• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NY Governor bans Travel to NC, Really?

Skwim

Veteran Member
You guys are totally making my point. If I say I am transgendered (or even pre-transgendered) who'll be able to prove I'm not? Who can stop me from entering the public female bathroom at will?
The burden would be yours to prove you are. After all, you're the one making the affirmative "statement." And while they may not be able to physically stop you from entering the public female bathroom at will, they can have you arrested for it if it violates the law.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Maybe I missed it, but what about gays and lesbians? Why haven't we seen laws against them using bathrooms in public? Which is my rhetorical way to say the whole so-called controversy is just ridiculous.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Maybe I missed it, but what about gays and lesbians? Why haven't we seen laws against them using bathrooms in public? Which is my rhetorical way to say the whole so-called controversy is just ridiculous.
Not when it's your ox that's getting gored.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You guys are totally making my point. If I say I am transgendered (or even pre-transgendered) who'll be able to prove I'm not? Who can stop me from entering the public female bathroom at will?
By saying that transgender people should use the washroom that corresponds to their biological sex, you're saying that people like this should be using the women's washroom:

hqdefault.jpg

Assuming that nobody's going to actually check your genitals when you try to enter, which scenario do you think makes it easier for a cis man to enter a women's washroom?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The burden would be yours to prove you are. After all, you're the one making the affirmative "statement." And while they may not be able to physically stop you from entering the public female bathroom at will, they can certainly have you arrested for it.

But, again, are you going to need some professional proof saying you're transgendered, not just some pervert that wants to watch little girls pee? And, if it is the legal for males to be in female's bathrooms, how can I be arrested for just standing around in a dress?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is mostly symbolic and for the most part only effects civil servants in the state of NY. It does not stop anyone from going to or moving to NC. It only stops the use of State Government money for state employees...and for that matter I am not sure how much of a ban it is in that case either, because I am willing to bet if a legislator or assemblyman wanted to take a trip to NC for any reason "government reason" (Like inspecting sand quality on Victory beach) that the state would pay for it..... you can't expect a legislator or assemblyman to pay out of pocket for such important research.
Well I think NY's actions are so lame that Revoltistan is now prohibiting
its civil servants from using state money to see live Broadway shows.
That'll teach'm a lesson!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
But, again, are you going to need some professional proof saying you're transgendered, not just some pervert that wants to watch little girls pee?
FYI: women's washrooms have stalls with doors.

And where a men's washroom would have urinals, women's washrooms just have more stalls.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
FYI: women's washrooms have stalls with doors.

And where a men's washroom would have urinals, women's washrooms just have more stalls.

So you're okay with some slime ball watching your little daughter or grand daughter do her business?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you're okay with some slime ball watching your little daughter or grand daughter do her business?
I'm not sure if you didn't read my post or just failed to understand it.

... or are washroom stalls transparent where you live?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well I think NY's actions are so lame that Revoltistan is now prohibiting
its civil servants from using state money to see live Broadway shows.
That'll teach'm a lesson!

But what if it is a trip to Broadway to study the economic development of the Revoltistanian theater district..... I know its a silly question...since that implies there is culture in Revoltistan... and there isn't..... but speaking hypothetically..... or better yet, to study the feasibility if parking tractors in a broadway stage...if that makes more since

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But what if it is a trip to Broadway to study the economic development of the Revoltistanian theater district..... I know its a silly question...since that implies there is culture in Revoltistan... and there isn't..... but speaking hypothetically..... or better yet, to study the feasibility if parking tractors in a broadway stage...if that makes more since
We don't think too much about our protests.
We just do'm!

Draka

Wonder Woman
But you're okay with a pervert in the same bathroom as your wife, sister, daughter, etc?
Are you purposely not paying attention to the points that have been made?

1. Women restrooms have locking stall doors. To watch someone pee one would have to crawl on floor to look under the stalls. Not a not noticeable thing.

2. Most male sex offenders aren't going to start dressing up as women, makeup and all, just to walk into a women's restroom.

3. With the law in place forcing transgenders to use the restroom of their birth gender then transgender men, who look like just regular guys, would be able to use women's restrooms thus,...regular cis guys could walk right in too. This puts the possibility of even more men (with big bad scary penises) in women's rooms.

4. Sexual predators aren't likely to let the law deter them from their actions anyway so laws regarding transgenders in restrooms thinking it is about stopping sexual predators (when really it is about making spectacles of transgenders to be mean and bigoted) are absurd.

Now, as a woman, who has daughters as well, I would say I have no issues with having transgender women use the women's room. That's where they should go. It's not my business what their genitals happen to be at any given point. And as a boon, in women's room, it doesn't really matter as...we have stalls. If a pre-op transgender woman with an intact penis is in the stall next to my daughter my daughter will not see anything anyway...so it really is not an issue now is it?

Stop trying to drum up paranoia. "Perverts" aren't going to let some law stop them from doing something else which is also against the law. Get real. :rolleyes:. The only thing this law is for is to harass transgenders, that's it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The only thing this law is for is to harass transgenders, that's it.
Honestly, I think this has mainly to do with weak Republican candidates in the November election hoping to ride out the GOP meltdown induced by Trump and the Cleveland Cage Match. They gotta pander desperately while they can.
Tom
ETA. And dems from NY to Seattle are helping the down ticket Republican candidates tie their shoelaces together. :)

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Why do you equate trans women with "perverts" or threats?

No just perverts who may use the title "transgendered" to put them in a position to do damage; especially since there is no true way to determine the validity of the "transgender" claim in every case.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No just perverts who may use the title "transgendered" to put them in a position to do damage; especially since there is no true way to determine the validity of the "transgender" claim in every case.
So "perverts" who have been successfully thwarted by keeping transgender people out of their appropriate washrooms and would become threats if transgender people were allowed to use the washrooms they identify with?

I don't think such people exist. Do you?

Bonus question, since we seem stuck in the weeds of fantasy-land: in the scenario you've concocted, do you think there are more of these phantom cross-dressing perverts than there are cis male "perverts" who will pretend to be trans men in order to get into the women's washroom, where your preferred option would stick the trans men?

Edit: bonus bonus question: under your preferred option, where will these adult "perverts" be when a transgender tween girl has to use a public men's room?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
So "perverts" who have been successfully thwarted by keeping transgender people out of their appropriate washrooms and would become threats if transgender people were allowed to use the washrooms they identify with?

I don't think such people exist. Do you?

Bonus question, since we seem stuck in the weeds of fantasy-land: in the scenario you've concocted, do you think there are more of these phantom cross-dressing perverts than there are cis male "perverts" who will pretend to be trans men in order to get into the women's washroom, where your preferred option would stick the trans men?

Edit: bonus bonus question: under your preferred option, where will these adult "perverts" be when a transgender tween girl has to use a public men's room?
worthy.gif

Your bonus bonus question is awesome. I do have to wonder if anyone thought that through at all. The idea of a 12 year old transgender girl in a men's room...are there people who really think that is a good idea? What about the 17y/o transgender girl?

Why and where do people get the idea that this girl is better off using a men's room rather than a women's?
2ADFFD4600000578-3184776-image-m-239_1438702392527.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
worthy.gif

Your bonus bonus question is awesome. I do have to wonder if anyone thought that through at all. The idea of a 12 year old transgender girl in a men's room...are there people who really think that is a good idea? What about the 17y/o transgender girl?

Why and where do people get the idea that this girl is better off using a men's room rather than a women's?
2ADFFD4600000578-3184776-image-m-239_1438702392527.jpg
I recognize her.