• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Governor bans Travel to NC, Really?

According to to multiple News sites and the governor himself Andrew Cuomo bans tax payer funded trips to the state North Carolina from New York State over "anti LGBT protection laws". cities San Francisco and Seattle has also done the same thing on Monday. What do you think? I personally think this is highly unconstitutional and bull****, as I am from North Carolina but moved to New York State and have been living here for about three years now. This to me is also hypocritical, as this new law in NC prevents Transgenders to use the restrooms of the gender they "choose" instead of the bathrooms of their birth genders. What do you guys think? Is this "protest" the right thing to do or is this total bull****?

Sources:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-state-travel-to-north-carolina-over-lgbt-law
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...l-travel-to-nc-due-to-anti-discrimination-law
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-bans-non-essential-state-travel-north-carolina

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
To me it sounds like PC left bullying. Then if we have the right-wingers boycotting places for other issues we will need a second American Civil War before you know it:)

How do we know if it is a transgender person or pervert walking into the women's restroom that some young girls are using? And how are bathroom patrons going to check for themselves? I guess I haven't yet been following this debate.

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
I think people should Embargo The Fascist Theocracy of North Carolina.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In itself, Cuomo's gesture will have relatively little impact on NC, but it might lead others to do the same.

Skwim

Veteran Member
According to to multiple News sites and the governor himself Andrew Cuomo bans tax payer funded trips to the state North Carolina from New York State over "anti LGBT protection laws". cities San Francisco and Seattle has also done the same thing on Monday. What do you think? I personally think this is highly unconstitutional and bull****, as I am from North Carolina but moved to New York State and have been living here for about three years now.
Just which Constitutional article or amendment do you feel is violated?

This to me is also hypocritical, as this new law in NC prevents Transgenders to use the restrooms of the gender they "choose" instead of the bathrooms of their birth genders.
So, where does the hypocrisy lie?

What do you guys think? Is this "protest" the right thing to do or is this total bull****?

Total bull ****

☑ Right thing

Skwim

Veteran Member
To me it sounds like PC left bullying. Then if we have the right-wingers boycotting places for other issues we will need a second American Civil War before you know it:)

How do we know if it is a transgender person or pervert walking into the women's restroom that some young girls are using? And how are bathroom patrons going to check for themselves? I guess I haven't yet been following this debate.
How do we know the gent in the adjoining urinal isn't a perverted gay? How do we know if the woman walking into the women's restroom that some young girls are using isn't a lesbian pedophile?

David1967

Premium Member
According to to multiple News sites and the governor himself Andrew Cuomo bans tax payer funded trips to the state North Carolina from New York State over "anti LGBT protection laws". cities San Francisco and Seattle has also done the same thing on Monday. What do you think? I personally think this is highly unconstitutional and bull****, as I am from North Carolina but moved to New York State and have been living here for about three years now. This to me is also hypocritical, as this new law in NC prevents Transgenders to use the restrooms of the gender they "choose" instead of the bathrooms of their birth genders. What do you guys think? Is this "protest" the right thing to do or is this total bull****?

Sources:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...-state-travel-to-north-carolina-over-lgbt-law
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...l-travel-to-nc-due-to-anti-discrimination-law
https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-bans-non-essential-state-travel-north-carolina

Publicity stunt.

George-ananda

Premium Member
How do we know the gent in the adjoining urinal isn't a perverted gay? How do we know if the woman walking into the women's restroom that some young girls are using isn't a lesbian pedophile?
I think male deviants in the ladies room is the greater concern. Males are stronger and more sexually aggressive in general.

On more thought. I wonder if the best solution is for transgender people to only us the male restroom.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I think male deviants in the ladies room is the greater concern. Males are stronger and more sexually aggressive in general.

On more thought. I wonder if the best solution is for transgender people to only us the male restroom.
Are you talking about both transgendered forms using male restrooms?

My thinking is that if a straight, male pervert wants to dress up as a female in order to go into a female restroom he's probably doing so right now. Allowing true transgendered males into female restrooms isn't going to be opening up any new doors. The same goes for females.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

My thinking is that if a straight, male pervert wants to dress up as a female in order to go into a female restroom he's probably doing so right now. Allowing true transgendered males into female restrooms isn't going to be opening up any new doors. The same goes for females.

Don't you see the problem here? At present it is illegal the pervert to do as you say. If the law is rescinded it will no longer be illegal for the same pervert to openly entertain himself by traipsing around the women's toilet claiming to be transgendered (ignore the beard and cigar). Only if he acts out can he be arrested,

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Sources:
What part of the Constitution are you claiming it violates?
What makes it hypocritical?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Yes, because forcing transgender women to use the men's room in a place with enough intolerance that bills like this can get passed doesn't create any problems at all, and won't result in danger for anyone. :rolleyes:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Yes, because forcing transgender women to use the men's room in a place with enough intolerance that bills like this can get passed doesn't create any problems at all, and won't result in danger for anyone. :rolleyes:
I still have not heard how NC plans on enforcing that particular bill.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Yes
My thinking is that if a straight, male pervert wants to dress up as a female in order to go into a female restroom he's probably doing so right now.

I just have not heard of that being much of an issue with the current system. Not too many perverts/rapists even want to dress up as women in public.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Who said anything like 'doesn't create any problems at all'?? I'm looking for the system that would most minimize problems.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Who said anything like 'doesn't create any problems at all'?? I'm looking for the system that would most minimize problems.
You're irrationally focusing on "perverts/rapists" and neglecting the very real and serious risk of assault on trans people.

It seems your whole objection to letting trans women use the women's washroom boils down to a very specific category of people: "pervert/rapist" men who:

- want to attack people in public women's washrooms,
- can't pass as a cis woman now,
- are ONLY deterred from attacking people in women's washrooms because they can't pass as a cis woman and for no other reasons (e.g. the risk of attacking someone in a public place).

How many people do you think fall into this category in North Carolina? Just give your best guess: hundreds? Dozens? Any? Why do you think this is a more critical risk than the risk of trans-bashing from forcing trans women to use the men's room?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Don't you see the problem here? At present it is illegal the pervert to do as you say. If the law is rescinded it will no longer be illegal for the same pervert to openly entertain himself by traipsing around the women's toilet claiming to be transgendered (ignore the beard and cigar). Only if he acts out can he be arrested,
Why? The law would only apply to transgendered people, not anyone else.