• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Octuplets Born and All Alive

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Now the grandmothers house is being foreclosed on.She is 23,000 behind in payments and is filing for bankrupsy.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Elessar

G-d preserve the victims of this woman's mental problems - her parents and her fourteen children.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Alos the publicist working for her quit.He said he was getting death threats.

She has also "expressed interest" in writing a book.One Tennesee talent agent said "its too early for a book..what she needs is less publicity not more"He was asked to "advise her" on liscensing "family photos" and he spent a week considering doing a book with her and decided to decline.He said she needs the "guidence of a pastor..not an agent".

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What the people of California are expressing.

"The outrage we're hearing in our office is from regular people trying to raise their families in a poor economy," says California state Sen. Sam Aanestad, a Republican. He says California, which is grappling with serious financial problems, may end up paying her hospital tab and future expenses.

Seven in 10 adults say they are unsympathetic toward Suleman, according to a USA TODAY Poll. Thirty-two percent say California should not do anything special to help her, but 37% say the state should provide special assistance. Twenty-one percent say the children should be taken from her care.

Love

Dallas

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Oh, just for the record, she said in an interview that once the kids are old enough, she was going to go back to school and use the money from a 50,000$ loan to pay for her children. She already owes 100,000$ in school loans.

I repeat: disgusting, worthless, societal LEECH!
I'm still a little fuzzy on where you stand on this one.... :p

Yeah, disregarding the obvious mental health issues involved, this never should've happened. The economic drain on the community and the compromised health of the octuplets is inexcusable. These kids may face a lifetime of health problems that can be directly traced to their incubator of a mum.

I'm no fan of the capitalist leaders of the CPC but I do think there's some merit to the one-child policy there. I do not necessarily think that reproductive rights should be limited to one child (the human rights abuses have been clearly documented), but do think that cases like this one should never have happened in the first place. Imagine a system where a cap of, say, 5 children is implemented, and imagine the benefits for women's health, more money for pre-natal care, free abortions and contraception.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I'm no fan of the capitalist leaders of the CPC but I do think there's some merit to the one-child policy there. I do not necessarily think that reproductive rights should be limited to one child (the human rights abuses have been clearly documented)
No doubt that there have been human rights abuses around the one-child policy, but not as wide-spread as the Western media would have you believe. The fact is, as soon as you start limiting how many children people can have, even if your limit is five, there are going to be people who will disobey the limits. And then the question is what the appropriate "penalty" should be. If the penalty is "humane," like a monetary fine, then what you're saying is that rich people can have more kids than poor people. If the penalty is harsh, like jail, then you're in the position of putting the parents of new-born babies in jail. Thus, I don't see how you can *fairly* limit the number of kids one can have.

I'm not sure what you're saying "Ugh" in response to. The fact that they have 18 kids and aren't ruling out having more? They've never used IVF. They've never taken public assistance. The kids *seem* healthy and well-fed. Obviously we don't know for sure they're ok, but it wasn't that long ago in U.S. history when a dozen or more kids was the norm, not the exception. So it's not like people can't have large families and raise healthy, stable kids.

My objection to "octomom" is that she behaved in a completely irresponsible manner, intentionally going out of her way to put her family in this impossible situation where her parents and children and fellow Californians bear the brunt of her actions. But lets not forget the doctor(s) who went along with this. A doctor is supposed to do no harm. In my book, that includes not allowing people to destroy their lives and the lives around them when they clearly are suffering from mental issues. The doctor(s) should have their license(s) revoked.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
I'm not sure what you're saying "Ugh" in response to. The fact that they have 18 kids and aren't ruling out having more?
Correct. That and the current U.S. obssession with reality tv shows that are fascinated by these multiple births.
They've never used IVF. They've never taken public assistance. The kids *seem* healthy and well-fed.
Nope, they haven't, that's true. But I never claimed that was an issue. My knee-jerk visceral response was mainly over how the octo-mom had such a negative public reaction- a reaction I partially share- when a family like the Duggars are portrayed as model families, particularly when it comes to their financial situation- debt free, no public aid, etc. But their tv show and private donations are hardly ever commented on in any critical manner.
Obviously we don't know for sure they're ok, but it wasn't that long ago in U.S. history when a dozen or more kids was the norm, not the exception. So it's not like people can't have large families and raise healthy, stable kids.
Was the birth rate that high? The highest numbers I'm aware of are American stats going back to 1800 where the average woman had 7 or 8 (and that's counting stillbirths of course). I think 12 is an anomaly and 18 record setting.
My objection to "octomom" is that she behaved in a completely irresponsible manner, intentionally going out of her way to put her family in this impossible situation where her parents and children and fellow Californians bear the brunt of her actions. But lets not forget the doctor(s) who went along with this. A doctor is supposed to do no harm. In my book, that includes not allowing people to destroy their lives and the lives around them when they clearly are suffering from mental issues. The doctor(s) should have their license(s) revoked.
I agree 100%. Particularly over a doctor abusing their abilities to perform a medical procedure on a women who clearly has mental health issues.