• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Octuplets Born and All Alive

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I feel sorry for the children... the first six and the latest litter of eight. This isn't about motherhood, this is about lunacy.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
She also keeps saying she is not on "welfare"..She said she only gets food stamps(for food only close to $500 a month)..She said thats not "welfare" thats for people who have 'legitimate" needs and she and her children "qualify".She plans on using her 'school loans" to provide for her children until she can go back to school and finish her masters and get a job. :confused:..How can she go back to school if she spends the money for it on supporting herself and 14 children?Where will the money be to pay back the loans??

See what I mean about denial?

Love

Dallas

A

angellous_evangellous

I wonder if the state paid for the fertility treatments.

Insanity.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Also 3 of her 6 (not the newborns) recieve disability.One little boy is full blown autisitc.So not only does she have 6..3 of them are special needs.The little babies she just had?They are at great risk of all kinds of problems.Including cerebral palsey.

When asked how can one person take care (physcially not even finacially) that many children alone.She said of course one person cant ..thats humanly impossilbe.Thats what family and friends and church's are for.

I would think it would have been nice.For her to let all those people know ahead of time that she planned deliberately to have all these children with the intentions of assigning them(friends family and churchs) partial resonsibilty for raising her children.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I wonder if the state paid for the fertility treatments.

Insanity.

Well apparently she had 2 workmans comp claims.I'm wondering if she used that money to pay for the fertility treatments.Or some of it anyway.

She is divorced.Im "assuming" her ex-husband at some point in time helped pay for part of it.Plus at one point she did work.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would think it would have been nice.For her to let all those people ahead of time she deliberately had all these children with the intentions of assigning them partial resonsibilty for raising her children.
I am leaning towards the thinking that this lady is going to jail and that all of her children will become wards of the state.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I am leaning towards the thinking that this lady is going to jail and that all of her children will become wards of the state.

Well..apparently the grandfather is claiming she falsified birth certificates as to who the father was/is.Which is a felony.

Also ..just the medical bills they are projecting for the delivery and care of these babies is being estimated at 1,000,000.Which they say will most likely fall on the state..to reimburse the hospital and doctors.A state that is alreaddy 42,000,000 in dept.

But she is still claiming that she is taking responsibilty for her children.and that she is not on "welfare".Nope..she is responsible..she lives on workman comps claims(which are now beign disputed..supposedly she has neck and back injuries rendering her unable to work)..disability for 3 of her children..school loans..food stamps..and lives in a house her mother owns that she doesnt pay rent for...and her 8 newborns delivery and after care will be absorbed by the state.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
she lives on workman comps claims(which are now beign disputed..supposedly she has neck and back injuries rendering her unable to work
I think that carrying 8 babies would probably blow any claim she was trying to make right out of the water. If she couldn't work because of these injuries then how could she possibly carry her litter for almost 9 months.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I think that carrying 8 babies would probably blow any claim she was trying to make right out of the water. If she couldn't work because of these injuries then how could she possibly carry her litter for almost 9 months.

Well I think its pretty obvious.Especially because she had TWO seperate injury claims in a short period of time.Maybe her back and neck inujuries were from having the first 6 children in a span of 7 years including twins. That she doesnt support.

Love

Dallas

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I find it disgusting that a woman needs food stamps and welfare, but manages to afford the tens of thousands of dollars for IVF to pump out more kids.

Why isn't she spending that money on her current litter?

And how can she afford a publicist?

She's using these kids as a money making scheme and is in need of serious mental help.
If she really cared about the kids she would never have had so many at once, they will be sick for the rest of their lives due to low birth rate and premature birth.

wa:do

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
She also named all 8 babies middle names Angel.Which they are.But those angels are going to need some big people angels to swoop down and care for them for a long long time.

They have estimated that each baby will cost 2.5 million to care for their basic needs till they come of age.

Ironically ..she very well could end up making a lot of money because of her story adn the controversy surrounding it.It could be in the long run she will have plenty of money to support them.

Dateline claimed they did not pay her for the interview they had with her.But I can see her writing a book..selling photos of the babies as they grow...and copyrights to make movies about her life.

She could end up being a multi millionaire.And thats what shes going to need to support all those little ones.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If anyone deserves money for this it's the grandmother.
She is the primary caregiver for the kids and her daughter contributes next to nothing despite the money she makes. (which goes into making more babies).

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I find it disgusting that a woman needs food stamps and welfare, but manages to afford the tens of thousands of dollars for IVF to pump out more kids.

Why isn't she spending that money on her current litter?

And how can she afford a publicist?

She's using these kids as a money making scheme and is in need of serious mental help.
If she really cared about the kids she would never have had so many at once, they will be sick for the rest of their lives due to low birth rate and premature birth.

The publicist could be working "pro bono" until she comes into some money.Which Im sure he's gambling she will eventually.And probably sooner than later.

Cant you see those babies on the front cover of every magazine in sight?The children could end up supporting themselves and their mother(and thier siblings before them) in a sense.

Love

Dallas

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Selling the kids for cash and fame is disgusting IMHO.
If she couldn't afford to care for them to begin with, she should never have had them.
This is a money making scam with children as the bait.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Well, I for one am glad we have these sort of women on the case, spewing forth litter after litter, because someone has to replenish our rapidly dwindling population.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Selling the kids for cash and fame is disgusting IMHO.
If she couldn't afford to care for them to begin with, she should never have had them.
This is a money making scam with children as the bait.

I dont know..I dont think its a "money making scam"..I think the woman is serioulsy disturbed and doesnt live in reality.

Also initially I dont think she "counted" on 8 being succefully inplanted.

Apparently each time she received invitro that same clinic used 6 embryos.

4 resulted in single births and one in twins.(thats where the first six children came from)I do think everyone was "surprised" that 8 live births resulted from this last round.

In fact I think they only implanted 6..and one became twins out of this last go around.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Six is still a stupidly high number of embryos to implant.
She clearly didn't care that much for the kids safety or odds of survival.

ps. her actions in seeking media and now paypal donations show that she is clearly seeking to make money off this. I doubt that she didn't plan on it from the start.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Well, I for one am glad we have these sort of women on the case, spewing forth litter after litter, because someone has to replenish our rapidly dwindling population.

I dont have a problem myself if someone wants to have that many children.But you bettter make sure you are the one that is going to pay for it.There is a family that has a t.v show..Its called 17 and counting.The man and woman have 17 children.All single births..all concieved the "natural' way.And she is pregnant with the 18th.But they support themseves ..They have have property they rent..And they have a very spacious house.Enough room for the children.And the mother home schools.

Im sure they are raking it in now ..with the T.V show and interviews.But that is very recent.Their oldest son is 20 and just got married himself.They seriously wanted that many children.they are paying for it.And they are devoted to the children.All the children seem to be very stable and happy and healthy.

Love

Dallas