• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Cool (I think, maybe)

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh did that little 'list' link next to the likes just appear? Or am i blind? Either way, nice :D

Laika

Premium Member
If anyone got some random likes from me in their news feed, Im just trying to figure out what the symbols represent. I thought the rainbow might be to call stuff "gay". thankfully Im wrong. :D

I think I can get used to it. It may even help understand "why" people like my posts and so maybe I can improve on them which is a bit more personal, but there's a danger in that too as other posters have said.

Thanks @Brent W for putting the effort in. Id make a guess this place would probably go to hell without you. (p.s. I like the new "its my birthday" symbol too. That could come in useful :) ).

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
All is well. Just busy keeping RF on the right path :)

Happy Birthday, Brent, for sure. And a good IT guy is essential for the functioning of a place like this. Please don't pick up all your marbles and go home after you read this! But just kinda curious, and seriously, please don't take this as snarky, how did you get voted to be the guy who determines the "right path" for RF without consulting the treaders of the path itself?? Even though it was probably intended as a gift, it feels like the new system was imposed on us. There being a ton of freedom fighters posting here--and not withstanding my previous statements for why I don't much care for it--I have to wonder if some of the discontent can be sourced to that alone?

Last edited:

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Ehhhhhh. I really am not fond of this. I think I'd have less of a problem with it if it included negative ones too, rather than just positive.

That would mean adding buttons for unlikeable, unfunny, loser, uninformative, unfriendly, useless, pessimistic and uncreative. And one for "meh". :p

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Happy Birthday, Brent, for sure. And a good IT guy is essential for the functioning of a place like this. Please don't pick up all your marbles and go home after you read this! But just kinda curious, and seriously, please don't take this as snarky, how did you get voted to be the guy who determines the "right path" for RF without consulting the treaders of the path itself?? Even though it was probably intended as a gift, it feels like the new system was imposed on us. There being a ton of freedom fighters posting here--and not withstanding my previous statements for why I don't much care for it--I have to wonder if some of the discontent can be sourced to that alone?

Thanks for the birthday wishes. While no one here voted on this add-on we have tested this extensively on two other sites over many months and have seen that not only has the communities received it very well, it has actually increased activity over the time as well. The first knee jerk reaction when something new shows up is to want to reset it.

In reality, the only thing that has changed is that 8 more rating options were added and the word Like changed to a Thumbs Up. The mechanics remain the same, just more flexibility for members to express their feelings for the post.

I realize that this was not brought up for debate and I understand how that can be a bit off putting. I did not personally feel that was something that was needed, due to the responses I have seen in the past. I meant no disrespect by not coming to those who have actually put the time in to get RF to where it is today.. I was simply making a judgement call based on my experience and the data that I had.

Hope that helps. If not, let me know what I can clarify or answer!