• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Presidential Actions (Biden)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You Americans sure have learned to hate eachother.

We've been very attentive students of certain individuals and
companies who have discovered the most profitable business
model yet for monetizing fear and hatred. More than that is
involved, as you know, but I think there is at least that.

Dave Watchman

Its not about the 'environmentalists', will the planet as we know it, live.

I think the Christian answer is supposed to be, no.

The planet as we know it is passing away.

The land, the earth, is in the process of vomiting out it's inhabitants.

"The heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.​

The elements melt with fervent heat?

Global warming don't scare me.

Audie

Veteran Member
We've been very attentive students of certain individuals and
companies who have discovered the most profitable business
model yet for monetizing fear and hatred. More than that is
involved, as you know, but I think there is at least that.
Whatever is to be done.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Whatever is to be done.

Much easier to figure out solutions than to
get solutions through the political process.

I think the problem could best be solved in the same
way traffic fatalities were reduced from the carnage of
the 1920s to today's annual count. No one big
solution, but rather many, many small solutions
adding up.

I'm especially pessimistic this time around about finding
the political will to do much.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm waiting for Biden to introduce mandatory citizen scores.

It's going to happen so quick, you can safely hold your breath until it arrives.
Go ahead! Trust me on this one! Hold your breath until Biden's citizen's scores!

Dave Watchman

I'm waiting for Biden to introduce mandatory citizen scores.

I can't wait to see how Biden scores:

Press Secretary Says Biden Has ‘Bigger Issues’ After Being Caught Maskless on Federal Property – A Violation of His Own Executive Order
January 23, 2021

Biden press secretary Jen Psaki raised eyebrows when she dismissed questions about the President failing to wear a mask on federal property – a violation of an executive order he signed hours earlier.

Fox News reporter Peter Doocy questioned why the President and his family were not wearing masks at the Lincoln Memorial on Wednesday, considering the mandate requires it at all times.

“Why weren’t President Biden and all members of the Biden family masked at all times on federal lands last night, if he signed an executive order that mandates masks on federal lands at all times?” Doocy asked.

Psaki initially replied that they get to flaunt the rules because Biden “was celebrating” an “historic day in our country.”

Pressed further on whether the President was setting a “good example” Psaki replied, “I think we have bigger issues to worry about at this moment in time.”​

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1352374324116787201

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Biden's legacy.

The executive order president.

Just like Trump, cept Biden will certainly take pole position on that front!
I agree it will likely take many many more Executive actions to undo the damage done by Trump.
So many more that he may well likely have to pull to the front of the "Most Executive Actions" pack.

So to be honest, I do not know which one you are criticizing here....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
my thinking that comparing signing some orders written up
by others long ago to supersonic aircraft is
ridiculous is a right wing lie. Droll.

You Americans sure have learned to hate eachother.

You expect the leader of a nation to do every part of the job by himself. What leader anywhere at any time has done that.

It might be a shock to you, but a leader is supposed to lead a team which accomplishes things. We judge leaders by what their team does whether it be government or business.

In Biden's case, to me it's totally obvious that his team delivered what he asked for and what the country needs and in a much faster rate than any in my 75+ year memory.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its probably not to far off.

China’s Nightmarish Citizen Scores Are a Warning For Americans

I see as some certainly entertaining the prospect of a US version.
I see that risk as coming from the right. Now in order to fly I'm going to need either a passport or a driver's license of a special kind. The requirements for that semi-national ID is proof of citizenship such as a birth certificate AND two bills that prove residency AND something with my social security number on it.

The right is insisting on ever more proof of right to vote which is a step toward having the background information needed for tracking.

We will soon have an almost mandatory national ID card which can be used for tracking people and potentially assigning "reliability" scores.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Biden's legacy.

The executive order president.

Just like Trump, cept Biden will certainly take pole position on that front!
Prejudge people much? Assigning his Presidential legacy after a few days in office takes extreme chutzpah

ecco

Veteran Member
Executive order killing 8000 union jobs,
and enraging the Canadians
I love your penchant for facts. Did you get that from facebook?

In a Facebook post published the same day, one user said the move would cost thousands of jobs.

"By revoking the Keystone pipeline permit, Biden is destroying 11,000 jobs and roughly $2 billion in wages," the post says. "Democrats couldn’t even get through Day 1 without killing jobs for middle class Americans."

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government, has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order.

Trump revived hopes for the project once he took office, ultimately approving it with an executive order. Construction began in April 2020, but that same month, a federal court said that the project had to go through a full endangered species review. TC Energy appealed the ruling, but the Supreme Court upheld it in July.

So, it seems there were not 8,000 or 11,000 people working on the pipeline since the courts stopped work - during Trump's administration.

Audie

Veteran Member
You expect the leader of a nation to do every part of the job by himself. What leader anywhere at any time has done that.

It might be a shock to you, but a leader is supposed to lead a team which accomplishes things. We judge leaders by what their team does whether it be government or business.

In Biden's case, to me it's totally obvious that his team delivered what he asked for and what the country needs and in a much faster rate than any in my 75+ year memory.

No call for snark and cheap shots.
Just pointing out it was a minimal amount of supersonic for Biden to sign items months in the planning and written by othets.

If it impresses you otherwise, that's fine.