• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nonbelievers to Hell!

Midnight Pete

I hope so. I know quite a number of Christians and none of them consider that doctrine holds water, they are much more laid back about their faith.

Laid back = Lukewarm.

Revelation 3:16 states that God will reject anyone who is apathetic in their walk. It's better to be an unbeliever than a lukewarm Christian.

...These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth...

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
According to Matthew [25v32] there will be a future cut-off time.
Only those who are placed at Jesus right hand of favor, so to speak, at that time of separation, will be counted as being part of the humble, mild, meek sheep-like ones who can be saved preserved alive at that time and have everlasting life in view right here on earth as originally offered to Adam.

As far as those who died before Christ, Romans [6v7] states that the one who has died is freed from sin. This does not mean they are innocent but like a governor can pardon a person so the crime [sin] charges no longer stick.

Since death is the wages sin pays [Rom 6v23] then one's 'death' stamps the price tag of sin as 'Paid in Full' thus those dead before Christ will be resurrected during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth. Acts 24v14.
Resurrected Not to heaven but right here on earth.
That is why Acts [2v34] can say even king David did not ascend to heaven.
The prophet Daniel looked forward to an earthly resurrection. [12vs2,13]

So those that died before Christ are Not offered any heavenly hope, but can be part of the promise to Abraham that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed. Gen 12v3; 22vs17,18; Rev 22v2.

All I see there are double standards and twisting "god's law" for convinience.

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
You seem to trust Thomas Jefferson as much as other people trust God. Thomas Jefferson was just a man.

I do not agree with that statement because I trust Thomas Jefferson, but because I agree with him. A good God would support reason, logic, and science. A good God would not punish those who did not believe in him because of logic. A good God would not reward people for having faith in his existence without good evidence. Love, charity, leadership, and reason should be rewarded.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
jesus seemed pretty laid back about the prostitute washing his feet. maybe what god didnt tell anybody in his book is that being too uptight about faith is his biggest pet peeve.

And the whipping event at the Temple did not happen?

Seems like an intense moment to me.

Midnight Pete

I do not agree with that statement because I trust Thomas Jefferson, but because I agree with him. A good God would support reason, logic, and science. A good God would not punish those who did not believe in him because of logic. A good God would not reward people for having faith in his existence without good evidence. Love, charity, leadership, and reason should be rewarded.

As an atheist, what do you care about what a good God would or would not do?

DarkSun

:eltiT
...These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth...

You worship this guy...? He sounds like a real good fellow. :areyoucra

DarkSun

Yes. :yes:

And if I'm crazy, I'm crazy for Him.

You idolise a deity who tells us to love each other while damning everyone to hell for disbelief? It sounds like you're worshiping a hypocrite, no offense. What would you do if it turned out that Allah was the one true God, and on the day of judgement it would be you who was smited, not everyone else?

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

You idolise a deity who tells us to love each other while damning everyone to hell for disbelief? It sounds like you're worshiping a hypocrite, no offense. What would you do if it turned out that Allah was the one true God, and on the day of judgement it would be you who was smited, not everyone else?

If that were the case, I would be SOL! :D

Intellectual honesty means admitting you could be wrong. To that end, I admit that I could be wrong about everything my faith tells me. Faith is faith, after all.

DarkSun

If that were the case, I would be SOL! :D

Intellectual honesty means admitting you could be wrong. To that end, I admit that I could be wrong about everything my faith tells me. Faith is faith, after all.

Sol, as in, Spanish for Sun? Nice pun...
Were you ever a previous member of this forum?

Last edited:

Dan4reason

Facts not Faith
As an atheist, what do you care about what a good God would or would not do?

That is not the point I am trying to make at all. A good God would not be intolerant to people of different religious beliefs, therefore the God of the Christians is not a good God. If follows then that the bible must be wrong because it claims that God is omniscient.

JP of PA

That is not the point I am trying to make at all. A good God would not be intolerant to people of different religious beliefs, therefore the God of the Christians is not a good God. If follows then that the bible must be wrong because it claims that God is omniscient.

Are you concluding that Christians generally have any type of solid understanding of the "bible?"