• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On the other side of life.

RestlessSoul

For myself, a relationship with a God of my understanding is necessary for me to live as well as I can in this life. The next life, if there is one for me, can take care of itself.

"Nor love thy life, nor hate. but what thou liv'st, live well,
How long or short, permit to Heaven."

- John Milton, Paradise Lost

Colt

Maybe it is impossible to know before we go there, but.

What is it that waiting for us just after we passing?
For those who have come back after NDE have similar, but still different answers.

I wish i could say i had my clear answer, but I have not :)

Any thoughts?
IMOP the Urantia Book revelation reveals what awaits us at least the first phase of our long ascension to the paradise meeting with the living God. From there we return to endless service in the universe in the core of the "Finalitors" and will await the unfolding of the yet to be revealed destiny.

When we awake on the first of the Mansion Worlds in our new bodies the only thing added to us will be the fact of survival. We pick up right where we left off when overtaken by death. We will resume our spiritual growth and education.

One can learn more about the 7 Mansion Worlds and beyond from the Urantia Book online which is free and has no copyright. Truthbook.com or Urantia.org

If nothing else its and incredible story.

Yerda

Veteran Member

For those who have come back after NDE have similar, but still different answers.

Any thoughts?
I guess I have the typically bleak (to some) atheist answer. There is no us after passing. We are a process that ends in death.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I guess I have the typically bleak (to some) atheist answer. There is no us after passing. We are a process that ends in death.
Is that a belief?
Or could atheists prove their beliefs that it all go dark?

This is not a challenge to offend atheists, just asking out of curiousity

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes, I have some thoughts

1) IF you believe you are body, mind, emotions THEN there is nothing after death
I'm reminded of a quote. Unfortunately, I can't remember who said it:

"Death is only the end if you assume the story is all about you."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is that a belief?
Or could atheists prove their beliefs that it all go dark?

This is not a challenge to offend atheists, just asking out of curiousity
All available evidence suggests that there is no afterlife.

However, it is still possible to come up with unfalsifiable claims for various versions of an afterlife.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Does it have ro be a proof for it to be real? It can exist even human can not use science to find it?
Sure: even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

In the scenario you describe, a person would have no rational reason to believe that an afterlife exists, and their claim would be completely unreliable, but sure: we cannot exclude with perfect certainty that it wasn't a lucky guess.

... just as we can't exclude any number of unfalsifiable claims that would imply that an afterlife is impossible.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
To me whether or not there is an afterlife is inconsequential because I refuse to treat this life as a weigh station to the next. Whether there are or aren't gods, I've made it my mission to leave the people and places in my life better than I found it. If there is a god and they like that idea, then maybe we'll be friends in some afterlife. But if there isn't I don't feel I've wasted my time living the lifestyle I've chosen and not bother wondering whether it pleases a god or not.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Any thoughts?
Yes. It's going to be essentially the same as this life. With some variation I would guess givin one will never know exactly what the next form will entail.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is perfectly well-known in science, though most people deny the obvious because of its starkness.
After death, it is disintegration of the body and annihilation of identity.
NDE is a sort of 'Last Tango' of the brain, it does not last beyond minutes.
Reincarnation.
Yes, what constitutes us reincarnate. The atoms drift apart and reincrnate as constituents of living and non-living substances. Atomic, chemical reincarnation.

Last edited: