• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Should Trump have Shaken Pelosi's Hand?

Should Trump Have Shaken Pelosi's Hand at the SOTU Speech

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Trump will do it again..
No doubt. Now the Democrats need to find an electable candidate. Iowa may put a plot twist into the primaries with Biden running so far behind. Buttigieg maybe? Though the Christian right would have a cow he could be an interesting candidate. And they need to be ready to bring this up during the election. More evidence will come out. A clear timeline of Trump's activities must be formulated so that the average person can follow it.

sooda

Veteran Member
No doubt. Now the Democrats need to find an electable candidate. Iowa may put a plot twist into the primaries with Biden running so far behind. Buttigieg maybe? Though the Christian right would have a cow he could be an interesting candidate. And they need to be ready to bring this up during the election. More evidence will come out. A clear timeline of Trump's activities must be formulated so that the average person can follow it.

Mitt Romney will vote guilty.

[video]

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Clinton's stupid blow job is NOTHING compared to what Trump has done.
That's not really the issue.
Moreover, Clinton was not tried for the BJ.
Rather it was for illegal acts to obstruct an investigation.
He was clearly guilty of felonies, but the Senate decided
that the crimes didn't warrant removing him from office,
ie, it was a political decision to not convict.
So it appears to be with Trump's impeachment.
This seems to be our McCarthy era.
This is very different from commie hunting, outing,
& persecution. That was a much scarier time IMO.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As well as those who oppose him that now claim the system is rigged because they didn't get what they wanted.
There are probably such people.
I'm not one. I've opposed the rigging of the system since 1980. I voted for Reagan, and we won. But I realized that the USA doesn't elect the president, despite all I had learned in school about the U.S. government.
I've opposed the rigging of the system ever since.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Trump is such a snowflake.

He hands out and gives crap to everyone, but he can't take it himself. Typical troll.
Nuh-uh. Just ask him. He can take it, take it best anyone has ever taken it, take magnificently, and take is so good your gonna be jealous because he takes it best. So much better than everybody else.

Jeremiah Ames

Should he have?
I look at it like this, if I worked with someone that did their best to get me fired under false pretenses but it didn't work out for them do I give them a pass and shake their hand as if all is forgiven or do I laugh in their face and spurn them? I'm going with the second option.
Of course you would.

Skwim

Veteran Member

I voted NO.

If Trump had shaken Pelosi's hand he would have been stepping out of character; befuddling not only the Dems. but the GOP as well. Best not to shake her hand and remain the turd most of the country has come to despise rather than try to be an actual President at this late date in the game.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Should he have?
I look at it like this, if I worked with someone that did their best to get me fired under false pretenses but it didn't work out for them do I give them a pass and shake their hand as if all is forgiven or do I laugh in their face and spurn them? I'm going with the second option.

It is the the mark of the man that he does not have the courage to shake the hand of an opponent.

This is how it should be done

193519757-cb6b8e95-ba21-4b27-bccc-2b6f94080b09.jpg

Queen Lizzie shaking the hand of the man who (allegedly) ordered the murder of a favourite cousin.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In this case acquitted merely means not being removed from office.
He is still impeached though.
As was pointed out this morning on one of the news shows, Trump will most certainly be acquitted, but not exonerated.

Update, Trump was just acquitted.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
That's not really the issue.
Moreover, Clinton was not tried for the BJ.
Rather it was for illegal acts to obstruct an investigation.
He was clearly guilty of felonies, but the Senate decided
that the crimes didn't warrant removing him from office,
ie, it was a political decision to not convict.
So it appears to be with Trump's impeachment.

This is very different from commie hunting, outing,
& persecution. That was a much scarier time IMO.

Trump's mentor and fix man was Roy Cohn until he died from AIDS.

The Strange Career of Roy Cohn, McCarthy’s Right-Hand Man ...
https://www.history.com/news/roy-cohn-mccarthyism-rosenberg-trial-donald-trump
Mar 12, 2019 · One of the most notorious is Roy Cohn, a man whose influence spans several decades of hot button issues, Republican politicians and LGBT history. Cohn was a prosecutor in the Rosenberg

sooda

Veteran Member
  1. Roy Cohn, Lawyer Whose Attacks Made Him Famous, Feared
    ThoughtCo.com is the World's Largest Education Resourceroy-cohn-biography-4151275
    Roy Cohn was a highly controversial attorney who became nationally famous while in his twenties, when he became a prominent aide of Senator Joseph McCarthy. Cohn's highly publicized pursuit of suspected communists was marked by bravado and recklessness and he was widely criticized for unethical behavior.

2. A mentor in shamelessness: the man who taught Trump the ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/20/...
    Apr 20, 2016 · Senator Joseph McCarthy and his chief counsel Roy Cohn whispering during the Army-McCarthy hearings in 1954. Photograph: Everett/Rex/Shutterstock Cohn was born in the Bronx in …

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Should he have?
Nancy Pelosi the person was not doing her best to get him fired. The Speaker of the House was doing her job in opening an inquiry into perceived and obvious abuses of power. Donald Trump can be mad as hell, if he likes, but the President should shake the Speakers hand.

This is simple courtesy. And it is not something -- as others have expressed here -- something I would expect from Trump, the boor.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Should he have?
I think some people are looking at Trump as being bigger than pettyness.

Technically I think it probably would have been okay if Trump shook her hand real quick and pulled away. One shake your done. It would have been Presidential decorum in my opinion.

I do kind of suspect however that Trump is practicing the art of the deal. Maintaining advantage in his favor.

You don't shake unless your in agreement.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Funny, not one of those were in the articles of impeachment.

Do you think you know more than the houses lawyers? They listed not one crime.
As has only been explained about a trillion times, a crime is not required for impeachment. Perhaps a trillion-and-one times might make it sink in -- though I'm not holding my breath.