• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One or Two?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I absolutely love this children's parable...

God alone existed for eternity, which is a very long time.

One day God was bored and lonely and wanted a playmate, so he came up with an idea. He decided to create a play and pretend to be ‘not God.’ So the play began of God and ‘not God.’ He set out pretending to be a universe with stars, planets, trees, plants, animals, and people.

Since God is God, he’s very good at what he does. So when he pretended to be ‘not God’ in the play, he was so convincing in his role of ‘not God,’ he forgot that he was God. So the play became a nightmare. So now God, playing the role of ‘not God’ and forgetting he is God and, as a result, suffering so much, finds himself in an ongoing search for God.

I've posted it elsewhere here, but your posts reminded me of it.
Um...
Doesn't your story forget the very first "and"?
I don't understand what you're asking. Can you rephrase the question?
I highlighted below the part of the story that gets forgotten (no pun intended) by stories end.

One day God was bored and lonely and wanted a playmate, so he came up with an idea. He decided to create a play and pretend to be ‘not God.’ So the play began of God and ‘not God.’ He set out pretending to be a universe with stars, planets, trees, plants, animals, and people.

Since God is God, he’s very good at what he does. So when he pretended to be ‘not God’ in the play, he was so convincing in his role of ‘not God,’ he forgot that he was God. So the play became a nightmare. So now God, playing the role of ‘not God’ and forgetting he is God and, as a result, suffering so much, finds himself in an ongoing search for God.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I highlighted below the part of the story that gets forgotten (no pun intended) by stories end.

So you're saying that the play was forgotten by the end of the story?

If so, then yes, because in the parable, if God was so immersed in his role as 'not God' that he forgot he was God, it would stand to reason that he would also forget he was in a play and thereby perceiving the play as reality.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
No, but we are the embodiment of Divinity

No, some might think/believe they are separate, but that does not change the fact that our essence is Divine (assuming there is a God.....)

You may wish

Try to create "Sunstone Universe", same size as "God Universe", not mental, but physical...for me and @SalixIncendium to check:D

If a human said, my baby to adult memory of my own Holy Father or Holy Mother said that they came as a spirit already living, out of the eternal and became a lesser being, as a human. Then we were taught this realisation.

If we said, and God the O one stone planet, also had come out of the eternal a long time ago, was involved in a fall through a formed space and burst and burnt, but evolved. And it was when God became a radiating body.

And then our parents, as did the Nature spirits, the animal spirits and our own, from eternal came into the atmosphere, forced out of spirit eternal as God in the Heavens communicated to the eternal. Then God did. And we became with God, as God was radiating.

However we never took the same journey that God had...for how could we be as God, for we are not MASS.

Why it states Mother of God was the spatial womb, the vacuum that cooled and held mass, and prevented it from its destruction. M and A S S a human male imposed worded description. To say the journey of God in time, O a cycle of 12 around the Sun involved the cycle of God cooling.

How it was taught, the journey the God O planet took to cool and how it developed its Immaculate Heavenly spirit upon that journey.

Which is not ours, it belonged only to the angel of God O, the spirit body that had left the eternal in the fall.

Now our spiritual human Father gave me a message today to quote to our science brother. He says he owns God as a machination by his thesis One and God the planet. Father said as he took the mineral highest held particle fused in the end, being space womb. Converted it and melted it, he took God the stone back in time to when it was the fallen angel, as the melt and hot dense state.

Then he cooled his machine metal artificially....so virtually by his thinking/theory, lying of course claimed and now I own God the planet/mass. Yet his machine matter and ownership ended just as God the one and planet had, in spatial fused seal.

So of course he pretends that his machine is God and the power of God, yet it is all fake. And he certainly not only lied to his own self, he lied about all of his scientific intentions.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
If God were humanity itself that would be abysmal, and far short of worthy. Separate or nothing!

Everyone is so fascinated by God concepts. Egocentricity!

God obliterates egos. Has uncommon humility and selfhood!

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
So you're saying that the play was forgotten by the end of the story?

If so, then yes, because in the parable, if God was so immersed in his role as 'not God' that he forgot he was God, it would stand to reason that he would also forget he was in a play and thereby perceiving the play as reality.
I am saying that God is forgotten though he is in the play.

"So the play began of God AND 'not God'"....​

chinu

chinu
Devotion to us?
We are 'not God' (forgot-God)
like in your story you said..
Since God is God, he’s very good at what he does. So when he pretended to be ‘not God’ in the play, he was so convincing in his role of ‘not God,’ he forgot that he was God.

Which means that we have lost our original identity, and as well as all our powers/divine-powers.

But, the original God which is still there haven't YET lost identity, or divine powers. And he is still well capable of bringing you / anybody/ "not God" back to original identity (merge-back)

Now that the process of bringing-back has gone into "His" hands. We have NO other option. Only "Devotion"

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
So did God in your story get frustrated with 'not God' and leave?

It’s not my story. I suppose we’ll need to summon the ghost of Alan Watts to find out for certain.

Or maybe you’re just taking the parable to literally.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
We have all this problems because we make what exists into a God. What exists is not God (humans, animals, vegetation, non-living substances, all taken together). What exists is Brahman, and you me and all other things are that only.
The problem is that people from Abrahamic background find it very difficult to abandon the thought of God. This is much easier for Hindus and other people of the East.

"sarvam khalu idam brahman tajjalān iti shānta upāsita – All this (collectively) is Brahman, indeed: what evolves from That, what dissolves in That, what breathes or functions in That, should be closely and calmly studied……." - (Chandogya Upanishad III.14.1)
Tajjalan - Wikipedia

Last edited:

chinu

chinu
Game?
What game?
Perhaps you mean play?
Yes this:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If a human said, my baby to adult memory of my own Holy Father or Holy Mother said that they came as a spirit already living, out of the eternal and became a lesser being, as a human. Then we were taught this realisation.

If we said, and God the O one stone planet, also had come out of the eternal a long time ago, was involved in a fall through a formed space and burst and burnt, but evolved. And it was when God became a radiating body.

And then our parents, as did the Nature spirits, the animal spirits and our own, from eternal came into the atmosphere, forced out of spirit eternal as God in the Heavens communicated to the eternal. Then God did. And we became with God, as God was radiating.

However we never took the same journey that God had...for how could we be as God, for we are not MASS.

Why it states Mother of God was the spatial womb, the vacuum that cooled and held mass, and prevented it from its destruction. M and A S S a human male imposed worded description. To say the journey of God in time, O a cycle of 12 around the Sun involved the cycle of God cooling.

How it was taught, the journey the God O planet took to cool and how it developed its Immaculate Heavenly spirit upon that journey.

Which is not ours, it belonged only to the angel of God O, the spirit body that had left the eternal in the fall.

Now our spiritual human Father gave me a message today to quote to our science brother. He says he owns God as a machination by his thesis One and God the planet. Father said as he took the mineral highest held particle fused in the end, being space womb. Converted it and melted it, he took God the stone back in time to when it was the fallen angel, as the melt and hot dense state.

Then he cooled his machine metal artificially....so virtually by his thinking/theory, lying of course claimed and now I own God the planet/mass. Yet his machine matter and ownership ended just as God the one and planet had, in spatial fused seal.

So of course he pretends that his machine is God and the power of God, yet it is all fake. And he certainly not only lied to his own self, he lied about all of his scientific intentions.
You lost me here @rational experiences . I am more the "experience" person. Maybe this is too "rational" for me