• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, I am soooooo looking forward to this:

Alceste

Vagabond
Going back to work from lunch the other day, I smelled something heavenly - took me a moment to place the smell after months of darkness: lilacs in bloom. Didn't have time to track down the source, but it made me very excited that spring is here. I think I will plant some. I grew up with a massive lilac bush right outside my bedroom window. The smell always makes me nostalgic.

Tumah

Veteran Member
crossfire-albums-misc-picture4985-blossoms.jpg

Enough said. :)

Let's see. I see trees blocking the sky. So... a rain forest?
Maybe branches? Are you looking forward to branches?
The grass looks nicely trimmed. Is your gardener coming?
The suspense is killing me!! Did I get it???

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I have crocuses and grape hyacinths blooming in my garden right now! Yay! :D

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Spring is just around the corner here...only 3 weeks away!
It only sank to -4F this morning. It's sunny, & already up to +9F!
At this rate, the daffodils will be blooming in early July!
Why do we have Minnesotastan's weather this year?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Going back to work from lunch the other day, I smelled something heavenly - took me a moment to place the smell after months of darkness: lilacs in bloom. Didn't have time to track down the source, but it made me very excited that spring is here. I think I will plant some. I grew up with a massive lilac bush right outside my bedroom window. The smell always makes me nostalgic.
You can smell flowers from far enough away that you don't even know where they are? And specifically enough to identify the species?

My sense of smell must be worse than I thought. I have to put my face in a flower to smell it. And it mostly just smells like, "flower" to me.

crossfire

Premium Member
You can smell flowers from far enough away that you don't even know where they are? And specifically enough to identify the species?

My sense of smell must be worse than I thought. I have to put my face in a flower to smell it. And it mostly just smells like, "flower" to me.
I can understand being able to smell flower scent carried on the wind, as a lot of people can do that. But lilacs blooming in British Columbia already? They aren't supposed to bloom until April or May! :eek:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Seems strange listening to you northern hemisphere people. In the Southern Hemisphere, we have been sweltering through heat and bushfires and drought! :eek:

Looking forward to Autumn...my favorite season.

Just looking through the posts, it seems like everyone has had weird weather. England was too wet, floods but not much snow. The US has had more snow and cold than they know what to do with and us Aussies have been left in the lurch with more drought awful bushfires and too much heat.

How did the Europeans and Asians fair this year?

I know that the Islanders are getting their feet wet. :(

What's going on? Weather used to be predictable....not any more. :shrug:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of winter.

It's 14 F or -10 C here. I can deal with cold, but when it's painful to be outside for a few seconds, that's too much.

If it's painful just to exist in my environment, it makes me want to move. =/

That's it? A couple of times it was in the -30s here Farenheit

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Days are getting noticeably longer now.
Today it's up to about 15F & might even get a little sunny.
Heat wave!

crossfire

Premium Member
A couple of sunny days, and now we have the red flowering plums, the white flowering plums, forsythia, daffodils, heather, violets, primroses, and vina minor all in bloom. Even the lavender looks like it's gonna bloom in about a week! (The primroses smell so nice.) :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hey! I still have some green leaves on trees, & flowers in bloom.
Lets reanimate this thread in mid-winter.