• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Cool (I think, maybe)

VioletVortex

Yeah, there's a "rating" system in place now. I know the number on the left is the number of frubals I've received, but what the **** does the number on the right represent?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I noticed there are no negative emotions like; Dislike. I guess that could get ugly real fast.

Yup. Real fast. I have a friend who used to frequent a certain forum until they introduced "dislikes". He said it wasn't long before people were forming "gangs", as he put it, to flame posters they didn't like.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yup. Real fast. I have a friend who used to frequent a certain forum until they introduced "dislikes". He said it wasn't long before people were forming "gangs", as he put it, to flame posters they didn't like.
The more people who don't like my postings the better, it means I must be doing something right.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When you go to your profile, it lists what you've received and what you've given in each category.

Wow! I've given out over 19,000 likes in my day. I didn't know that until now. I gave almost all of them to the beautiful women of RF though, and only about a dozen to the men. But that's only a coincidence. I'm sure it doesn't mean anything.

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member

Sorry, Sunstone, I was just logging back in to edit my post with details of "why not." I should not have just "voted" and left. Thanks for asking.

I feel not only will the new rating system detract from posters and readers concentrating on creating substance for the forum(s), i.e., the content of the posts themselves, but also now both poster and reader will have to sort and decide gradations of opinion, let alone click one by one on 8 (!) potential "lists" to see who feels how about what. It is ego's nature to see who likes what's been written, who is basically agreeing with the substance of the post. It will be very time consuming and RF participation is already very time consuming. It feels like a time-devouring "side track" from my understanding of the purpose of the forum. Just my opinion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sorry, Sunstone, I was just logging back in to edit my post with details of "why not." I should not have just "voted" and left. Thanks for asking.

I feel not only will the new rating system detract from posters and readers concentrating on creating substance for the forum(s), i.e., the content of the posts themselves, but also now both poster and reader will have to sort and decide gradations of opinion, let alone click one by one on 8 (!) potential "lists" to see who feels how about what. It is ego's nature to see who likes what's been written, who is basically agreeing with the substance of the post. It will be very time consuming and RF participation is already very time consuming. It feels like a time-devouring "side track" from my understanding of the purpose of the forum. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the clarification!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Just pick one, & use only it.
The <thumbs up> option seems a good default.
Problem solved!

And why is the symbol for <useful> a bomb with fins?

Last edited:

lovesong

:D
Premium Member

I agree on all of this.