• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only Four GOP senators moral enough to reject AHCA??

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
For mental health reasons, I recommend doing what I do....
Avoid having any expectations that it will be better or worse.
Trumpocare is just something to be evaluated when the dust settles, & we know what it is.
(Btw, I don't like that unqualified politicians are the ones drafting it.)
Good suggestions, there is a lot of mud in the water at the moment. But since Hitler is drafting this (LITERALLY HITLER, REVOLT!) it is 100% evil.
(For those reading along, that last sentence was sarcasm.)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I say the best compromise would be to copy Canuckistan, with private
plans still being legal.

I would agree that there are a number of plans around the world that would be a huge improvement over either of the US plans we're discussing. That said, we could consider these three situations:

1 - pre-ACA
2 - ACA
3 - AHCA

Of the three - none of which are very good when compared to most of the 1st world - ACA is the best. Call it the lesser evil if you will.

But certainly, Canada's system as an example, is better than any of these three.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
But certainly, Canada's system as an example, is better than any of these three.
I agree. But this is a tough topic to tackle since raising taxes to fund something like that is heavily contested.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would agree that there are a number of plans around the world that would be a huge improvement over either of the US plans we're discussing. That said, we could consider these three situations:

1 - pre-ACA
2 - ACA
3 - AHCA

Of the three - none of which are very good when compared to most of the 1st world - ACA is the best. Call it the lesser evil if you will.

Uh oh....by recognizing the evil of ACA, you run the risk of wrath from the ACA defenders.
(They're loath to admit its flaws.)
I'll lend you a tarp if they start throwing mud at you too.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I expect that, whatever happens, my premiums will not double for less coverage, like they did under Obamacare. I'm all for a healthcare system which is fairly-priced and provides care for everyone, but I don't make enough to be paying for everyone else.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Geeze Louise.....someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.
I'm not refusing to admit anything...just not addressing the Trumpocare plan.

You're doing it again.
I'm not at all optimistic that a plan I'd favor will emerge.
(That would only happen if Trump put @icehorse & me in charge.)
The best I can hope for is something better than Obamacare.
It's wait & see about that.

Sarcasm?
You seem bent on arguing rather than understand what I'm saying.
Canuckistan's system is not mythical.....it is a real & functioning health care system.
I know wherefrom I speak, having used it.
And esteemed fellow poster @Wirey is benefitting from that at the moment.
(He keeps growing new body parts which humans should not grow.)
I'm advocating for a similar system.
Your willingness to 'wait and see' is like a person bit several times by a rabid dog waiting to see if the dog will bite again ignoring all medical advice before and during that the dog is indeed rabid. It also reflects unwillingness to actually look at the evidence about what is in the bill.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Uh oh....by recognizing the evil of ACA, you run the risk of wrath from the ACA defenders.
(They're loath to admit its flaws.)
I'll lend you a tarp if they start throwing mud at you too.
I know of no ACA supporter who is loath to admit its flaws. Present evidence that anyone believes it's without flaws if you care to have that claim taken seriously.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your willingness to 'wait and see' is like a person bit several times by a rabid dog waiting to see if the dog will bite again ignoring all medical advice before and during that the dog is indeed rabid. It also reflects unwillingness to actually look at the evidence about what is in the bill.
Erroneous analogy.
With a rabid dog, I've a choice to take action against the danger.
But the new health care bill has no such option, ie, it will progress unaffected by anything I'd do.

What action are you now taking about the new bill (before knowing it)?
Complaining? Barking? Fulminating against those who criticize Obamacare?
The only thing I can do is assess it, & then pass judgement.
For this, I will wait & see what is in the bill first.
But even then, I'll still have no effect upon it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know of no ACA supporter who is loath to admit its flaws.
You muist've missed much of this thread.
In defense of Obamacare, some posters have deflected the issue I raised.
Present evidence that anyone believes it's without flaws if you care to have that claim taken seriously.
You will do what you think best.