how the banks hurt students with increasing interest and how its applied.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course not, nor are they meant to.

Which is the problem.

A president has no control over private college tuition, but may address how the banks hurt students with increasing interest and how its applied.

And may also forgive student debt. If he can do it for $10K, there's no magic reason he can't do it for $50K.