• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Should Trump have Shaken Pelosi's Hand?

Should Trump Have Shaken Pelosi's Hand at the SOTU Speech

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is a pretty vague statement. Open to a multitude of interpretations.

To this day nobody has pointed out anything specific in the Constitution that Trump supposedly violated. Even laws have paragraphs and subsections.

High crimes and misdemeanors? I figured the only one who knew was King George and I suspect it was whatever he wanted it to be.
Which is why one should refer to the framers and the understanding of it at that time.

And you are quite wrong. People have pointed to specific acts. You merely denied the more correct interpretation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I will say that Clinton did know how to laugh at himself.
I despised Bill while he was in office. He was quite the liar himself and I resent that in a politician. But one thing I had to admit was that he could work with the opposition. The last time our two party system truly worked was when he was in office. And his most successful years were the ones where he had to work with the Republicans.

shmogie

LOLOL. You just keep on believing.
Of course, I believe in the Constitution. If I found in the Constitution that the house could make up crimes not found in any code or statute, I would believe it.

It isn't there. Political lynching isn't there.

Should he have?
I look at it like this, if I worked with someone that did their best to get me fired under false pretenses but it didn't work out for them do I give them a pass and shake their hand as if all is forgiven or do I laugh in their face and spurn them? I'm going with the second option.
It wasn't completely obvious to me that he even snubbed her intentionally. Even if he did, there are far more important things to be concerned about.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
It wasn't completely obvious to me that he even snubbed her intentionally. Even if he did, there are far more important things to be concerned about.

More fake news? there should be a limit to misrepresentation, propaganda, and contrived outrage in the media.

gnomon

To be honest I find this thread as useless as the one about Pelosi tearing up Trumps speech.

Absolutely useless.

Because most people couldn't give a god damn ****.