• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of life, Adam and the Dinosaurs

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I don't think your god even exists.
Well, that is one thing we will know for sure in the end. I know he exists

There probably is, but that still means most of the universe is uninhabitable and designed to kill us.

Reading this it shows that you did not listen to my arguments, that you are refusing to be informed of what science actually says, and that your religious beliefs come from emotion rather than logic.

Only you can choose to use your mind rather than your emotions to observe reality. I will be here if you want to talk after that.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I don't want to have any further interchanges with you. I despise your sneering attitude, your stupid accusations, and your ignorance coupled with arrogance. I am not about to waste all the time required to answer your questions, you have proven yourself unworthy of my time. Also, Christ said not to cast pearls before swine, you are certainly swinely. Don't bother me anymore, until you can be civil, respectful, and can employ a writing method above that of a 4th grade thug.

Projection gets you nowhere.

Back into the echo chamber you go.

He who is without sin, cast the first stone. JOHN 8:7

siti

Only man was formed complete, in the image of God...
...and with a remarkable genetic resemblance to the chimpanzee...

MQ_Adam.jpg

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I think you are referring to Ecclesiastes 3:18-20, where Solomon wrote......
"I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, 19 for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust."

When the first humans were formed, Genesis indicates that the Creator educated Adam for some time before producing a mate for him. His expression when God brought her to him, is an indication that Adam had observed all the other creatures with mates, yet there was not one of his kind with whom he could reproduce and fill the earth, like the others.

Humans were created different to all other creatures. Only he reflected the moral qualities of his Creator.

Death is not mentioned in Eden, except as a punishment for disobedience. Hence, no disobedience would have meant no death. The "tree of life" was freely available to humans with no prohibition. They could partake and keep on living indefinitely.

Only when sin entered their lives, did the tree of life become 'off-limits'. God made sure that access to this source of life would never be within their reach whilst sin ruled their lives. They then became just like the animals, dying exactly the same death as they did. It was never meant to be, but abuse of free will had to be dealt with and the outcome fully documented.

This is not what the Bible says. God created all animals kinds and gave them reproductive powers. Whatever God created, he did directly and with purpose. The creative days were not 24 hour time periods. We know that dinosaurs did not share the planet with humans and we are glad that this is so. Its hard enough getting hit by a truck, let alone something 10 times bigger. God had his reasons for those creatures that existed before man, but he does not tell us. All we know is that the creatures that were alive when Adam was created were named by him and he was assigned to take care of them, along with their habitat. Already extinct creatures could not be named if they no longer existed.

Genesis says that humankind were created at the conclusion of the 6th day, when God declared his satisfaction with his creative efforts thus far. The rebellion took place at the beginning of the 7th day....a period set aside for settling any issues relating to the use of free will. It had to be tested. There is no declaration concerning the conclusion of the 7th day, because it has not yet ended. There has to be a conclusion of this system of things, justice meted out to all rebels, and the rulership of God's Kingdom for a thousand years to get everything back to square one, so that God can declare the 7th day a resounding success. What we lost in Genesis is given back to us in Revelation.

Something like that: men and animals share the same fate Now.

Psalm 49:12
But man in his pomp will not endure; He is like the beasts that perish.

Kemosloby

Premium Member

MQ_Adam.jpg

Which might also indicate that to be made "in the image of God" doesn't mean in your outward appearance but meaning made "immortal", set high above the rest. Like Adam ruling over all the creatures of the Earth.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Kemosloby said:
Only man was formed complete, in the image of God...

The Bible uses the analogy of a potter and his clay.....the potter can make a variety of vessels out of the same clay.
lookaround.gif

Same Creator, same genetic materials, different creatures.
whistle3.gif

Kemosloby

Premium Member
The Bible uses the analogy of a potter and his clay.....the potter can make a variety of vessels out of the same clay.
lookaround.gif

Same Creator, same genetic materials, different creatures.
whistle3.gif

That analogy was referring to many people having a variety of purposes. It ends saying "does the pot say to the potter, What have you done?" How many of the animals could even do that? So even there God seems to disprove of man and his pomp, that man is now so bold as to question God. Perhaps the nature of sin, God got along fine with Adam for 65 million years because Adam didn't "talk back" to God. Now man is "man in his pomp" and Jesus saying to Peter "get behind me Satan".

You seem to have a problem with this thread and are grasping at straws to disprove it. Why?

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
God got along fine with Adam for 65 million years because Adam didn't "talk back" to God. Now man is "man in his pomp" and Jesus saying to Peter "get behind me Satan".

Trying to understand how you get Adam in existence for 65 million years.....? Not sure what you mean by him not talking back to God....?

The "son of God" was with his Father for eons of time before creation, but Adam was around for only 930 years according to Genesis....and then he died, returning to the dust, never to be seen again.

Jesus telling Peter to "get behind me satan" was because Peter was trying to get Jesus to think only of himself, not the mission for which he was sent. The devil's main appeal is to selfishness, not selflessness. Peter was being satan to Jesus.

You seem to have a problem with this thread and are grasping at straws to disprove it. Why?

Not disproving.....nor grasping at straws....just correcting a few inconsistencies is all. When you venture outside of scripture, inconsistencies are bound to appear.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Trying to understand how you get Adam in existence for 65 million years.....? Not sure what you mean by him not talking back to God....?

The "son of God" was with his Father for eons of time before creation, but Adam was around for only 930 years according to Genesis....and then he died, returning to the dust, never to be seen again.

Jesus telling Peter to "get behind me satan" was because Peter was trying to get Jesus to think only of himself, not the mission for which he was sent. The devil's main appeal is to selfishness, not selflessness. Peter was being satan to Jesus.

Not disproving.....nor grasping at straws....just correcting a few inconsistencies is all. When you venture outside of scripture, inconsistencies are bound to appear.

Isn't that presumptuous of you to say I ventured outside of scripture?

Let me explain. Adam was created immortal, otherwise the curse of eating the fruit makes no sense. The curse said "In the day you eat of it you will surely die". Adam did not die that very same day, which leaves another option. That it meant in "God days" 2 Peter 3:8 "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." So Adams timer began when he ate the fruit, he died "that day" at 930 years old. But there is a great deal of time unaccounted for before he ate the fruit. All the time that he had spent, tending the garden, naming the animals, finding Eve. etc. There are no parameters for how long that was. It was between the time Adam was created until he ate the fruit; Which could have been 65 million years. If the dinosaurs were created at the time of creation, and are 65 million years old, Adam was created at the same time, therefore Adam must have been 65 million years old before eating the fruit.

pearl

Trying to understand how you get Adam in existence for 65 million years

Since Adam is not a personal name, he could be any age.
The Hebrew word for earth is adama. God formed man from the dust of the earth, and on the simplest level, that connection with adama, earth, is the basis for man's name.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Since Adam is not a personal name, he could be any age.
The Hebrew word for earth is adama. God formed man from the dust of the earth, and on the simplest level, that connection with adama, earth, is the basis for man's name.

Even if his name was Mud, it all adds up the same.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
But there is a great deal of time unaccounted for before he ate the fruit. All the time that he had spent, tending the garden, naming the animals, finding Eve. etc. There are no parameters for how long that was. It was between the time Adam was created until he ate the fruit; Which could have been 65 million years. If the dinosaurs were created at the time of creation, and are 65 million years old, Adam was created at the same time, therefore Adam must have been 65 million years old before eating the fruit.

That doesn't make sense. The KT mass extinction which killed the dinosaurs occurred 65 million years ago. They existed for over 100 million years before that.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Reading this it shows that you did not listen to my arguments, that you are refusing to be informed of what science actually says, and that your religious beliefs come from emotion rather than logic.

Only you can choose to use your mind rather than your emotions to observe reality. I will be here if you want to talk after that.

Did you know that there is a thread celebrating your birthday? Happy Birthday, CogentPhilosopher!

Happy birthday.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't want to have any further interchanges with you. I despise your sneering attitude, your stupid accusations, and your ignorance coupled with arrogance. I am not about to waste all the time required to answer your questions, you have proven yourself unworthy of my time. Also, Christ said not to cast pearls before swine, you are certainly swinely. Don't bother me anymore, until you can be civil, respectful, and can employ a writing method above that of a 4th grade thug.

He was civil and respectful to you. He has no duty to agree with your beliefs. His duty is to be sincere and constructive in expressing his.

shmogie

He was civil and respectful to you. He has no duty to agree with your beliefs. His duty is to be sincere and constructive in expressing his.
Bull. You obviously haven't read ALL his posts in our exchanges. He started off quite civilly, but when I refuted his scientific claims, the tone changed quite quickly to, in my mind to hysterical anger. I am trying to learn to not play that game. I couldn't care less if someone disagrees with me and I am happy to engage anyone who does, but I don't want to be involved in sneering conversations, period. Once in a while I sneer, and folk are justified in running away from our conversation.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bull. You obviously haven't read ALL his posts in our exchanges. He started off quite civilly, but when I refuted his scientific claims, the tone changed quite quickly to, in my mind to hysterical anger. I am trying to learn to not play that game. I couldn't care less if someone disagrees with me and I am happy to engage anyone who does, but I don't want to be involved in sneering conversations, period. Once in a while I sneer, and folk are justified in running away from our conversation.

I thought I read the entire thread. I didn't find any of his comments to be hysterical or angry. If you disagree, perhaps you can direct me to one.

siti

Which might also indicate that to be made "in the image of God" doesn't mean in your outward appearance but meaning made "immortal", set high above the rest. Like Adam ruling over all the creatures of the Earth.
Yes - but I said "genetic resemblance" - it isn't about outward appearance - it is about the fact that on your interpretation God's "special creation" turns out to be genetically 98% equivalent to a product of the natural, and at least somewhat random, process of evolution. That doesn't strike you as a remarkable coincidence?

jonathan180iq

Could Adam have been alive with the dinosaurs according to scripture. Yes, absolutely. No fossils of humans are found with the dinosaurs because humans, Adam and Eve were immortal, they did not die like the animals.

In 7 days God created the Heaven and the Earth. With God a day is 1,000 years, a day is also a day our time. It is ambiguouos whether creation was 7 days our time or 7,000 years. But Man was created immortal, his days were not numbered. There is an indefinite time period between creation and the fall of man, which could have been millions of years. When Adam ate the fruit he became mortal, his days were numbered and time began. God said "In the day they ate of it they would surely die" A day with God is 1,000 years, so they would die within 1,000 years, which accounts for Adam's age of a few hundred years old, from the time of the fall of man until his death.

Do you think that the giant, man-eating cyclops, Polyphemus, lived on the island of Sicily until he died or did his father (Poseidon) interject and allow him to live somewhere else so people would just THINK he was dead? Was Polyphemus immortal because he was a demigod?