• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One or Two?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Assuming there is a god, are we ultimately identical with that god, or are we ultimately separate from that god? That is, are we ultimately god, or are we ultimately not god?

BONUS QUESTION: Which is the truer statement...

@adrian009 secretly wishes he had armpit hair as beautiful as @Sunstone's.​

or​

@Sunstone secretly wishes he had brains as functional as @adrian009's.​

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Assuming there is a god, are we ultimately identical with that god, or are we ultimately separate from that god? That is, are we ultimately god, or are we ultimately not god?

BONUS QUESTION: Which is the truer statement...

@adrian009 secretly wishes he had armpit hair as beautiful as @Sunstone's.​

or​

@Sunstone secretly wishes he had brains as functional as @adrian009's.​

Both, in a way. While we may be separate, or we appear or feel separate from God, ultimately, I believe, a time comes when we become one with God again, and there is differentiation no more.

This is the way I see it, anyways.

And if there is a quarrel between you and adrian009 regarding brains and armpit hair, perhaps you could share some of your armpit hair with him, and he could share some of his brains with you? Then happiness could be all around...

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
We forgot that we are ultimately God :)

Which must mean that God forgot He/She is ultimately us.

We can’t be the same as God if God isn’t the same as us.

“Dumb all over, and a little ugly on the side” - Frank Zappa

danieldemol

Premium Member
I tend to think of God as separate, perhaps because I have difficulty imagining a God being composed of crude elements the way the ocean is for example, but i don't believe there are any right or wrong answers to the question.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Meaning no man is God, for God was a theory, a story, a description, a worded evaluated status about a condition that you considered was separate to the self, or else you would not claim self safe in the presence of God.

nor

Could you then quote, and then God angered or changed then can attack humans separately and allow others to exist not harmed.

Rationality, if you just existed as the human self that you belong to....your claim is only 2 human being parents before self who had sex.

1, 2 and 3 in that thinking ability says we all die. No sex, no continuation.

Then you would say if we all die. For I am a human, you are a human and only the human ego talks about other humans dying and not self. Being the problem consciousness owns. As far as the self concludes everyone else can die accept self, until you do die, which you own no control over.

Conscious reasoning.

Therefore I can say to everyone imagine no humans living on a planet inside of an atmosphere because we all died.

Where is God then as your equal?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Assuming there is a god, are we ultimately identical with that god
No, but we are the embodiment of Divinity

Assuming there is a god, are we ultimately separate from that god?
No, some might think/believe they are separate, but that does not change the fact that our essence is Divine (assuming there is a God.....)

That is, are we ultimately god
You may wish

That is, are we ultimately not god?
Try to create "Sunstone Universe", same size as "God Universe", not mental, but physical...for me and @SalixIncendium to check:D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
We forgot that we are ultimately God :)
How could God forget that it is God?

I absolutely love this children's parable...

God alone existed for eternity, which is a very long time.

One day God was bored and lonely and wanted a playmate, so he came up with an idea. He decided to create a play and pretend to be ‘not God.’ So the play began of God and ‘not God.’ He set out pretending to be a universe with stars, planets, trees, plants, animals, and people.

Since God is God, he’s very good at what he does. So when he pretended to be ‘not God’ in the play, he was so convincing in his role of ‘not God,’ he forgot that he was God. So the play became a nightmare. So now God, playing the role of ‘not God’ and forgetting he is God and, as a result, suffering so much, finds himself in an ongoing search for God.

I've posted it elsewhere here, but your posts reminded me of it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If I had to pick, I'd say we are god. We put ourselves and others down so much that we tend to look at ourselves more as faults rather than blessings. So, being god would just mean you have blessings and life in you that when in touch with it (values, lifestyle, beliefs, etc) you live a better and fulfilled life and handle the unknown (whether one chooses to define it for comfort or not). The word god is an overused and underrated word. I think if it were used in the context in which differs by religion, the question would be a bit more diverse than having a cookie carved definition that some people agree to and others despise.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I absolutely love this children's parable...

God alone existed for eternity, which is a very long time.

One day God was bored and lonely and wanted a playmate, so he came up with an idea. He decided to create a play and pretend to be ‘not God.’ So the play began of God and ‘not God.’ He set out pretending to be a universe with stars, planets, trees, plants, animals, and people.

Since God is God, he’s very good at what he does. So when he pretended to be ‘not God’ in the play, he was so convincing in his role of ‘not God,’ he forgot that he was God. So the play became a nightmare. So now God, playing the role of ‘not God’ and forgetting he is God and, as a result, suffering so much, finds himself in an ongoing search for God.

I've posted it elsewhere here, but your posts reminded me of it.
Um...
Doesn't your story forget the very first "and"?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Tough to tell. I see it as a drop of water and the ocean. So we're identical in substance, but slightly different temporarily in form, or amount. Ultimately, we would merge, and lose all separate identity.